American woman reveals the 23 reasons why British are better than Americans

Not many people know Cardiff Bay as Tiger Bay anymore. Nice job!

Tiger Bay was the area where the Senedd/Assembly now is, not Cardiff as a whole. I used to drink down there occasionally with Somalis who didn't know the Prophet was against it, like all my great-aunts. Incidentally, they eat lavabread in Bristol too, though they call it laver.

Me and relatives in Canada, Belarus, and Russia generally have the tact to not crow to each other about how our respective countries might be superior. Don't think I'd ever go on a UK internet forum and run my mouth about how USA is superior. But it doesn't bother me if others don't practice that level of tact and class.

I would actually love to visit the UK, and there are a lot of things I admire about the English, Scots, and Welsh. I recently watched a video lecture series about the history of England, from Roman times up to through the Tudor era...and I loved every minute of it. English history has so much more depth and texture than what passes for American "history".

Love the fish and chips, and the pub culture too!

Well, fair play now, we admire lots of stuff about the 'States, and the last thing I'd ever do is start a thread in praise of my own culture - fortunately we know it's superior and don't need to boast. I just join in when people are being rude, because I like a punch-up. Never met an American I didn't like, incidentally - what bothers me are all those mad brothers they keep in the cellar with computers!

Me and relatives in Canada, Belarus, and Russia generally have the tact to not crow to each other about how our respective countries might be superior. Don't think I'd ever go on a UK internet forum and run my mouth about how USA is superior. But it doesn't bother me if others don't practice that level of tact and class.

I would actually love to visit the UK, and there are a lot of things I admire about the English, Scots, and Welsh. I recently watched a video lecture series about the history of England, from Roman times up to through the Tudor era...and I loved every minute of it. English history has so much more depth and texture than what passes for American "history".

Love the fish and chips, and the pub culture too!

It was a Californian woman who drew up that list ffs!!

Sent from my iPhone 25 GT Turbo

14. They produced Adele, David Bowie, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Coldplay, Radiohead, Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Smiths, The Libertines, The Who? (The British), The Faces, The Waterboys, The Buzzcocks, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Zombies, The Slits, The Stone Roses, The Cure, The Darkness while we didn't.
Yeah and Oasis is from there too. You know the saying... " one bad apple..."
23. The English accent is more attractive than the American accent. This is just an indisputable fact of nature.
She must never have heard a Cockney accent.

Back