Another nanny state failure!

You know what? I remember those days too. The kids got free lunch tickets...but in my house? Dad was a unionized Steelworker and Mom was an RN working at a State Hospital for the criminally insane....I am THANKFUL that they could afford the $1/day for my lunches. I NEVER considered the parents of the kids that got the tickets "failures". Guess that says a hell of a lot more about YOU than it does about them.

God bless your mom. That has to be one of the hardest and scariest jobs in the world.

According to mom: it's good, wholesome food and it improves your blood. (Don't ask, I certainly don't know.)

It is actually really good for you... very high in protein as Billy pointed out... but I would rather get protein from another source as you had to crush the liver with another flavor (onion, BBQ sauce, etc...) and texture to eat it (IMO)

I think food stamps are a good thing to get people through tough times, but it shouldn't be a lifestyle, but with Obama it has become a badge of honor, since so many more are receiving them. Back to the lunches, it's not just that it doesn't taste good it isn't filling kids up, leaving many hungry.

More people are using them because the economy tanked. Saying it's a badge of honor is just nasty.

Back