Annoying Linguistic Infliction

People who leave off the second syllable when saying "probably." It's probly congenital.

People who use "I" rather than "me" when it's inappropriate, most often in the objective and dative cases. Nearly half of all Americans would say "AssHat's really going off on Cypress and I today" when it should actually be "AssHat's really going off on Cypress and me today."

People who accept the "betrayal as enlightened inevitability" meme really tick be off.

Darn you guys and your pictures, now I have no appetite for breakfast....
Not only that but they're buggin'. If they're iterating voluptuous women of the British persuasion, how could they miss Lucy Pinder?
lucypinder.jpg

Use the little picture box at the top of your reply box, it looks like mountains.

Put in the link to your picture, and viola!

Damo your post reminded me: people who don't understand the origin of the word and say "walla!" for "Voila". In French, Voila is comprised to two words, "voir", or "to see", and "la`" (couldn't get the accent over the a), or "there".

More: People whose vocabularly is clearly deficient, who say "he goes" for "he says" and "he's all" usually followed by some gesture, to describe a reply or a condition. These generally are the people who also use "like" about fifty times in a sentence.

People who say "thee" (long e) before all words, and especially before names of things, irrespective of the beginning letter of the following word. Articles are supposed to provide a mildly descriptive (definite or indefinite) lead-in to a noun and in speech it should be as indistinguishable as possible. Short "e" before any word that begins with a consonant and long "e" before any word that begins with a vowel or vowel sound. "A" (long a) is not a word.

Back