Are we realy held ransom?

Taichiliberal

Shaken, not stirred!
Here's the thing: the NSA, CIA, FBI and Lord knows how many other alphabet security and law enforcement agencies have access to some of the most powerful and sophisticated computers in the world. They can hand me a book detailing my life from cradle to grave, listing friends, family, phone calls, net sites visited, school records medical records, etc.

And yet this "ransom ware" seems to be the unbeatable software program that can bring the country to it's knees

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securi...mware-hackers-5-million-u-s-official-n1267286

So why can't the federal government do something directly useful and distribute to the masses a flashcard containing programs to block ransom ware? Better than a bunch of private companies selling half assed products for an inflated price while competing against each other. Just saying.

Here's the thing: the NSA, CIA, FBI and Lord knows how many other alphabet security and law enforcement agencies have access to some of the most powerful and sophisticated computers in the world. They can hand me a book detailing my life from cradle to grave, listing friends, family, phone calls, net sites visited, school records medical records, etc.

And yet this "ransom ware" seems to be the unbeatable software program that can bring the country to it's knees

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securi...mware-hackers-5-million-u-s-official-n1267286

So why can't the federal government do something directly useful and distribute to the masses a flashcard containing programs to block ransom ware? Better than a bunch of private companies selling half assed products for an inflated price while competing against each other. Just saying.

Cyber crimes and the Cyber war that we are in whether we like it or not because China and Russia and North Korea have dictated it, well all that has not been a priority for our failed elites.

We are now hopelessly behind.

We are so fucked.

Good question. Why don't private companies and universities get ransomware aid from the government.

You tell me. DUH!

Good question. Why don't private companies and universities get ransomware aid from the government.

Why aren't they developing it?

It's what they do, isn't it?

Universities and private industry are who develops this shit.
It's not the government's job to develop it, it's their responsibility to use it to protect this country.

You want the federal government to nationalize the IT security business?

You believe the federal government is capable of stopping cyber-crimes but chooses not to do do, and you you're OK with them having "a book detailing my life from cradle to grave, listing friends, family, phone calls, net sites visited, school records medical records, etc.".

Back