Aerosmith are a truly shitty band, that's the truth

Big deal, they are grossly overrated as well. Sweet Child of Mine is good but not much else.
Guns and Roses was a global phenomenon, and they bended the arc of music history by burying the cheesy and phony hair bands of the 1980s.

G&R, Metallica, Nirvana defined rock music for at least a decade.

And Slash is on record pointing to Aerosmith as the model and inspiration for G&R.

Agree. After that, they were basically phoning it in. Of course, the Daltrey/Townshend fights were taking center stage, with the latter basically going on strike lyrically.

LOL. Punk was all about hating everything. More movement than music ability. I was into the Ramones before anyone knew who they were. Again...NYC college radio. I outgrew them rather quickly.

Yes/ELP/Genesis sold out arenas, so the niche could have been regional

LOL. Bee Gees biggest fall from grace.

Yep...as I said...at 15 I was already way past them. A lot of people remember them fondly from their younger days.

I have always been the type that can enjoy filet mignon and cheeseburgers both.

I like the sophistication of Rush and Pink Floyd, but I also like the loud, catchy three chord rock of the Ramones and ACDC.

Steven Tyler doesn't give a flying fuck what you think.

Neither does anyone else!

PRIMAVERA can go suck on Aerosmith's "BIG TEN INCH"! :laugh:

In my opinion, Aerosmith is America's longest lived ROCK band and they made one of the best contributions to ROCK N' ROLL- in the history of ROCK N' ROLL MUSIC EVER!

ASK ANY ROCK STAR THAT EVER CONTRIBUTED TO ROCK AND ROLL!

ASK ANY "TRUE" ROCK AND ROLL FAN- ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!

Here is why Primavera has his little pink panties all wadded up in his prolapsed ass crack about Aerosmith .....

Steven Tyler Sent a Cease and Desist Letter to Stop Donald Trump from Playing Aerosmith at Rallies!

151012101935-steven-tyler-donald-trump.jpg

BINGO!

I mean- can we help it if Melania looks like Steven Tyler!

5gyu30.jpg

DUH!

Just more cancel culture!

steven-tyler-laughing.gif

Last edited:
I was going to say more or less the same thing.

Just one more reason to dislike them.

That is fine to dislike them, but the premise of the thread is whether Aerosmith is truly a shitty band.

I don't like Roxy Music, Whitney Houston, or Lady Gaga.

But I am not going to make the judgement call that they are truly shitty.

And Slash is on record pointing to Aerosmith as the model and inspiration for G&R.

The thing I didn't like about either of those two bands is they both had an air of concoctedness about them.

As if their look and style was contrived to appeal to a certain record sales demographic.

I'm a huge fan of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. Not just because the songs lyrics and music is as good as it gets in rock-n-roll, but because it is really apparent that they weren't trying to produce a product by which they'd achieve fame, adulation and wealth.

They were a group of buddies from the same small town who loved what they did and it came across in their music.

Kinda like what Petty expressed in one song "I'd have done it for nothin', I'd have done it for free."

I don't get that same feeling from Aerosmith or G&R.

I like horn-driven bands.

You need at least five: baritone saxophone, tenor saxophone, two trumpets, and trombone.

Guitars--as in one of them only--belong in the rhythm section with the piano, bass, and drums.

Also, Steven Tyler's voice isn't exactly Sinatra, is it? It's not even Louis Prima's.

Distorted guitars and screaming make me appreciate the comfort of silence.

The thing I didn't like about either of those two bands is they both had an air of concoctedness about them.

As if their look and style was contrived to appeal to a certain record sales demographic.

I'm a huge fan of Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. Not just because the songs lyrics and music is as good as it gets in rock-n-roll, but because it is really apparent that they weren't trying to produce a product by which they'd achieve fame, adulation and wealth.

They were a group of buddies from the same small town who loved what they did and it came across in their music.

Kinda like what Petty expressed in one song "I'd have done it for nothin', I'd have done it for free."

I don't get that same feeling from Aerosmith or G&R.

I like Tom Petty a lot too.

There wasn't much of a market for stripped-down, raunchy hard rock when Aerosmith and G&R broke out.

Disco and Bubblegum pop was dominating the American music biz in 1975.

Glam rock and cheesy pop metal hair bands were what was being marketed in 1987.

Aerosmith and G&R went for the stripped-down grungy version of hard rock because they were obviously authentically into it, irrespective of the profitable trends at the time.

I like Tom Petty a lot too.

There wasn't much of a market for stripped-down, raunchy hard rock when Aerosmith and G&R broke out.

Disco and Bubblegum pop was dominating the American music biz in 1975.

Glam rock and cheesy pop metal hair bands were what was being marketed in 1987.

Aerosmith and G&R went for the stripped-down grungy version of hard rock because they were obviously authentically into it, irrespective of the profitable trends at the time.

They still seemed kind of fake to me.

Kinda like Garth Brooks is to Country music.

Not genuine.

Especially Axl Rose.

He just seemed like an asshole out to make a buck.

Tyler, too.

Were you born in like 1927, and already advanced middle age and out of the loop by the 1970s?

Those of us who grew up in the 1970s clearly remember Aerosmith being one of the last lines of defense in an era of Disco Queens and Bubblegum pop.

Anyone who remembers Air Supply and the Bee Gees is quite aware of the importance of Aerosmith.

I like just about everything at least a little, but I have certainly spent more time with Air Supply and the Gibb brothers than Aerosmith.

That's the simple truth, of course Californian soy boys love them, that goes without saying. Nonetheless they are truly dreadful.

https://offthetracks.co.nz/aerosmith-awful/

Well according to the experts from the Recording Industry Association of America, Aerosmith has achieved 25 gold, 18 platinum, and 12 multi-platinum album certifications, in addition to one diamond album and four gold singles. With 150 million albums sold worldwide and 66.5 million in the United States, Aerosmith is the bestselling American group and the bestselling American hard rock band ever.

NEXT!

mic-drop-captain-obvious.gif

Last edited:
From the Recording Industry Association of America, Aerosmith has achieved 25 gold, 18 platinum, and 12 multi-platinum album certifications, in addition to one diamond album and four gold singles. With 150 million albums sold worldwide and 66.5 million in the United States, Aerosmith is the bestselling American group and the bestselling American hard rock band ever.

Slow news day when we debate like teenagers who the best rock band is.

Slow news day when we debate like teenagers who the best rock band is.

We know that PRIMAVERA's fandom for AEROSMITH drastically changed when Steven Tyler sent a Cease and Desist letter to Donald Trump asking him to not use Aerosmith songs at his rallies anymore.

And, he asked him as a personal friend!

rs-212565-GettyImages-454604916.jpg

This is just the usual and typical "Cancel Culture" of the TRUMPTARDS!

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...letter-for-playing-aerosmith-at-rally-714395/

Last edited:
We know that PRIMAVERA's fandom for AEROSMITH drastically changed when Steven Tyler sent a Cease and Desist letter to Donald Trump asking him to not use iAerosmith songs at his rallies anymore.

Aerosmith sucks. There, that's my teenager response.

We know that PRIMAVERA's fandom for AEROSMITH drastically changed when Steven Tyler sent a Cease and Desist letter to Donald Trump asking him to not use Aerosmith songs at his rallies anymore.

And, he asked him as a personal friend!

rs-212565-GettyImages-454604916.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...letter-for-playing-aerosmith-at-rally-714395/

Notice how the band needs to be reminded what city they are in before they go onstage.

Back