ASK ME QUESTIONS

yes but is there any better feeling than squeezing a trigger and feeling the life slip out of your fingers as you look at the blank animal eyes staring into the sky, the deer wondering what its purpose was. you see the breathing get slower and slower and you know you have conquered it, you have conquered it's existence, and now you will consume the flesh of your victory merrily. the juices will dribble down your chin and you will know you are the master of deer.

True, but I'm talking about muscle catabolism. Now, you can still get good protein from eggs and beans and nuts, but it's still not all the aminos a human needs.
You're uninformed. Eggs are an amazing source of complete proteins and b-vitamin complex. One can easily survive with eggs as their only source of dietary protein. Now it is true that you can't get all the essential amino acids from a single vegetable source but by eating a variety of vegetable sources it is possible to get a diet with complete proteins (i.e. ones that contain all the essential amino acids), you just can't get it from one vegetable source. Don't get me wrong. I'm not making any arguments for being a vegetarian. Protein from animals sources is usually of a higher quality (and it don't get no better than eggs) and requires substantially less volume of material to digest to obtain those complete protiens, not to mention it contains other essential enzymes, co-enzymes and vitamins that are difficult to obtain from vegetable sources (again, difficult, not impossible).

Also, I think you meant "anabolsim" and regardless you are misusing the term, you can't have catabolism without anabolism and vice versa. They are both part of the same closed loop, negative feedback homeostatic control mechanism for cellular respiration (metabolism).

Last edited:
You're uninformed. Eggs are an amazing source of complete proteins and b-vitamin complex. One can easily survive with eggs as their only source of dietary protein. Now it is true that you can't get all the essential amino acids from a single vegetable source but by eating a variety of vegetable sources it is possible to get a diet with complete proteins (i.e. ones that contain all the essential amino acids), you just can't get it from one vegetable source. Don't get me wrong. I'm not making any arguments for being a vegetarian. Protein from animals sources is usually of a higher quality (and it don't get no better than eggs) and requires substantially less volume of material to digest to obtain those complete protiens, not to mention it contains other essential enzymes, co-enzymes and vitamins that are difficult to obtain from vegetable sources (again, difficult, not impossible).

Also, I think you meant "anabolsim" and regardless you are misusing the term, you can't have catabolism without anabolism and vice versa. They are both part of the same closed loop, negative feedback homeostatic control mechanism for cellular respiration.
You're right, I probably am misusing the term. But I never said eggs weren't a great source of protein, in fact I personally believe they are the BEST source of protein (followed closely by fish), in addition to EFAs.

You're right, I probably am misusing the term. But I never said eggs weren't a great source of protein, in fact I personally believe they are the BEST source of protein (followed closely by fish), in addition to EFAs.
Actually you did. You may have misspoke but you said that they "do not have all the aminos a human needs." That's true about high protein plant foods like legumes and nuts but it's not true about eggs. As you said, I too can think of no better source of complete proteins then eggs.

Last edited:
And I have no problem with killing animals, let me be clear on that. I am just calling damo out on his bullshit that he's doing it for some bizarre altruistic reasoning. Who are you trying to fool damo? You just like to shoot shit.
I have to agree with you. There's a primal thrill of the hunt that is what mostly makes hunting fun. But that's not all, it's also the ability to succesfully make the kill at the end of the hunt really that trips peoples triggers (pun intended). Other wise there would be more people out these days hunting with cameras instead of guns.

Actually you did. You may have misspoke but you said that they "do not have all the aminos a human needs." That's true about high protein plant foods like legumes and nuts but it's not true about eggs. As you said, I too can think of no better source of complete proteins then eggs.
Eggs don't contain Tryptophane(sp) do they? Last I checked they don't but it's been awhile and I could quite possibly be mistaken or flat out wrong.

Eggs don't contain Tryptophane(sp) do they? Last I checked they don't but it's been awhile and I could quite possibly be mistaken or flat out wrong.

You're wrong, it is a very good source of tryptophan.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan"]Tryptophan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

And I have no problem with killing animals, let me be clear on that. I am just calling damo out on his bullshit that he's doing it for some bizarre altruistic reasoning. Who are you trying to fool damo? You just like to shoot shit.
I like to provide, but I don't personally hunt. What made you think I hunted? The reality is, hunters are necessary or we'd have starving and diseased creatures in our back yards.

I was simply pointing out to the hunter that hunting is not necessarily the same thing as killing for the joy of watching another creature suffer.

You bastard.

Eggs are unborn chickens and milk comes from COWS.
Eggs, like in humans, are only half of an organism unless they are fertilized, eggs sold in the store are from hens kept separately from roosters. However the proteins missing in a vegan's diet are found in eggs and milk.

