Anyone watching Breaking Bad? (SPOILERS UP TO SEASON 5-15)

Re: Anyone watching Breaking Bad? (SPOILERS UP TO SEASON 5-14)

who says there needs to be justice?

p.s. only saw that post by the fake libertarian baxter because mott quoted it.

You are supposed to be ignoring me fake libertarian. No one said there needs to be justice. Walt always had a sense of entitlement. He thinks he deserves better. He deserves to die, at this point.

Walt hates capitalism. A big part of the story is his whining about how he was screwed by Gray Matter. He was not.

His interest is not just in providing for his family or even being filthy rich. Walt is not a good guy. He is basically a megalomaniac. He wants to be worshiped or exalted. That is the whole point of "Remember My Name."

He was somewhat sympathetic up until Jane, but at that point he became too corrupted and there was little left that he could not rationalize. Poisoning Brock, taking off with Holly and, honestly, he probably had murder of Skylar on his mind if Junior had not been there to stop him.

There still seems to be some shred of decency in him, but not much and I think it's really more of his desire to be THE hero or not be the villain.

Re: Anyone watching Breaking Bad? (SPOILERS UP TO SEASON 5-14)

I am more convinced. Jesse kills Walt. I am just wondering if he gets any money to Walt's family.

the only drugs I could see a case for being against their legalization are ones that legit cause you to go full blown psycho like pcp and stuff. even then, I would rather have it be treated as a health matter than putting them in jail.

the only drugs I could see a case for being against their legalization are ones that legit cause you to go full blown psycho like pcp and stuff. even then, I would rather have it be treated as a health matter than putting them in jail.

Imagine how exciting BB would have been if meth was legal and the users had to see a doctor instead of going to jail.

Hank could have been a therapist.

Walt hates capitalism. A big part of the story is his whining about how he was screwed by Gray Matter. He was not.

His interest is not just in providing for his family or even being filthy rich. Walt is not a good guy. He is basically a megalomaniac. He wants to be worshiped or exalted. That is the whole point of "Remember My Name."

He was somewhat sympathetic up until Jane, but at that point he became too corrupted and there was little left that he could not rationalize. Poisoning Brock, taking off with Holly and, honestly, he probably had murder of Skylar on his mind if Junior had not been there to stop him.

There still seems to be some shred of decency in him, but not much and I think it's really more of his desire to be THE hero or not be the villain.
I agree that was the turning point for him. It's when he sold his soul. Jesse is weak. Always has been weak. He's only lived this long because Walt is strong and has wanted Jesse alive. I have little sympathy for Jesse. He's responsible for his GF's death because he's weak and had never been able to think things through so as to understand the consequences of his actions, unlike Walt who is a master of it. So just like Walt Jesse deserves to die but in the real world guys like Jesse die more for being stupid than because they deserve it. I'd be disappointed if this ends with Jesse being some sort of hero or anti-hero.

The only person showing any character and integrity in this entire morality play has been Walt, Jr (Flynn). He showed that last night when he told his father to go "bleep" off when he wanted to send him a 100 grand. His personal integrity was more important to him than Walts money.

If Walt does receive justice the only way it would be satisfying is if it's at the hands of Flynn.

Well isn't that the whole point of the public health approach....dumb ass?

Just think, universal government-mandated therapy for meth addiction, paid for by tax dollars.

The system is fueled by legally-produced and distributed meth...sound exciting?

What roles would each of the BB cast play in this drama?

Jesse kills him. That's the only reason they killed Andrea.

As for Walt, and heroes.... Walt has told the lie that it was all for his family. After junior rebuffs his attempt to send money he prepares to give up. But then he gets his real motivation from Elliot and Gretchen. It has been that that has driven him all along.

There are no heroes. Hero is a matter of perspective. There are only anti heroes. Walt's inability to accept that and his belief that he is the hero has driven him to do horrible things.

Last edited:
Maybe they are setting Jesse up for some payoff against Todd, but I have always felt that if either of the two stars die it should only be at the hands of the other.

Yeah...I think that's what the M-60 machine gun is for. But I don't know if it's to save Jesse or to get the bulk of his money back.

I don't know....I guess I was hoping that Shit would.end up more or less as.planned by Walt. His family being set for life and.him dying of natural causes.

It's kind of funny.how my attitudes changed.as.the series progressed. At first, I was on Walt's side...but as he turned more and more towards greed and.ruthlessness, I was kind of rooting for Hank and having more of a soft spot for Jesse, who I felt was.just a punk in the beginning.

That's exactly what I think is so awesome about the shot, nobody is perfect, everyone had bad and redeeming qualities about them and we go from liking to hating the main characters. The artist's point is that nothing is black and white, we should not idolize or vilify any fully.

Walt all along has only through cunning has been able to stay one step ahead of disaster during the entire run of this series. We've watched Walter White go from Walter Mittey into Scarface and like Scarface his empire has now crumbled around his feet. He's lost everything he has valued. His family, his self respect, his soul and now he's left with 11 million dollars and 6 months to live.

The world is populated with many Walter Whites and far to many of them get away with their crimes every day so it's hard to be sympathetic with Walter White. In reality, Walter would probably die in bed surrounded by family, who would inherit his vast sum of money and would live the remainder of their lives in without ever a worry for financial issues or give a thought to the devestation that Walter has caused in the lives of others. Both through his ruthlessly violent acts and through his sale of a very dangerous drug. That's reality and that shit happens every day. Don't believe me? Than go to North Carolina and visit tobacco road and see the mansions of the great tobacco barons. The greatest mass murderers in human history. So that's the reality.

The fantasy is that Walter White will receive justice before he dies. Given how this series is progressing I'm not expecting to see that and would almost be disappointed if it did.

The fun part about the family getting all that money that was derived from producing a murderous product is that very likely that much money would destroy the lives of those who inherited it.

mott you and I are in 100% agreement. there are a lot of people that are still hoping for some shred of a happy ending, (at least for jesse). I want total misery. I think that would fit the core ethos of the show that most.

I only want redemption for Walts two kids, they are the only true innocents. Id like everyone else to pay, but the two kids, having suffered through a broken family to end up happy.

I only want redemption for Walts two kids, they are the only true innocents. Id like everyone else to pay, but the two kids, having suffered through a broken family to end up happy.
Flyn is more than an innocent. When he rebuffed Walt he showed true character and integrity. A test his father failed miserably.

I know what's going to happen.

Does everyone remember this scene?

Jesse's going to convince them that he can make a better product, by using the mercury fulminate and he's going to make an entire batch.
Walt's going to shoot his way into the compound and the surviving White Supremacists are going to take shelter in the lab.
Walt's going to shot his way into the lab and in the final confrontation, Jesse's going to blow the entire lab up. Killing himself, Walt, and the Supremacists; thereby saving his GF's little boy.
Down the time line, after things quiet down and the Fed's are no longer bothering Walt's family; the family is going to wake up, there's going to be a black 55 gallon drum sitting by there front door, and we're going to see a truck driving off (the driver is the guy who was hiding Walt), then the scene will fade to black.

At least that's my scenario. :)

Back