Anyone here tried Popeye's chicken sandwich?

Just wondering. Someone got killed in MD over one last night and the one near me had cars lined up down the road.

Is it really that good?

They used to sell them back in the 80's.

Once in awhile, they'd put out BOGO coupons, so I'd get their twofer deal.

I remember them being quite good!!!

Skip Popeye's...I posted the recipe so that you can try it at home....It's very good...
If you missed it, I'll send it to you....:)

I've found that in most cases, you can't make any of that kind of food at home as cheaply as you can just buy it at the restaurant.

Too much work and mess to clean up making fried chicken at home, too.

They used to sell them back in the 80's.

Once in awhile, they'd put out BOGO coupons, so I'd get their twofer deal.

I remember them being quite good!!!

I call BS, unless you can show proof.

For the first time in 47 years, Popeyes restaurants will put this on the menu

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchens have been frying up pieces of chicken since the restaurant chain was born in New Orleans in 1972.

For years, they’ve also been selling chicken tenders. And boneless wings.

But, surprisingly, there’s never been a chicken sandwich.

Until now

Starting Monday, Aug. 12, all of the company’s restaurants will start serving a buttermilk-battered, hand-breaded white meat chicken filet sandwich, which comes with your choice of spicy Cajun spread or mayonnaise plus barrel-cured pickles on a buttered, toasted brioche bun.

Popeyes is calling this the biggest addition to the menu since they introduced buttermilk biscuits 30 years ago.

The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich will make an early debut this week at Sweet Dixie Kitchen in Long Beach.

862b9e088b6ce54543aeacd07cff394d.jpg

I call BS, unless you can show proof.

For the first time in 47 years, Popeyes restaurants will put this on the menu

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchens have been frying up pieces of chicken since the restaurant chain was born in New Orleans in 1972.

For years, they’ve also been selling chicken tenders. And boneless wings.

Until now

Starting Monday, Aug. 12, all of the company’s restaurants will start serving a buttermilk-battered, hand-breaded white meat chicken filet sandwich, which comes with your choice of spicy Cajun spread or mayonnaise plus barrel-cured pickles on a buttered, toasted brioche bun.

Popeyes is calling this the biggest addition to the menu since they introduced buttermilk biscuits 30 years ago.

The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich will make an early debut this week at Sweet Dixie Kitchen in Long Beach.

862b9e088b6ce54543aeacd07cff394d.jpg

IDGAF what you call or what you do or do not believe.

Sometime around the mid 1980's for awhile, Popeye's had a spicy chicken sandwich that had a big boneless chicken breast battered with the same spicy batter they put on their regular chicken. It came with lettuce, tomato and mayo and it was awesome. I kept my eye out for BOGO coupons and had the 2-4-1 deals about three times over a period of a few months before they discontinued them.

I even remember the Popeye's restaurant I ate them at, which I'm pretty sure is still there.

And no, I don't still have the receipts dated from 34 years ago.

But it certainly is funny how you've suddenly chosen to believe what you see and hear in the media.

Sometime around the mid 1980's for awhile, Popeye's had a spicy chicken sandwich that had a big boneless chicken breast battered with the same spicy batter they put on their regular chicken. It came with lettuce, tomato and mayo and it was awesome. I kept my eye out for BOGO coupons and had the 2-4-1 deals about three times over a period of a few months before they discontinued them.

I even remember the Popeye's restaurant I ate them at, which I'm pretty sure is still there.

But it certainly is funny how you've suddenly chosen to believe what you see and hear in the media.
Yep, I recall something like that at Popeyes too.

The only fried chicken fast food sandwich I've ever had is the Wendy's spicy chicken and it was good. Never tried Chik fil-A, only their grilled.

Yep, I recall something like that at Popeyes too.

The only fried chicken fast food sandwich I've ever had is the Wendy's spicy chicken and it was good. Never tried Chik fil-A, only their grilled.

The Popeye's sandwich I had in the 80's was not exactly the same as the chicken sandwich they have now. I found that out doing a little Googling and YouTubing. The new one has a fancy brioche bun and spicy mayo, and pickles. The ones I had 34 years ago were on a regular hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato and plain old mayo. But it was still really good with a spicy, boneless Popeye's breast.

