Anyone watching Breaking Bad? (SPOILERS UP TO SEASON 5-15)

Jessie should serve a penance for his crimes but what would be fitting would be for him to take on some responsibility by taking in Brock as his own and be responsible for raising him.

Jessie should serve a penance for his crimes but what would be fitting would be for him to take on some responsibility by taking in Brock as his own and be responsible for raising him.
No, I think death row would be warranted for Jessie. Good lord Jarod...think about what your saying. Who in their right mind would want Jessie raising any child?! LOL

I am trying to think of the people Jesse killed and it was only Gale, Todd and maybe some of the cartel. Gale was about the only one that maybe was innocent.

As for the meth users, that is on them. They chose to use and whether they got it from him or someone else it would not have mattered. We would not blame the liquor store for an alcoholics use.

I would fault him for the girlfriends before the users (not criminally) or for aiding Walt (criminally). There would be no point in executing him as he does not seem likely to reoffend.
Well I guess that's a libertarian version of jurisprudence. Jesse was guilty of premiditated murder. To say that those who manufacture a dangerous, addicitve and illicit drug and sells is only on those who use it is absolutely insane. In reality world it's a mitigating circumstance for why he deserves the death penalty for the premeditated murder of Gale. I mean for Christs sakes, this is a guy who went to rehab meetings so he could sell meth. In that respect, he's no better than Todd was.

So Jesse reclaimed his soul at the end. Good for Jesse. I'd still put his ass on death row. I have as much sympathy for Jesse as Hank did.

You're a hard one, Mott. I have a lot more sympathy for Jesse. His only true "murder" was Gale, and that was sheer self-preservation (and Gale would be on death row for you anyway, because he cooked meth).

Jesse was tortured and held captive for quite a bit of time there. He paid his dues.

You're a hard one, Mott. I have a lot more sympathy for Jesse. His only true "murder" was Gale, and that was sheer self-preservation (and Gale would be on death row for you anyway, because he cooked meth).

Jesse was tortured and held captive for quite a bit of time there. He paid his dues.
Oh I have sympathy for Jesse. He had a lot of tough breaks. I was glad to see that he had a break and I'm not naive enough to think that people like Jesse get away with their crimes all the time.

But I'm not nearly as hard on Jesse as Jesse was on Gale. Objectively, Jesse is an excellent candidate for death row, as was Walt. You can sympathize with a person and still understand that they have comitted crimes that are beyond the pale...as Jesse did.

Also, I didn't say that Jesse or Gale should be on death row for selling meth. I said it was aggravating circumstances in regards to the murder Jesse committed and Jesse most certainly did not kill Gale in self defense. There is no denying...even Jesse admitted it...he was one of the bad guys. Was he as bad as the Neo Nazi's or the Mexican Cartel thugs? No, probably not...but he was still a bad guy.

looks like this thread will be an interesting read. I shall catch up later. I can't believe it's all over.

Oh I have sympathy for Jesse. He had a lot of tough breaks. I was glad to see that he had a break and I'm not naive enough to think that people like Jesse get away with their crimes all the time.

But I'm not nearly as hard on Jesse as Jesse was on Gale. Objectively, Jesse is an excellent candidate for death row, as was Walt. You can sympathize with a person and still understand that they have comitted crimes that are beyond the pale...as Jesse did.

Also, I didn't say that Jesse or Gale should be on death row for selling meth. I said it was aggravating circumstances in regards to the murder Jesse committed and Jesse most certainly did not kill Gale in self defense. There is no denying...even Jesse admitted it...he was one of the bad guys. Was he as bad as the Neo Nazi's or the Mexican Cartel thugs? No, probably not...but he was still a bad guy.

Yeah, that is true. I think one of the most incredible things about the show is that you end up being so invested in the characters, and really, rooting for a bad guy or 2. I know some people that were still pulling for Walt, even right up until the end.

Jesse stood out among the bad guys because he wasn't a sociopath; he had heart, and genuine remorse about his bad deeds (unlike, say, Todd & the Nazi's, or Lydia, or even Walt). I felt good when he got away, but you're definitely right: he was a bad guy.

Yeah, that is true. I think one of the most incredible things about the show is that you end up being so invested in the characters, and really, rooting for a bad guy or 2. I know some people that were still pulling for Walt, even right up until the end.

Jesse stood out among the bad guys because he wasn't a sociopath; he had heart, and genuine remorse about his bad deeds (unlike, say, Todd & the Nazi's, or Lydia, or even Walt). I felt good when he got away, but you're definitely right: he was a bad guy.
Oh Jesse had one redeeming quality that none of the other villians in BB had. All of them from Walt to Crazy 8 to Tuco to Gus to Mike to Saul to Todd and Lydia and the Neo Nazi's to Hank and even Skyler sold their souls. At the end, I think Jesse found his and tried to break away from the craziness...but was just to weak to do it. However in the end Jesse found that he had a soul and that he treasured it, weak assed rat bastard that he was.

If life were fair Jesse's ass would be sitting on death row but life isn't fair and Jesse gets a second chance. Wonder what the dumb bastard will do with it?

Back