Anyone here smoke cigars?

Socrtease

Verified User
Lets talk about good ones, bad ones and the ones in between.

I got a three box humidor for christmas with about 300 dollars worth of cigars in it. The best of the lot were the Gurkhas and the Fuente Rothschild Sun Grown.

We have a big-box discount store chain here called "JR's" that have cigar shops in them. The shops are about 2500 square feet humidors. Although I haven't been there its like walking into Cuba circa 1950. There is a central glass display/ cashiers island staffed by middle aged women, at least one of which is smoking a cigar at any one time. There must be 50 brands with 3' wide displays and all sizes, and you can buy individual cigars. Around the perimeter there are boxes of the same cigars cataloged by number. If y'all travelling on I77 near Statesville, or I-40 near Burlington, I recommend that you stop in to experience this.

I like Autero Fuentes, Partagas, or Onyx; the darker the better; not too long, about as fat as my index finger.

I don't buy Cuban cigars out of respect for the US embargo.

Last edited:
--------snipped out of sheer boredom-----.

Everytime I see your name it reminds me of the redneck rockadummy classic Sweet Home Alabama:

"Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
a southern man don't need him around anyhow"

Which then puts me in mind of Warren Zevon, who I think did it better:

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play that dead band's song
Turn those speakers up full blast
Play it all night long

Daddy's doing Sister Sally
Grandma's dying of cancer now
The cattle all have brucellosis
We'll get through somehow

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play it all night long

I'm going down to the Dew Drop Inn
See if I can drink enough
There ain't much to country living
Sweat, piss, jizz and blood

"Sweet home Alabama"
Play it all night long

If I've gotten under your skin then I've done my job. For it to happen so quickly shows that you are weaker than most.

Where's the love, darlin'?:D

If I've gotten under your skin then I've done my job. For it to happen so quickly shows that you are weaker than most.

Where's the love, darlin'?:D

Oh Lord help us...another old fart con man trolling the internets looking for love.

Don't they have a home to keep you fools in yet?

We have a big-box discount store chain here called "JR's" that have cigar shops in them. The shops are about 2500 square feet humidors. Although I haven't been there its like walking into Cuba circa 1950. There is a central glass display/ cashiers island staffed by middle aged women, at least one of which is smoking a cigar at any one time. There must be 50 brands with 3' wide displays and all sizes, and you can buy individual cigars. Around the perimeter there are boxes of the same cigars cataloged by number. If y'all travelling on I77 near Statesville, or I-40 near Burlington, I recommend that you stop in to experience this.

I like Autero Fuentes, Partagas, or Onyx; the darker the better; not too long, about as fat as my index finger.

I don't buy Cuban cigars out of respect for the US embargo.

Why would anyone "respect" the idioicy and small mindedness of the embargo? If our nation were killing Jews would you "respect" the policy by mindlessly handing over any Jew you found?

Why would anyone "respect" the idioicy and small mindedness of the embargo? If our nation were killing Jews would you "respect" the policy by mindlessly handing over any Jew you found?

I don't understand your analogy. Killing innocent people is wrong; fighting communisim is right.

Love JR's! went to one in St Louis in 98. I was in heaven. I too am a maduro cigar man Southern. My favorite right now is the Gurkha crate packed. 50 cigars made of great aged tobacco and rolled in a chocolate brown wrapper. Mmmmm the sweet taste of well aged well constructed tobacco.

Cuban Monte Cristos are the best cigars on Earth. Bar none.
Don't believe the hype. Punch Double Coronas are everybit as good as the #2 and the Cohiba Esplendido. THe Punch DC really needs to be enjoyed when you have nothing else going on to distract you from the cigar. That said the MC #2 is one of the top five cigars in the world.

The Surgeon General tells me that you will go to Secular Hell for smoking Cigars.

The Surgeon General tells me that you will go to Secular Hell for smoking Cigars.

2007-06-13RushLimbaugh.jpg

Back