Anyone here smoke cigars?

Cuban...aren't they supposed to be the top of the line? They were just as nasty as the low brands...imho!:eek:
Most say that they are, but I think that's a romantic notion. In reality the Connecticut Valley grows the best wrapper tobacco, which cannot be legally sold to Cuba. Then there are many locations with similar or better growing conditions than Cuba for filler. Third, private enterprise always makes a better product than a government controlled entity. Fourth, most of the better manufacturs in Cuba left with seed and expertise before Castro took over.

But if you don't smoke them, I imagine even the finest cigar would stink! :)

Most say that they are, but I think that's a romantic notion. In reality the Connecticut Valley grows the best wrapper tobacco, which cannot be legally sold to Cuba. Then there are many locations with similar or better growing conditions than Cuba for filler. Third, private enterprise always makes a better product than a government controlled entity. Fourth, most of the better manufacturs in Cuba left with seed and expertise before Castro took over.

Umm that would depend on what you do with the cigars besides smoking them.
Considering your being a rightie, I don't even want to know what you do with them.

You are more than correct southern, Connecticut grows some of the finest wrapper tobacco in the whole big wide world, BUT in blind tastings Cubans repeatedly score in the top 25 of all cigars made in the world. It is the same reason that champagne is ONLY truely grown in that region of france and why world class wines are only grown in very few regions of the world. It has to do with soil, and climate and humidity and hours of sun per day and all sorts of other things you would have to talk to a tobacco farmer about. As Rush said there are some things even communists can't screw up. Cigars is the one thing that the cubans got right.

You are more than correct southern, Connecticut grows some of the finest wrapper tobacco in the whole big wide world, BUT in blind tastings Cubans repeatedly score in the top 25 of all cigars made in the world. It is the same reason that champagne is ONLY truely grown in that region of france and why world class wines are only grown in very few regions of the world. It has to do with soil, and climate and humidity and hours of sun per day and all sorts of other things you would have to talk to a tobacco farmer about. As Rush said there are some things even communists can't screw up. Cigars is the one thing that the cubans got right.

Until the mbargo's lifted I'll have to take your word.

ACtually to be totally honest I have smoked Cubans given to me by friends. It would be impolite to refuse a gift, after all. But this same guy doesn't maintain his humidor so I might just as well have been smoking a dried up old turd.

Now I can relate...I like all cute girls...no matter the tan lines...cigars I will leave to y'all Southern Gentlemen...blow smoke with Billy Bob...personally I will use what God Gave me...:cof1:

The most beautiful woman I ever personally knew had skin the color of French Roast coffee, and the voluptuous body of her west African heritage. The most beautiful actress, in my opinion, is Nicole Kidman, with her stark white skin and tall, slender figure. The woman I married, a beauty in her own right, broke her nose in high school, giving her a striking profile, especially when wearing a hat!

Ahhh.............

The most beautiful woman I ever personally knew had skin the color of French Roast coffee, and the voluptuous body of her west African heritage. The most beautiful actress, in my opinion, is Nicole Kidman, with her stark white skin and tall, slender figure. The woman I married, a beauty in her own right, broke her nose in high school, giving her a striking profile, especially when wearing a hat!

ya are the man...the wife will reward you kindly tonight...:cof1:

BSA outing...?

I wish. But I'll be on the road on a BSA outing.

Cool bike 650 twin...akin to the Triumph 650 twin both bikes of my youth...they rocked mo betta than the Honda childs toys...good in the dirt as well as the street...! Damn I long for the Oldies days when all was normal...!:clink:

Back