an eternity of blackness and emptiness awaits us all.

Where you three turds live the best pickup line: Nice TOOTH. WE don't eat squirrel and possum here.

Where you three turds live the best pickup line: Nice TOOTH. WE don't eat squirrel and possum here.

Yes, metropolises such as Boston, Seattle, and Detroit pale in comparison to the shining glory of Buffalo, a city so unforgettable (aside from it's extreme shittiness) it strains credulity.

Detroit has the same problems as Buffalo, only worse. If you weren't such an asshole we could discuss why. I am sure you wouldn't define Detroit by it's inner city.

Well, to be technical it's the outer city with Detroit. But Detroit also has something Buffalo has never, and will never, have; RELEVANCE. True, my great city has fallen quite far (and perhaps still has further to go) but we have historical and cultural relevance, something Buffalo can never even hope for. The moment I pissed on the building should be entered into the historical record as the greatest moment in the history of that whole county, and a statue should be built in my honor for it.

Well, to be technical it's the outer city with Detroit. But Detroit also has something Buffalo has never, and will never, have; RELEVANCE. True, my great city has fallen quite far (and perhaps still has further to go) but we have historical and cultural relevance, something Buffalo can never even hope for. The moment I pissed on the building should be entered into the historical record as the greatest moment in the history of that whole county, and a statue should be built in my honor for it.

You are showing your massive ignorance and lack of any knowledge of history. And there is no excuse, because Detroit is also on the Great Lakes. At one time Buffalo was the MOST relevant city on the Great Lakes.

Originally called Queen City for being the largest and most prosperous city along the Great Lakes in the end of the 1800's to the beginning of the 1900's, it was at one point the second largest trade port in the North after NYC.

Buffalo is known as the "Queen City of the Great Lakes" (with Chicago being the King).

I am sick of Buffalo being the brunt of 'jokes'.

Good thing you don't live in Cleveland...or Detroit.

EDIT: in all seriousness...upstate NY is really pretty country. Cities to me are pretty much all the same. I like Pittsburgh....but just because I know it a little bit from going to Steelers games. I like country living.

Last edited:
Good thing you don't live in Cleveland...or Detroit

They are both great cities. Cleveland is a sister city. Detroit better be aware of Buffalo. Terry Pegula who bought the Sabres NHL team is turning Buffalo into the hockey capital of America. Hockey Town may be moving to a new locale.

They are both great cities. Cleveland is a sister city. Detroit better be aware of Buffalo. Terry Pegula who bought the Sabres NHL team is turning Buffalo into the hockey capital of America. Hockey Town may be moving to a new locale.

Actually, I was referring to the joke thing.

I speculate.....are Buffalo and Detroit what they are because of their proximity to Canada?......

No...I don't think that's it...I think it's the Great Lakes connection more than anything. It was the most efficient way to transport goods before air power...then when Eisenhower got funding for the St. Lawrence Seaway, it opened up the Atlantic to the Great Lakes too.

Back