Anyone watching Breaking Bad? (SPOILERS UP TO SEASON 5-15)

Gilligan has mentioned Casablanca and it's ending as an ideal.

I think he has setup a lot of teasers to make us wonder and speculate.

Todd's threats to Skyler were a little disconcerting. There are some tie ins between Holly and Jane that were always there and have been renewed.

There are lots of questions about what the ricin is for. It's hard to imagine that Walt will expect to be able to trick anyone into taking it so it might be for himself.

I don't see any scenario where Walt's family gets the money. Saul was right, it could not happen. I thought Saul might swoop into get it before last night, as a lawyer finding a way to profit off all the misery would be realistic. Now I am thinking it might end up with Brock in some way.

Flyn is more than an innocent. When he rebuffed Walt he showed true character and integrity. A test his father failed miserably.

I just got back from a long lunch break where I just saw that episode. True, what Flyn seems to inherently know, that money was not what the family needed, Walt seems to never be able to figure out.

I know what's going to happen.

Does everyone remember this scene?

Jesse's going to convince them that he can make a better product, by using the mercury fulminate and he's going to make an entire batch.
Walt's going to shoot his way into the compound and the surviving White Supremacists are going to take shelter in the lab.
Walt's going to shot his way into the lab and in the final confrontation, Jesse's going to blow the entire lab up. Killing himself, Walt, and the Supremacists; thereby saving his GF's little boy.
Down the time line, after things quiet down and the Fed's are no longer bothering Walt's family; the family is going to wake up, there's going to be a black 55 gallon drum sitting by there front door, and we're going to see a truck driving off (the driver is the guy who was hiding Walt), then the scene will fade to black.

At least that's my scenario. :)
That's a good guess, I did already suspect that guy is going to give the money to Walts family, but Im not sure its a good ending for Walts family to get that money. Part of the message of this show is the corrupting power of money.

That's a good guess, I did already suspect that guy is going to give the money to Walts family, but Im not sure its a good ending for Walts family to get that money. Part of the message of this show is the corrupting power of money.

I don't agree. Any notion that Walt is after money or even really corrupted by it is blown up when he turned down the sale of the methylamine.

He is after power and glory. He wants to prove he is better than everyone else. Better than Elliot and Gretchen, better than Gus, Mike, Jesse and even Hank and Skyler.

The one character that might be most obsessed with money is Lydia. It's really strange why too. She has a good job and judging by the scene where Mike was going to kill her she has already done pretty well for herself and her daughter. Last night she is about to get out and is drawn back in by the purity. She might have more to do with the end than has been expected as she is one that is really hard to fathom.

I don't agree. Any notion that Walt is after money or even really corrupted by it is blown up when he turned down the sale of the methylamine.

He is after power and glory. He wants to prove he is better than everyone else. Better than Elliot and Gretchen, better than Gus, Mike, Jesse and even Hank and Skyler.

The one character that might be most obsessed with money is Lydia. It's really strange why too. She has a good job and judging by the scene where Mike was going to kill her she has already done pretty well for herself and her daughter. Last night she is about to get out and is drawn back in by the purity. She might have more to do with the end than has been expected as she is one that is really hard to fathom.

OK, here's how it's really going to end. :)

Does everyone remember this scene?

Jesse's going to convince them that he can make a better product, by using the mercury fulminate and he's going to make an entire batch.
Walt's going to shoot his way into the compound and the surviving White Supremacists are going to take shelter in the lab.
Walt's going to shot his way into the lab and in the final confrontation, Jesse's going to blow the entire lab up. Killing himself, Walt, and the Supremacists; thereby saving his GF's little boy.
Down the time line, after things quiet down and the Fed's are no longer bothering Walt's family; the family is going to wake up, there's going to be a black 55 gallon drum sitting by there front door, and we're going to see a truck driving off (the driver is the guy who was hiding Walt), then the scene will fade to black.

At least that's my scenario. :)
Uhhhh..Walt never showed Jessie how to make mercury fulminate. Also, as Walt said, this was mercury fulminate with "someting special" added, as mercury fulminate is not synthesized in large lamellar triclinic crystals as in BB (i'm assuming that's what the "something special" was for). Mercury Fluminate is made by dissolving mercury in nitric acid and precipitating it with ethanol. It forms a white to grey finelly divided powder.

So since Jessie is not a chemist and Walt didn't show him how to make mercury fulminate I doubt he could figure out how. In addition, if you just mixed mercury to nitric acid and added ethanol, without using the proper technique you would blow yourself up.

