Are Biblical Laws About Homosexuality Eternal? Op-Ed by R.E.Friedman and S. Dolansky

I don't believe that the majority believe the Bible condemns homosexuality, I would have to see your proof.

It wouldn't concern me if Christians kept their beliefs to themselves. It was in study that I came to have all my doubts about Christianity, the Bible and a personal deity. If I had remained ignorant of my faith I would not have these doubts.

You have no faith and you are ignorant.

let's be honest, Rana.......you haven't made any attempt to translate it.....you've relied on Bruce, a well respected authority with two years training in Engineering Physics......if you've read Leviticus, why is it you cannot distinguish between the ceremonial laws regarding cleanliness and the other laws found it Leviticus?.......for example,
22 “‘If anyone dedicates to the LORD a field they have bought, which is not part of their family land, 23 the priest will determine its value up to the Year of Jubilee, and the owner must pay its value on that day as something holy to the LORD. 24 In the Year of Jubilee the field will revert to the person from whom it was bought, the one whose land it was. 25 Every value is to be set according to the sanctuary shekel, twenty gerahs to the shekel.

please explain what this passage has to do with the mixing of "clean" and "unclean"?

Sounds like Jewish law to me, didn't I mention that in one of my other quotes, if I didn't, I meant to do so. Leviticus does not apply to me, I am not Jewish and I would guess, neither are you...and I didn't rely on Bruce, I turn to other scholars and their books. I do read the site for comparisons of religion and it was often sited when I participated on an evolution message board and there were some great articles on that subject. I wasn't the one who posted the article, I just put in my two cents on the site...you jump to many wrong conclusions! Bruce didn't write the passages that he posted, I thought you believed God wrote those! weren't they just Bible quotes that poet posted from religioustolerance? you got all ramped up over reading something incorrectly! sorry for you!

Last edited:
PmP, just to give you an idea of who you're arguing with...several months ago, there was a discussion in which I demonstrated Muhammad penetrated Ayesha when she was nine-years-old (it's well documented in Islamic writings). Most libs simply chose to ignore the thread; Christiefan denied it; but Rana actually defended the perversion, saying it was acceptable in those times (which is untrue).

I like Rana, but let's face it, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and her moral compass is in serious need of calibration...

Sounds like Jewish law to me, didn't I mention that in one of my other quotes, if I didn't, I meant to do so. Leviticus does not apply to me, I am not Jewish and I would guess, neither are you...and I didn't rely on Bruce, I turn to other scholars and their books. I do read the site for comparisons of religion and it was often sited when I participated on an evolution message board and there were some great articles on that subject. I wasn't the one who posted the article, I just put in my two cents on the site...you jump to many wrong conclusions! Bruce didn't write the passages that he posted, I thought you believed God wrote those! weren't they just Bible quotes that poet posted from religioustolerance? you got all ramped up over reading something incorrectly! sorry for you!

Can you name some of these scholars and their books?

PmP, just to give you an idea of who you're arguing with...several months ago, there was a discussion in which I demonstrated Muhammad penetrated Ayesha when she was nine-years-old (it's well documented in Islamic writings). Most libs simply chose to ignore the thread; Christiefan denied it; but Rana actually defended the perversion, saying it was acceptable in those times (which is untrue).

I like Rana, but let's face it, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and her moral compass is in serious need of calibration...

How very untruthful of you, but if it makes you feel better to put words into my mouth, knock yourself out. And you don't really like me when you state such things, so quit pretending you do. Cheap shots are all you are good for.

lol, not a very good night for you, obviously......

On the contrary, I loved the debate until you made it personal...that is when you lost control, and I am still having a good night, what you write does not affect me, but it does make me want to end the discussion with you.

Like I said, putting words into my mouth, arranged marriages were and still are practiced in many cultures, and no where did I say that I agreed with this practice, just that it was done and there are many scholars, once again, who claim that she was older than 9, but I know you will continue to judge me on this one, and nothing I say here will change your "opinion" I am a woman and the very practice of arranged marriages disgusts me, but it was a different time and a different culture and what was acceptable then was changed in the USA in 1929! It took that long! i can not change the past only the present and the future! I will be sure to vote against child marriages if the issue ever comes up for vote in the USA!

I have bad news, Rana......there are several different things going on in the book of Leviticus.....I suggest you actually read it before you post something like this......as pointed out before, there are ceremonial laws, there is a civil code and there is a moral code.....they are all treated differently......

The Moral Law, or covenant, under-girded the Civil and Ceremonial laws- That is to say that God's covenant with Israel was one of obedience to the law that was demonstrated through Israel's ability to keep it...which they could not do- All of this pointed Israel to their need for a savior. Indeed the entire history of the covenants is about pointing man towards his need of a savior. Ceremonial laws dealing with food and sacrifice were about Christ. Civil law too was about a nation of God' keeping the Law perfectly-the moral of the story is that man simply cannot do so.

Reading Rana's posts in this thread, I would suggest that she continue to use unparalleled logic and reason instead of emotion as her tormentors have done. I also suggest that she use more exclamation points, perhaps intersperse them within sentences instead of confining them merely to the ends.

Can you name some of these scholars and their books?

Ephesians 2

15by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations.

Hebrews 8

13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Romans 10

4Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Romans 7

6But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

2 Corinthians 3

13We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. 14But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.Galatians 3

13Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."

23Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ[h] that we might be justified by faith. 25Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Back