Annoying Linguistic Infliction

kelly-brook1.jpg

Nobody thinks a girls hot until she's half naked, posed melodramatically, with an airbrusher, and has too much make up on.

Trog, do you have any idea how seriously I doubt that "The girl who just walked down the hall" is hotter than the women who's been voted sexiest women in the world by FHM for several consecutive years?
I don't read FHM, care to read FHM, or care what "they" think. Yes, Kelly rates very high on the willingness to show a tit scale, so I guess she wins over the hearts of fixated little boys all a twitter about seeing a boob.

Whatever, man.

I don't read FHM, care to read FHM, or care what "they" think. Yes, Kelly rates very high on the willingness to show a tit scale, so I guess she wins over the hearts of fixated little boys all a twitter about seeing a boob.

Whatever, man.

Fucking dousche. Go shoot yourself and make the world a better place.

Old Today, 10:02 PM
Remove user from ignore list
Troglodyte27
This message is hidden because Troglodyte27 is on your ignore list.
View Post Old Today, 10:07 PM
Remove user from ignore list
Troglodyte27
This message is hidden because Troglodyte27 is on your ignore list.

Annoying linguistic habit is the "glottal stop."

Which is - at least to my ear - becoming increasingly frequent in places where it's not usually heard (outside of East London or Sarf London I mean). Another one that comes to mind (or ear) is what I think is now called Estuarine English and it's replaced "good" with something that sounds like "guud". I know that doesn't transliterate well but instead of the long "oo" sound in standard English "good" it's a brief blurt, almost like German "guten" but only the first syllabic sound.

Another one that comes to mind (or ear) is what I think is now called Estuarine English and it's replaced "good" with something that sounds like "guud". I know that doesn't transliterate well but instead of the long "oo" sound in standard English "good" it's a brief blurt, almost like German "guten" but only the first syllabic sound.

That's how i pronounce good (as "gud"), but it's less an adoption of estuary English as traditional English language. Northerners actually speak 'proper' English rather than the pansified imported Norman-French pronunciations. Northern English is much more akin to it's Germanic roots. And it sounds harder.

I know what you mean about estuary English though.

That's how i pronounce good (as "gud"), but it's less an adoption of estuary English as traditional English language. Northerners actually speak 'proper' English rather than the pansified imported Norman-French pronunciations. Northern English is much more akin to it's Germanic roots. And it sounds harder.

I know what you mean about estuary English though.

I used to work with a bloke from Nottinghamshire, he studied Old and Middle English as a hobby and used to crack us up with his rendition of language. Interesting point about pronunciation. I'm thinking north-east rather than north-west in terms of accent. Lancs and especially Liverpool are, I think, slightly harsher sounding than the north-east (allowing for the big differences in Yorks and the Geordies of course). I was watching tv and one of our broadcasters here was showing the History of English (probably showed over there years ago) but it was fascinating to hear the Midlands accent (not so much Brum as Staffs) and the interpretation by an actor who was reading Shakespeare in the accent Shakespeare may well have used being as he was born in Stratford. Fascinating regional differences.

Back