The regular Chick-Fil-A sandwich is great, too.

Wendy's was also good the one time I had one.

So you're telling the truth and Popeyes is lying?? :palm:

Until now

The Popeye's sandwich I had in the 80's was not exactly the same as the chicken sandwich they have now. I found that out doing a little Googling and YouTubing. The new one has a fancy brioche bun and spicy mayo, and pickles. The ones I had 34 years ago were on a regular hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato and plain old mayo. But it was still really good with a spicy, boneless Popeye's breast.

The regular Chick-Fil-A sandwich is great, too.

Wendy's was also good the one time I had one.

Just because your mother put a chicken strip on a biscuit, doesn't mean that Popeyes was selling a chicken sandwich; but I noticed that you failed to provide a link to your assertion.

:facepalm:

I've found that in most cases, you can't make any of that kind of food at home as cheaply as you can just buy it at the restaurant.

Too much work and mess to clean up making fried chicken at home, too.
If you like to cook and have a well stocked pantry and frig, as many do, it's Well worth it;)

So you're telling the truth and Popeyes is lying?? :palm:

Until now

Just because your mother put a chicken strip on a biscuit, doesn't mean that Popeyes was selling a chicken sandwich; but I noticed that you failed to provide a link to your assertion.

You are so unbelievably stupid, it's comical.

According to you, and which you attribute to the Popeye's corporation itself, Popeye's has NEVER had a chicken sandwich of any kind prior to August 12, 2019.

Yet, and even though these TV ads don't go back to 1985 when I said I had tried a few, I found two commercials, one from 2003 and one from 2014, both of which feature a Popeye's chicken sandwich....

So apparently

A) somebody's information is wrong and

B) you are a fucking idiot who is as full of shit as you always are.

Last edited:
If you like to cook and have a well stocked pantry and frig, as many do, it's Well worth it;)

I'd rather spend a few dollars less, sit down and eat in the comfort of a restaurant, then when I'm done, get up and toss my trash in a can on the way out the door and let the employees clean the kitchen and deal with the mess.

I'd rather spend a few dollars less, sit down and eat in the comfort of a restaurant, then when I'm done, get up and toss my trash in a can on the way out the door and let the employees clean the kitchen and deal with the mess.
Ok...some of us enjoy cooking;) Plus having leftovers, the spice blend for next time (you always triple/quadruple the recipe) ...How much is it for 4 sandwiches? I have No clue;)
Chicken is very inexpensive you know;)

Ok...some of us enjoy cooking;) Plus having leftovers, the spice blend for next time (you always triple/quadruple the recipe) ...How much is it for 4 sandwiches? I have No clue;)
Chicken is very inexpensive you know;)

I enjoy cooking, it's just the cleaning up afterward I can do without.

Making anything with flour is a mess, especially if it involves making batter and dipping things into it.

I won't even mention deep frying...

And I don't know anyone who enjoys washing dishes, or even worse, pots and pans.

I enjoy cooking, it's just the cleaning up afterward I can do without.

Making anything with flour is a mess, especially if it involves making batter and dipping things into it.

I won't even mention deep frying...

And I don't know anyone who enjoys washing dishes, or even worse, pots and pans.
Electric deep fryer...no mess....
Dipping? Make it a family event:)
It's really not that much work...seriously..
I don't mind dishes...pots...or pans...I'd be in big trouble if I did;)
We're always cooking....

Electric deep fryer...no mess....
Dipping? Make it a family event:)
It's really not that much work...seriously..
I don't mind dishes...pots...or pans...I'd be in big trouble if I did;)
We're always cooking....

I don't believe a word of all this.

You are so unbelievably stupid, it's comical.

According to you, and which you attribute to the Popeye's corporation itself, Popeye's has NEVER had a chicken sandwich of any kind prior to August 12, 2019.

Yet, and even though these TV ads don't go back to 1985 when I said I had tried a few, I found two commercials, one from 2003 and one from 2014, both of which feature a Popeye's chicken sandwich....

So apparently

A) somebody's information is wrong and

B) you are a fucking idiot who is as full of shit as you always are.

So you're saying that Popeyes is lying and nothing from the 80s, like you said; but I can see you're upset, because as usual you've HAD to resort to posting insults.

Back