Al Qaeda in Iraq followers told to kill 'at least one American'

Fox News: video of a few palestinians.

Colin Powell: U.S. consulate swamped by phone calls.

As a reasonable person, you can figure out which is more.
No, you can't. Wasn't Powell the same guy that gave that report to the UN? Plus, once again, it wasn't just Fox that reported it...

No, you can't. Wasn't Powell the same guy that gave that report to the UN? Plus, once again, it wasn't just Fox that reported it...

OK, now you're just being devil's advocate.

I know in your heart, that you recognize I've provided more than enough facts to debunk your assertion that "the arab street" was rejoicing in the 9/11 attacks.

OK, now you're just being devil's advocate.

I know in your heart, that you recognize I've provided more than enough facts to debunk your assertion that "the arab street" was rejoicing in the 9/11 attacks.
I believe that such spontaneous reaction shows that far more of them are happy to see it than we are willing to admit.

That there were so many calls is a good thing as well, but ignoring the large numbers that must exist to have such a large spontaneous display (yes even that "handful" is quite large for a spontaneous, rather than planned, scene).

I believe that such spontaneous reaction shows that far more of them are happy to see it than we are willing to admit.

That there were so many calls is a good thing as well, but ignoring the large numbers that must exist to have such a large spontaneous display (yes even that "handful" is quite large for a spontaneous, rather than planned, scene).

There's no doubt there are assholes in the arab world. And I have no doubt that millions of arabs support al qaeda's general goals - if not their methodology of mass murder.

That said, there's over a billion muslims on the planet. I never saw any public rejoicing, except for some video footage of a few people in the palestinain territories.

I didn't see any from Egypt, for Iran, from Indonesia, from Morroco, from Syria, from Libya, etc, etc, etc, etc.

There's no doubt there are assholes in the arab world. And I have no doubt that millions of arabs support al qaeda's general goals - if not their methodology of mass murder.

That said, there's over a billion muslims on the planet. I never saw any public rejoicing, except for some video footage of a few people in the palestinain territories.

I didn't see any from Egypt, for Iran, from Indonesia, from Morroco, from Syria, from Libya, etc, etc, etc, etc.
There were quite a few reports about the internet boards erupting with celebration and other evidence. I haven't the heart to keep it going now that I've been outted though...

There were quite a few reports about the internet boards erupting with celebration and other evidence. I haven't the heart to keep it going now that I've been outted though...

LOL

Oh that. Internet boards.

Hell, I've seen americans on interent boards call for the nuking of the arab world, and paving it over into a parking lot. I don't think that represents most americans. ;)

LOL

Oh that. Internet boards.

Hell, I've seen americans on interent boards call for the nuking of the arab world, and paving it over into a parking lot. I don't think that represents most americans. ;)

It was an altoghether too high of a number a couple of years ago. About 3 out of 4 at the local country store/hangout. Not much out of them lately though ;)
Kill em all and let god sort em out was the mantra around here for a while. Even saw some bumper stickers to that effect....

Back