Another nanny state failure!

I am sorry, what about those on the school lunch program, most of those children have a hard time in school as it is, now we are going to serve something that they don't like, and in many cases isn't enough, and make it harder?

Here Supercandy, this is what I am referring to.

650 calories for one meal for the age group we are discussing is enough...

This is why liberals are so detrimental to society. They think they know better to make personal choices that the individuals themselves. When I was that age, if I was limited to 650 calories during lunch, I would have passed out from hunger most afternoons.

So, how do you feel about food stamps? should people be able to buy anything they want? I assume you do.

Regardless of what we serve, some child won't like it. If we serve unhealthy food, they won't do well in class either - they will have sugar crash and whatnot, not be able to focus.

We need to pick something to serve them; healthy food is better than unhealthy.

Or do you want to give them cash and send them out to a fast food restaurant for lunch?

Or do you just want to argue against whatever some of us are for?

I think food stamps are a good thing to get people through tough times, but it shouldn't be a lifestyle, but with Obama it has become a badge of honor, since so many more are receiving them. Back to the lunches, it's not just that it doesn't taste good it isn't filling kids up, leaving many hungry.

They aren't eating it is the reason, it doesn't have anything to do with portions or calories.

B.s my son ate the school lunches last year, and said it wasn't enough, and he eats healthy he is an all natural bodybuilder. My youngest who will eat anything said the same, and yes we paid for them.

B.s my son ate the school lunches last year, and said it wasn't enough, and he eats healthy he is an all natural bodybuilder. My youngest who will eat anything said the same, and yes we paid for them.

Then you probably need to send some extra food with them if they eat more than the average kid. Schools can't really do more or less food based on the kid.

This is why liberals are so detrimental to society. They think they know better to make personal choices that the individuals themselves. When I was that age, if I was limited to 650 calories during lunch, I would have passed out from hunger most afternoons.

The govt. did not say they are only allowed 650 calories at lunch, they simply are saying that they are only GIVING them 650 calories for lunch.

So send him in with a sandwich, don't be so dependent on the Government. .

So send him in with a sandwich, don't be so dependent on the Government. .

Patriot must not believe in personal responsibility.

I remember running home from school starving, and I went to a private school where seconds were allowed. It is the reason many teachers ask parents to supply snacks for students, at least in Alaska schools. One of the high school math teachers use to supply breakfast cereal for students who didn't eat breakfast before his 8 am math class.

I used to take a snack for after school because I needed it before I got home. We had vending machines also and so if I had change I would use that.

The govt. did not say they are only allowed 650 calories at lunch, they simply are saying that they are only GIVING them 650 calories for lunch.

So athletic kids have to buy two lunches. Nice job there encouraging kids to be active...

Patriot must not believe in personal responsibility.

I remember running home from school starving, and I went to a private school where seconds were allowed. It is the reason many teachers ask parents to supply snacks for students, at least in Alaska schools. One of the high school math teachers use to supply breakfast cereal for students who didn't eat breakfast before his 8 am math class.

read #53

Never taken a dime from them, even when we qualified! thanks

That's not the point, you don't like what you get for the price. If that's the case, you are not dependent on them, pack your own lunch. If I don't like how much I get from McDonalds I simply get food from elsewhere.

Then you probably need to send some extra food with them if they eat more than the average kid. Schools can't really do more or less food based on the kid.

No SHIT!

If his kid isn't getting enough to eat then it's his responsibility to send more food or send extra money to buy the extras his kids need.

P66 is bound and determined he's going to whine about what schools serve at lunch and by GOD nobody is going to throw a roadblock in his way!

P66 is bound and determined he's going to whine about what schools serve at lunch and by GOD nobody is going to throw a roadblock in his way!

That's basically it. If schools served hamburgers & fries & shakes he'd complain they should serve healthy stuff. But now that they're serving healthy stuff, he's complaining about that. AND blaming it all on Michelle Obama is just a bonus in his world.

That's basically it. If schools served hamburgers & fries & shakes he'd complain they should serve healthy stuff. But now that they're serving healthy stuff, he's complaining about that. AND blaming it all on Michelle Obama is just a bonus in his world.

EXACTLY!

If it was all hamburgers, fries and shakes for lunch at schools, he'd be quoting stats regarding how fat our children are today and how it's all public school's fault for serving such crap.

I always loved liver. I cooked 5 lbs of beef liver and 10 grapefruit sized onions, some green beans and made a salad a few weeks back. I invited some family and friends over....not a scrap was left. It was Brussels sprouts that I hated, and egg plant, boiled squash... Yep, that brings back nasty memories. ;)

My mom cooked liver with onions and I didn't hate it but don't cook it for my family. Her thing was always calf liver for some reason, not beef liver.

Back