A fatal blow for evolution?

Have you read Samuel Kramer's History Begins at Sumer?

He spend 50 years translating the ancient tablets.

History Begins at Sumer | Samuel Noah Kramer

History Begins at Sumer is the classic account of the achievements of the Sumerians, who lived in what is now southern Iraq during the third millennium B.C. They were the developers of the cuneiform system of writing, perhaps their greatest contribution to civilization, which allowed laws and literature to be recorded for the first time.

http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/1059.html

You expect him to read?

Mutt the hippie said: "My main purpose in responding is to provide a counter argument from someone who has studied biology at a high level that those who are reading these post that provides information on what science is and is not and how a scientific theory, specifically evolutionary theory, actually works and how creationist beliefs don’t meet the standards of science."

And yet there are many scientists who disagree with evolution. But you ignore them, of course. Your attempt to make Creationists look like a bunch of uneducated antiscience rubes is laughable. Evolution does not use the scientific method. So your appeal to science is REALLY laughable. Evolution is not a scientific theory. It barely even qualifies as a hypothesis. There is no scientific evidence to support it. None. It is all guess-work that requires blind faith to believe in. I don't have that much faith.

Great, so why don't you link us up to peer-reviewed journal articles on studies by these scientists that refute evolution?

You're failing miserably, let us read what they posit.

Really? Well, think about this. Written history goes back to the time of the first written language. So why is there no mention of historical events prior to this time period? It's almost like there was no history to speak of. There should have been countless oral histories passed down, but not a single one was ever written down. Think about it.

And now, you have the need to move the goal posts; but then, it was expected. :good4u:

Mutt the hippie said: "My main purpose in responding is to provide a counter argument from someone who has studied biology at a high level that those who are reading these post that provides information on what science is and is not and how a scientific theory, specifically evolutionary theory, actually works and how creationist beliefs don’t meet the standards of science."

And yet there are many scientists who disagree with evolution. But you ignore them, of course. Your attempt to make Creationists look like a bunch of uneducated antiscience rubes is laughable. Evolution does not use the scientific method. So your appeal to science is REALLY laughable. Evolution is not a scientific theory. It barely even qualifies as a hypothesis. There is no scientific evidence to support it. None. It is all guess-work that requires blind faith to believe in. I don't have that much faith.

No actually there are only a handful of cranks on the margins of science who try to debunk a theory that has made a vast array of useful predictions.

As for treating Creationist like Rubes well I personally do not but when you try to be intellectually dishonest and try to rationalize your religious beliefs as science in the silliest way well you make your own bed and get to sleep in it.

Here’s the reason why it’s a waste of time debating the topic with you. The most obvious is that you don’t have any formal training in science. You’ve proven your own writing that you don’t know what science is or how it or scientific theyworks. #2. You have another agenda other than advancing science. #3 you fail to recognize the thousands of useful predictions and applications based on evolutionary theory that are still occurring and #4 you have not provided a scientific replacement for modeling speciation as evolutionary theory does.

So unless you have something that I and other biologist can independently verify you’re wasting our time.

Great, so why don't you link us up to peer-reviewed journal articles on studies by these scientists that refute evolution?

You're failing miserably, let us read what they posit.

Can you provide the actual picture of my grandfather you claim I evolved from 20,000 generations ago? Unless you can and can prove it's my direct line, evolution has been refuted.

Can you provide the actual picture of my grandfather you claim I evolved from 20,000 generations ago? Unless you can and can prove it's my direct line, evolution has been refuted.

There were no cameras; but I found a carving!! :D

v0_master.jpg

You "refute" everything you didn't witness first hand cornpone, you told us. If you have no idea where you come from why is it a problem for me? I enjoy your prideful ignorance.

You "refute" everything you didn't witness first hand cornpone, you told us. If you have no idea where you come from why is it a problem for me? I enjoy your prideful ignorance.

You're the one making claims. If you're unable to provide proof of those claims, it is your problem.

Back