Are we realy held ransom?

Cyber crimes and the Cyber war that we are in whether we like it or not because China and Russia and North Korea have dictated it, well all that has not been a priority for our failed elites.

We are now hopelessly behind.

We are so fucked.

Ransom ware started out as primarily a low level thing crime, if memory serves me correctly. Individual PC owners in America were screwed over at random. Now it's a weapon. Unreal.

You tell me. DUH!

Universities and private industry are who develops this shit.
It's not the government's job to develop it, it's their responsibility to use it to protect this country.

Just to be clear...are you saying that ransom ware was developed by private industry and universities, and there fore should foot the bill for counter measures?

Here's the thing: the NSA, CIA, FBI and Lord knows how many other alphabet security and law enforcement agencies have access to some of the most powerful and sophisticated computers in the world. They can hand me a book detailing my life from cradle to grave, listing friends, family, phone calls, net sites visited, school records medical records, etc.

And yet this "ransom ware" seems to be the unbeatable software program that can bring the country to it's knees

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securi...mware-hackers-5-million-u-s-official-n1267286

So why can't the federal government do something directly useful and distribute to the masses a flashcard containing programs to block ransom ware? Better than a bunch of private companies selling half assed products for an inflated price while competing against each other. Just saying.

I ask myself the same question........so they come up against a foreign bank that refuses to release the identity of the hackers who own the account the money went in to..........obviously we say to the bank, "we regret to inform you that you may no longer receive money transfers into or out of the US"......and then we say to the bank "I'm sorry, what do you mean that all of your deposits seem to no longer exist. Yes, we realize that all that money now seems to belong to us, but we have no idea how that happened and aren't really that interested in finding out. Have a good day,"........hopefully every other country in the world does the same.....how long before this is no longer a problem?......

or therefor.....

He wants to know "why can't the federal government do something directly useful and distribute to the masses a flashcard containing programs to block ransom ware?"

He thinks it's" Better than a bunch of private companies selling half assed products for an inflated price while competing against each other."

Does that look like a free market economy to you?

I ask myself the same question........so they come up against a foreign bank that refuses to release the identity of the hackers who own the account the money went in to..........obviously we say to the bank, "we regret to inform you that you may no longer receive money transfers into or out of the US"......and then we say to the bank "I'm sorry, what do you mean that all of your deposits seem to no longer exist. Yes, we realize that all that money now seems to belong to us, but we have no idea how that happened and aren't really that interested in finding out. Have a good day,"........hopefully every other country in the world does the same.....how long before this is no longer a problem?......

But I'm not dealing in your foreign scenario. I'm dealing with domestic issues. With regards to the recent gasoline pipeline incident, I think the OP has merit.

Here's the thing: the NSA, CIA, FBI and Lord knows how many other alphabet security and law enforcement agencies have access to some of the most powerful and sophisticated computers in the world. They can hand me a book detailing my life from cradle to grave, listing friends, family, phone calls, net sites visited, school records medical records, etc.

And yet this "ransom ware" seems to be the unbeatable software program that can bring the country to it's knees

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securi...mware-hackers-5-million-u-s-official-n1267286

So why can't the federal government do something directly useful and distribute to the masses a flashcard containing programs to block ransom ware? Better than a bunch of private companies selling half assed products for an inflated price while competing against each other. Just saying.

Sure we have, hard to believe that this one was a sole effort, surely everyday numerous similarly attempts are made, but it has to be like stopping water from running down hill, always seems to find a way

all of those high powered and sophisticated computers are controlled by something the government has no real control over........intelligent human beings. those ransomware programs are written by people that are apparently smarter than the ones the government have working for them.

are you saying that the US could simply abscond with money from a foreign bank and then pretend like they don't know what happened or where it went, if it even existed?

Back