A discussion on free trade

All people are slaves to the state in china. It's not a cover for xenophobia. There is a rising chorus of voices of discontent on the China issue. You're on the wrong side of history, my little friend.

One could argue the same of US citizens, you pretty much did.

I am not mad at China but am mad at out own businesses and investors for doing this to us.
Also I am mad at the american people for their encouragement of the China trade issue. They suffer from greed limited vision as well.

The only issue of any relevance with all this is government debt. Trade deficit is meaningless.

The only issue of any relevance with all this is government debt. Trade deficit is meaningless.

I don't entirely agree here either, it's not as bad as the national debt, which stands around 9 trillion, but certainly a better ratio with China would be preferable.

Well, a corporation might be able to profit from arms by taking out the execs in competing corps. Of course, it would really be the mercenaries they hire who would be directly profiting from arms...

I take exception with this point. Tell that to the Russians, or nearly every milita, or third world nations are equipped with those AK -47/ 74.

I was talking about domestic buyers. But, third world nations are governments. And ak 47 are not the limit of munitions for which people are talking about keeping domestic manufactures. We are talking tanks, planes and shit. The government can ensure a domestic supplier easily by being a near monopsony buyer.

The munitions crap is just another bs excuse to argue for protectionism.

[left said:
Threedee;167739][/left]Well, a corporation might be able to profit from arms by taking out the execs in competing corps. Of course, it would really be the mercenaries they hire who would be directly profiting from arms...

Not talking about round the bout
means
, I'm talking direct sales... Just from memory I'd say worldwide sales are half a trillion... It's a problem when every hack outside this country with a chip on
their
shoulders owns
an AK.

I don't entirely agree here either, it's not as bad as the national debt, which stands around 9 trillion, but certainly a better ratio with China would be preferable.

Who cares if they get our dollars. They cannot do much with them without our voluntary compliance. With government debt the federal government can force citizens to finance that debt.

nAHZi bitches about slave laborers and uses that to further limit the rights of american slaves to choose with whom they trade.

Who cares if they get our dollars. They cannot do much with them without our voluntary compliance. With government debt the federal government can force citizens to finance that debt.

nAHZi bitches about slave laborers and uses that to further limit the rights of american slaves to choose with whom they trade.

I care, that they own what over a trillion dollars of the US, iou's the US government has written them and can't afford, as you pointed out they can cash all that in and bankrupt us, yes we need them to play fair, but using a delicate hand, which shouldn't be to hard since their holdings aren't diversified. But I don't think we need to only trade freely with those who don't' manipulate they system.

Individuals have never crafted their own international trade policy, for good reason.

One could argue the same of US citizens, you pretty much did.

It varies by degrees. Americans will become slaves if we expect them to compete with slaves.
we have always used trade as part of incentive "carrot and stick" packages to achieve political and social ends. Considering this rich history, we should cease trade with china until they disarm and change.

Back