Also, if Walt were to do that....why would he go to the trouble of recovering the ricin from his house?

Walt only turned down selling the methylamine after he was wealthy. But you have a point, he did not care about making good meth, he wanted to make the best meth possible. Walt cared about his family, he only quit when it became clear it was the only way to keep them. Then he lost them. Walt came from a wealthy family, remember when Skyler wanted him to ask his mother for money?

Walt only turned down selling the methylamine after he was wealthy. But you have a point, he did not care about making good meth, he wanted to make the best meth possible. Walt cared about his family, he only quit when it became clear it was the only way to keep them. Then he lost them. Walt came from a wealthy family, remember when Skyler wanted him to ask his mother for money?

Well, they actually had borrowed from Jesse and had little left after paying off Mike's guys.

I do not think Walt's family was wealthy. It seemed that was part of his problem with Elliot and Gretchen. He made a point that she was a little rich girl adding to her millions. It seemed to have caused problems with them as he seemed to have a bit of chip on his shoulder about it.

Remember, his father died of Huntington's disease when Walt was still young.

There will probably never be a show quite as good as this one.

One of its most incredible accomplishments, imo, is that there is still a large contingent that continues to root for Walt, despite the evil that he has done. I mean, the guy is responsible for literally hundreds of deaths.

Indeed it was....and Jessie finally caught a break! I loved "Goodbye Lydia" LOL LOL LOL

Jessie deserved to find a backpack full of cash, to start over with.
I was sure Walt was going to blow the lab up; which would have shown the audience that he was dead, but would have made the FBI always wonder.

Jessie deserved to find a backpack full of cash, to start over with.
I was sure Walt was going to blow the lab up; which would have shown the audience that he was dead, but would have made the FBI always wonder.
Jessie deserved a bullet to the head...but not as bad as Todd did.

There were some great lines last night "Elliot...if we're going down this road you're going to need a bigger knife.". "Good bye Lydia" was awesome too. I loved that they brought back Badger and Skinny Pete.

I was dissapointed in what did the Schwartz's do to betray Walt?

There were some great lines last night "Elliot...if we're going down this road you're going to need a bigger knife.". "Good bye Lydia" was awesome too. I loved that they brought back Badger and Skinny Pete.

I was dissapointed in what did the Schwartz's do to betray Walt?

They said on Charlie Rose that all Walt contributed was the name. It's always been hinted that Walt's contributions where integral to their ultimate success.

Great finale. Some say it was too "perfect," but I thought it was all pretty plausible & well done. I disagree w/ you that Jesse deserved a bullet to the head; yes, he did some terrible things, but he spent his time in purgatory.

They said on Charlie Rose that all Walt contributed was the name. It's always been hinted that Walt's contributions where integral to their ultimate success.

Great finale. Some say it was too "perfect," but I thought it was all pretty plausible & well done. I disagree w/ you that Jesse deserved a bullet to the head; yes, he did some terrible things, but he spent his time in purgatory.
Sorry....He committed premeditated murder, was responsible for destroying thousands of lives through producing meth and through weakness and stupidity was responsible for the deaths of innocents. Including both of his girl friends. If he was on trial and I was on his jury I'd have no problem sending him to death row.

Having said that...I'm glad he killed Todd. :)

Sorry....He committed premeditated murder, was responsible for destroying thousands of lives through producing meth and through weakness and stupidity was responsible for the deaths of innocents. Including both of his girl friends. If he was on trial and I was on his jury I'd have no problem sending him to death row.

Having said that...I'm glad he killed Todd. :)

I don't think any of them were good people. I only watched it sometimes for Bryan Cranston's performance, which was masterful. Hard to take Hamm never winning for his portrayal of Don Draper, because it's simply a much more under-stated role, but he is also masterful in it. But they hit the jackpot when they tapped Cranston for that role. My hat is off to him, and he is a joy to watch.

I still can't get over those morons giving the emmy to Jeff Daniels this year. What a effing waste. I try and pretend it didn't happen. I would guess Cranston will win again next year, and it's very possible Hamm's Don Draper magic will go the full run without an emmy.

But Cranston deserved every one he got.

I am trying to think of the people Jesse killed and it was only Gale, Todd and maybe some of the cartel. Gale was about the only one that maybe was innocent.

As for the meth users, that is on them. They chose to use and whether they got it from him or someone else it would not have mattered. We would not blame the liquor store for an alcoholics use.

I would fault him for the girlfriends before the users (not criminally) or for aiding Walt (criminally). There would be no point in executing him as he does not seem likely to reoffend.

Back