Are there any more Conservatives who can discuss reality?

There are many extremely obnoxious left-wingers who do nothing but write insults (or post pictures). Not your fault, just fact.

Seriously. You don't notice them because you agree with the memes.... You scroll right past, don't say a word.... But you notice those that you are told are "false", though what they are is simply different opinions of things built on a foundation of the same facts you have but they are seen from a different angle.
There are many extremely obnoxious right and left wingers here...who do nothing but write insults (and post pictures.)

The division is as great as I have seen during my lifetime.

It is a very dangerous time in which we live.

When we moved to the new digs I took everyone off ignore and tried things that way. It was like a week before I had most of them on ignore again. Mostly it's the overuse of memes and childish insults but it's also because some are literally batshit and make my poor brain weep when reading their dreck.
nonsense

if you have Hume left to read, but put anyone else on ignore, you simply can't handle dissent. what you desire is an echo chamber

Same here. There are just some members too stupid, too crude, too vile to bother with. I really like how this forum software doesn't show ignored people's posts when quoted by someone. It's also canceled those childish twits who deliberately quoted an ignored person's post just to try to get you to see it.
You know, what I always find hilarious is how the Leftists here back away from any sort of rational argument the nanosecond they're presented with facts and logic that demolishes their position. QP seems to be the only one that even tries to present a rebuttal and counter argument. The rest instantly resort to ad hominem and insults.

In this very thread, I present a map that refutes PRS's claim and there is no attempt at rebuttal or a counter argument.

As for memes and other satire, sarcasm, and unserious insults that I post, those are just that. I'm doing it because I am responding to unserious nonsense someone has posted. Hume is a great example of this right now. Hume posts single sentences that are devoid of facts, reasoning, and logic and simply expects everyone to accept them like some sort of ancient secret knowledge that is widely known. Nothing could be further from the truth.

What folks see when they click on this thread:

A self-congratulatory circle jerk thread for leftists, they all get to gather here and tell each other how smart they are because they don't agree with those "extreme" people (half the nation about) who vote differently than they do.

It's like watching a group of parrots just repeating what the latest leftist email says, (received earlier today) "Those extreme righties want to force you to die in childbirth and vote for orange-painted felons!" (Orange IS the new black...)
We need an eyeroll emoji in the Likes.

I am finally getting bored with debating people who have made up their own facts, or parrot right wing lies and no discussion based on reality.

Are there any left?
Considering the amount of trolling you do, this might be one of the most ironic posts this board has seen. Now if you posted this to be ironic, then kudos. But if serious, the lack of self awareness it shows is almost impressively amazing.

Jarod, I hope you stay. But try this:
One by one put the annoying trolls on ignore. See who is left. If nothing is interesting, then that's the best.

I am finally getting bored with debating people who have made up their own facts, or parrot right wing lies and no discussion based on reality.

Are there any left?
I’m sure there are conservatives who can discuss issues. Cawacko is one.

There are just no Trumpers who can.

What folks see when they click on this thread:

A self-congratulatory circle jerk thread for leftists, they all get to gather here and tell each other how smart they are because they don't agree with those "extreme" people (half the nation about) who vote differently than they do.

It's like watching a group of parrots just repeating what the latest leftist email says, (received earlier today) "Those extreme righties want to force you to die in childbirth and vote for orange-painted felons!" (Orange IS the new black...)
Naw, intelligence, you see, is relative. It’s not that the lefties, liberals and moderates are so smart. It’s that Trumpers are just SO. FUCKING. STUPID.

Notice, pally boy, who uses twitter feeds and memes as their main source of truth. It ain’t the left, Jethro.

I've been on this board (and its predecessors) for far longer than I care to admit. This board has pretty much tracked the internet as whole. I know its easy to look back on the past with rose color glasses but when the board first came out there was actual discussion. The internet was still relatively new and being able to have discussions with people across the country (and globe) was still a new and exciting thing. There was still of course a lot of partisanship but there was some diversity of thought and intelligent exchanges.

As time passed and trolling started to become more of a thing and sites like Twitter came about, you definitely saw a change. And here we are today where actual discussion is a very rare thing. This board, and many like it, consist of a combination of trolling and just severe partisanship and tribalism and people yelling past each other. It is what it is I suppose.

You know, what I always find hilarious is how the Leftists here back away from any sort of rational argument the nanosecond they're presented with facts and logic that demolishes their position. QP seems to be the only one that even tries to present a rebuttal and counter argument. The rest instantly resort to ad hominem and insults.

In this very thread, I present a map that refutes PRS's claim and there is no attempt at rebuttal or a counter argument.

As for memes and other satire, sarcasm, and unserious insults that I post, those are just that. I'm doing it because I am responding to unserious nonsense someone has posted. Hume is a great example of this right now. Hume posts single sentences that are devoid of facts, reasoning, and logic and simply expects everyone to accept them like some sort of ancient secret knowledge that is widely known. Nothing could be further from the truth.
LOL. What is there to rebut. The map clearly shows that the large population areas didn't vote for the right. Anyone that can actually see colors can see that. In the first map you will see that the area around Paris is white. Marseille, Bordeaux, Lyon are all white. Touluse, Nantes, Rennes, Tours, St Etienne, Dijon, Lille, and most other large cities are pink with some white. The only major city I can see that isn't pink or white is Rheims. Perhaps you are confused because the maker of the map used a white background to hide the cities that are located at the edges of France.

Would you care to rebut my argument by pointing to any city with a population over 100,000 that went for the far right parties? Then we can look at the actual vote totals for that area. I'll bet you will find that almost none of them voted for a majority of the far right.

It appears you are so out of touch with reality that you can't even read a map.

Back