Aerosmith are a truly shitty band, that's the truth

Train kept a rollin'

Anyone who writes this cannot be trusted to have good judgement about rock music:

"Rush fans are convinced their band is actually great. Imagine being that deluded."

It's laughable to claim Aerosmith is a bad parody of the Rolling Stones, they sound nothing like the stones.

What is the one Aerosmith song you could not have done without this life?

I dont have anything either.

What is the one Aerosmith song you could not have done without this life?

I dont have anything either.

Were you born in like 1927, and already advanced middle age and out of the loop by the 1970s?

Those of us who grew up in the 1970s clearly remember Aerosmith being one of the last lines of defense in an era of Disco Queens and Bubblegum pop.

Anyone who remembers Air Supply and the Bee Gees is quite aware of the importance of Aerosmith.

Were you born in like 1927, and already advanced middle age and out of the loop by the 1970s?

Those of us who grew up in the 1970s clearly remember Aerosmith being one of the last lines of defense in an era of Disco Queens and Bubblegum pop.

Anyone who remembers Air Supply and the Bee Gees is quite aware of the importance of Aerosmith.

By 1975, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix were dead, Zeppelin was running on empty and put out their last good album in 1974, and the Rolling Stones last good album was in 1972.

This is a representative example of what we had to listen to in the mid 1970s. Starland Vocal Band, what a nightmare

Don't forget Toys in the attic.
Admittedly their best days are (way) behind them.
Hard to argue that they are shitty, based on sales.

But...by the time they hit it big I was way past basic Rock N Roll and into Prog Rock, Blues, and more complex music like Tull.

Aerosmith never impressed me.

Hard to argue that they are shitty, based on sales.

But...by the time they hit it big I was way past basic Rock N Roll and into Prog Rock, Blues, and more complex music like Tull.

Aerosmith never impressed me.
The original version of Aerosmith is clearly superior to their later attempts to try pop rock.

But after living through ABBA, Little River Band, Bee Gees, Starland Vocal Band, bands like Aerosmith, Rush, and ACDC actually ended up making the mid to late 1970s respectable.

The original version of Aerosmith is clearly superior to their later attempts to try pop rock.

But after living through ABBA, Little River Band, Bee Gees, Starland Vocal Band, bands like Aerosmith, Rush, and ACDC actually ended up making the mid to late 1970s respectable.

Just hold on there. ABBA gave us two truly awful movies, the Bee Gees gave Travolta something to strut to, Starland Vocal Band gave us the trigger to a truly hilarious movie scene (Good Will Hunting) and the Little River Band got me laid in college (they played at the Hole Coffeehouse at the University of Minnesota. My date was inspired).

So there.

By 1975, Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix were dead, Zeppelin was running on empty and put out their last good album in 1974, and the Rolling Stones last good album was in 1972.

This is a representative example of what we had to listen to in the mid 1970s. Starland Vocal Band, what a nightmare

That song is about sex in the afternoon, you know real sex, not phone sex. Are you so senile that you can't remember Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, The Who, David Bowie, Boz Scaggs, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Santana, Eagles, Ry Cooder, Bob Marley, Thin Lizzy and many more ffs!!

Just for you! :D

That song is about sex in the afternoon, you know real sex, not phone sex. Are you so senile that you can't remember Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, The Who, David Bowie, Boz Scaggs, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Santana, Eagles, Ry Cooder, Bob Marley, Thin Lizzy and many more ffs!!

I never liked Queen,Thunder* of Thailand.

But that's just my opinion. I am not going to pull the they are totally shitty card.

The Who's last good album was 1972.

Half the bands you mentioned aren't rock and roll.

Ry Cooder and Boz Skaggs? GTFOH

Last edited by a moderator:
Back