A'ight! Who has Bumperstickers?

1) Good to know you don't hog the left lane. That was going to be the end of our friendship!:clink:

2) 65 - 70?! On the highway? That's just ridiculous.

Side note: the only time I've ever had an accident was when I was on the highway, going under the speed limit, in the far right lane in the rain. Jersey drivers sense fear and will cut you off accordingly.

Really, you think doing 65 – 70 on the highway in the right or middle lane, when the state speed limit is 55, is ridiculous? Well, I guess that as I have gotten older, I have realized that I could die in a car accident. And it’s not a very pleasant way to go. When I was younger I used to speed a lot more. I’m not sure what changed me, but it could be when a woman was driving to work on the LIE, and she hit a gas tanker, and she burned to death, while she alive and conscious. Other drivers tried to get her out of the car, but her seat belt had jammed and she burned to death on a weekday morning, driving to work. Boy was that seared into my mind, seriously. I thought, hey, you can me strapped into your car and burned alive on your way to work! I think it woke me up about a few things.

There are times when I am an asshole on the road. But I am usually very polite. If someone signals, I will always let them over or into traffic. But those jerks who want to intimidate their way over into another lane will not be accomodated. I also don't respond well to tailgating and (especially) to flashing your lights when I am going with the flow of traffic.

I drive a good bit in Atlanta. According to a recent study, we are only behind LA in terms of traffic congestion. So when some jerk flies up and starts flashing his lights and honking his horn for me to move over (usually all the lanes are full) and the traffic in front of me is going the same speed I am, I have no patience with them. I have been known to tap my flashers just to startle them. (for a second they think the brake lights are coming on)

I do not drive in an agressive manner, I have only had one ticket and no accidents since 1992. But I am not going to let some road hog decide how I drive and when I change lanes.

I do have two bumper stickers:

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is silver"
"I don't have a licence to kill but I do have a learners permit"

They seem to be pretty good in the Dallas area, but out here, where it's traditionally rural, a lot of people simply don't know the rules of the road and it can be very frustrating! Most are courteous if they think of it, but there are also a few unnecessarily aggressive drivers who can create problems for everyone else. The pulling over to the side thing happens only out of town and is performed by tractors going to one or another field. I've never seen passenger vehicles do that.

I worked in auto insurance ( I like to say "in a previous life") for a few years, and learned how a tiny mistake or distraction can have horrendous consequences. Also, in Ontario, defensive driving tips are given regularly as PSAs in the mainstream media, especially TV. I'm sure that has helped to shape my driving habits.

The absolutely worst place I've ever driven was Orlando FL. Probably because nearly everybody was a tourist, and many had no idea where they were going but they were going to get there first anyway. Especially if they could cut you off to do it.

I drove from San Antonio to Piedras Negras and pretty much everyone that I came behind, pulled over and let me through. When someone came from behind, me I did the same. Of course the traffic patterns are very different, but it was still cool.

Really, you think doing 65 – 70 on the highway in the right or middle lane, when the state speed limit is 55, is ridiculous? Well, I guess that as I have gotten older, I have realized that I could die in a car accident. And it’s not a very pleasant way to go. When I was younger I used to speed a lot more. I’m not sure what changed me, but it could be when a woman was driving to work on the LIE, and she hit a gas tanker, and she burned to death, while she alive and conscious. Other drivers tried to get her out of the car, but her seat belt had jammed and she burned to death on a weekday morning, driving to work. Boy was that seared into my mind, seriously. I thought, hey, you can me strapped into your car and burned alive on your way to work! I think it woke me up about a few things.

Yeah, that would definitely suck. On Jersey highways, the speed limit is 65. I definitely feel like I'm going slow doing 65.

There are times when I am an asshole on the road. But I am usually very polite. If someone signals, I will always let them over or into traffic. But those jerks who want to intimidate their way over into another lane will not be accomodated. I also don't respond well to tailgating and (especially) to flashing your lights when I am going with the flow of traffic.

I drive a good bit in Atlanta. According to a recent study, we are only behind LA in terms of traffic congestion. So when some jerk flies up and starts flashing his lights and honking his horn for me to move over (usually all the lanes are full) and the traffic in front of me is going the same speed I am, I have no patience with them. I have been known to tap my flashers just to startle them. (for a second they think the brake lights are coming on)

I do not drive in an agressive manner, I have only had one ticket and no accidents since 1992. But I am not going to let some road hog decide how I drive and when I change lanes.

I do have two bumper stickers:

"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is silver"
"I don't have a licence to kill but I do have a learners permit"

Well, you are 6’2 and have a shaved head, am I correct, or confusing you with somebody else? If so, you likely can do whatever you want to in response to the aggressive tailgaters and lane changers. Most of them are Topper-like; short, tooling around in an over-priced car and sporting a fake tan.

Well, you are 6’2 and have a shaved head, am I correct, or confusing you with somebody else? If so, you likely can do whatever you want to in response to the aggressive tailgaters and lane changers. Most of them are Topper-like; short, tooling around in an over-priced car and sporting a fake tan.

Yep, thats me. It also doesn't hurt that I am driving a bigger vehicle (GMC Yukon). But I am always amused when one of the little Hondas that have been tricked out, Fast & Furious style,are trying to intimidate me from behind.

And to whoever said she should get out of the way, changing lanes is not any safer than keeping the hotrod penned up. In fact, changing lanes is when a lot of accidents happen.

Yeah, that would definitely suck. On Jersey highways, the speed limit is 65. I definitely feel like I'm going slow doing 65.

Oh, I forgot that it’s 65 on the Jersey Turnpike. I think we always have a tendency to do a good ten miles above the limit, and still feel as if we are doing the limit. (and cops don’t pull you over for 10 miles above, at least not here) That was one argument against raising the NY speed limit to 65. Everyone would think that meant you can do 75.

In the Seattle area, highways are only 45. Freeways are 60-65 and at some spots along I-5 (WA and OR) it is 70 (60 for truckers).

Oh, I forgot that it’s 65 on the Jersey Turnpike. I think we always have a tendency to do a good ten miles above the limit, and still feel as if we are doing the limit. (and cops don’t pull you over for 10 miles above, at least not here) That was one argument against raising the NY speed limit to 65. Everyone would think that meant you can do 75.

You'd think. One of my little brothers got pulled over for doing 38 or 39 in a 35.

A lot of the township cops around us are pricks.

I think you're right about the 10mph rule though. State troopers don't usually pull you over for doing 10 over.

You'd think. One of my little brothers got pulled over for doing 38 or 39 in a 35.

A lot of the township cops around us are pricks.

I think you're right about the 10mph rule though. State troopers don't usually pull you over for doing 10 over.

Oh yeah, the town cops, forget about it, I didn't mean them. It was thanks to those f'ers that I lost my license when I was 22.

I have no bumper stickers or anything else on my car not required by law.
Just a loose nut holding the steering wheel.

I have no bumper stickers or anything else on my car not required by law.
Just a loose nut holding the steering wheel.

I'm thinking about getting some truck nuts

LOL, actually I should put them on my boyfriends new SUV and see how long it takes him to notice them!

Tomorrow i go to court for doing 62 in a 50mph stretch of a 2lane highway that is mostly 65mph. the prick pulled over 3 cars at once and said i was on radar. Usually i get a warning but i was coming home in the am (since i wanted to not be driving drunk) from a concert and prob looked more punkish then my normal brooks brothers look.

My tacoma has a pats sticker on one side of the sliding rear window and a sox sticker on the other side but i dont drive it much.

Back