And not all milk comes from cows, although all milk does come from mammals.

Eggs, like in humans, are only half of an organism unless they are fertilized, eggs sold in the store are from hens kept separately from roosters. However the proteins missing in a vegan's diet are found in eggs and milk.

Vegitarians deny chickens their right to have sex. :palm:

SHAME ON YOU ALL, SHAME I SAY. :cof1:

Is all of creation worth the suffering a single child?

(Ivan's question in The Brothers Karamazov)

"This poor child of five was subjected to every possible torture by those cultivated parents. They beat her, thrashed her, kicked her for no reason till her body was one bruise. Then, they went to greater refinements of cruelty -- shut her up all night in the cold and frost in a privy, and because she didn't ask to be taken up at night (as though a child of five sleeping its angelic, sound sleep could be trained to wake and ask), they smeared her face and filled her mouth with excrement, and it was her mother, her mother did this. And that mother could sleep, hearing the poor child's groans! Can you understand why a little creature, who can't even understand what's done to her, should beat her little aching heart with her tiny fist in the dark and the cold, and weep her meek unresentful tears to dear, kind God to protect her? Do you understand that, friend and brother, you pious and humble novice? Do you understand why this infamy must be and is permitted? Without it, I am told, man could not have existed on earth, for he could not have known good and evil. Why should he know that diabolical good and evil when it costs so much? Why, the whole world of knowledge is not worth that child's prayer to dear, kind God'! I say nothing of the sufferings of grown-up people, they have eaten the apple, damn them, and the devil take them all! But these little ones! I am making you suffer, Alyosha, you are not yourself. I'll leave off if you like."

"Nevermind. I want to suffer too," muttered Alyosha.

"One picture, only one more, because it's so curious, so characteristic, and I have only just read it in some collection of Russian antiquities. I've forgotten the name. I must look it up. It was in the darkest days of serfdom at the beginning of the century, and long live the Liberator of the People! There was in those days a general of aristocratic connections, the owner of great estates, one of those men -- somewhat exceptional, I believe, even then -- who, retiring from the service into a life of leisure, are convinced that they've earned absolute power over the lives of their subjects. There were such men then. So our general, settled on his property of two thousand souls, lives in pomp, and domineers over his poor neighbours as though they were dependents and buffoons. He has kennels of hundreds of hounds and nearly a hundred dog-boys -- all mounted, and in uniform. One day a serf-boy, a little child of eight, threw a stone in play and hurt the paw of the general's favourite hound. 'Why is my favourite dog lame?' He is told that the boy threw a stone that hurt the dog's paw. 'So you did it.' The general looked the child up and down. 'Take him.' He was taken -- taken from his mother and kept shut up all night. Early that morning the general comes out on horseback, with the hounds, his dependents, dog-boys, and huntsmen, all mounted around him in full hunting parade. The servants are summoned for their edification, and in front of them all stands the mother of the child. The child is brought from the lock-up. It's a gloomy, cold, foggy, autumn day, a capital day for hunting. The general orders the child to be undressed; the child is stripped naked. He shivers, numb with terror, not daring to cry.... 'Make him run,' commands the general. 'Run! run!' shout the dog-boys. The boy runs.... 'At him!' yells the general, and he sets the whole pack of hounds on the child. The hounds catch him, and tear him to pieces before his mother's eyes!... I believe the general was afterwards declared incapable of administering his estates. Well -- what did he deserve? To be shot? To be shot for the satisfaction of our moral feelings? Speak, Alyosha!

"To be shot," murmured Alyosha, lifting his eyes to Ivan with a pale, twisted smile.

"Bravo!" cried Ivan delighted. "If even you say so... You're a pretty monk! So there is a little devil sitting in your heart, Alyosha Karamazov!"

OK....here's some questions I've given a lot of thought to.

If I pluck the wings off a fly, does it become a walk?

Why do they report power outages on TV?

Doesn't it bother you that Doctors call what they do "Practice"?

Isn't it even more alarming that the person who invests your money is called a "Broker"?

If you're in a forest, by your self, and a woman isn't there to hear you, are you still wrong?

If you have a plant and instead of talking to it you yell at it, will it still grow but only to be troubled and insecure?

If a stealth bomber crashes and no one is there to see it does it still make sound?

What's another word for synonym?

If a mute swears, do they have their hands washed with soap?

Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?

If I see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant, what should I do?

Is it possible to be totally partial?

If a parsley farmer is sued, do they garnish his wages?

If you have a funeral prosession at night, should people turn off their headlights?

If a turtle loses its shell. Is it naked or homeless?

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Should a vegetarian eat animal crackers?

If a police arrest a mime, does he have the right to remain silent?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

and this last one is for Dixie....why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

Why does monosyllabic have five syllables?

Back