Any one interested in playing chess here

why is chat disabled?

Play some games
Chat will be disabled until you've played 10 games. This is to prevent people who will create accounts simply to post ad links or harass others. We want to make sure you're here to play chess! After you've played 10 games of any kind, chat will be unlocked.

A game a day = 9 more days? Maybe two if we start before Happy Hour....or during. I like the 10 minute game.

Excluding draws to which I almost never stipulated, my chess record is 12,250 wins and 588 losses.

That 95% winning percentage would likely be somewhat lower if I had continued to play into my later years.

Eventually, the human body diminishes both physically and mentally. Unless you get hit by a bus when you're thirty.

Okay. Go.

Adolf-Hitler-London-blitz-793037.jpg

Okay. Go.

I am not a fan of fast chess. I like to take time and think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_chess

Fast chess is a type of chess in which each player is given less time to consider their moves than normal tournament time controls allow. Fast chess is further subdivided, by decreasing time controls, into rapid chess, blitz chess, and bullet chess. Armageddon chess is a particular variation in which different rules apply for each of the two players.

The 2019 world rapid chess and blitz chess champion is Magnus Carlsen from Norway, who is also the classical chess world champion. Koneru Humpy from India is the 2019 women's world rapid champion, and Kateryna Lagno from Russia is the 2019 women's world blitz champion.

Blitz
Time controls for each player in a game of blitz chess are, according to FIDE, 10 minutes or less per player.[3] This can be played with or without an increment or delay per move—a more recent development due to the influx of digital clocks. Three minutes with a two-second increment is preferred. In the case of time increments, the total time per player for a 60-move game must be 10 minutes or less (hence averaging 10 seconds or less per move).[3]

For the FIDE World Blitz Championship, each player has 3 minutes plus 2 additional seconds per move, starting from move 1.[6]

A Blitz chess game is under 1 minute I believe. You have to rush it. No thinking. Want another 10 minutes chess game?

Love to but can't focus now. I do like the 10 minute game. If you see me online tomorrow morning at coffee time or during the day, I'll let you beat me again. :D

Does the 10 game limit apply to Blitz?

Back