Should we do it?

• OF COURSE! That's fuckin' awesome!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No, cancer research blah blah blah blah plus I have a vagina

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Not sure + I have a vagina

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Proving that photons have mass would be a significant blow to relativity. I am certain that physicists have thought of this before, and that USC and Damo getting on a political message board one night aren't coming up with something revolutionary by claiming that light has to have mass to be effected by gravity.

It's affected because of the way objects with mass bend spacetime. The amount of bending in light is consistent with Einsteins predictions for how much of a bend this would produce. This was the first bit of confirming evidence for general relativity. I'm sure you guys haven't produced any alternative math for how it would be produced by protons with mass, so we're getting no where.

Last edited:
God is light. Okay, that settles physics. No ned to study any further. A wingnut's GUT if you will.

you never addressed that post and it was in response to yours....just curious as to your thoughts

That God is light?

It isn't congruent with my belief system. :-/

It was really a metaphor, though, and so doesn't mean anything in the context of this discussion.

That God is light?

It isn't congruent with my belief system. :-/

It was really a metaphor, though, and so doesn't mean anything in the context of this discussion.

its interesting you said "light is different" and 2000 years ago the bible happens to describe God as light....

not debunking any science as cornbeef thought....just pointing out something interesting....

its interesting you said "light is different" and 2000 years ago the bible happens to describe God as light....

not debunking any science as cornbeef thought....just pointing out something interesting....
Wouldn't that mean that Light is Love? Because it also says that God is Love. It would also mean that Light is the Word of God, because "The Word" is Jesus... No need to spend money on bibles anymore, you can just flip the fricking switch!

Other things light must be.. "Not jealous" is one of them, but then God is a jealous god... How does that work? Can Light be both jealous and not jealous at the same time?

Back