At 77 He Prepares Burgers Earning in Week His Former Hourly Wage?!!

why do you people always KNEE JERK spew hate on people ?

because your hate filled people

Coming from the most hate filled hyper partisan asshat on the forum; this is the pinnacle of irony.

It's official; you really are THAT dumb. Dismissed asshat.

This is the kind of crap I was decrying. He wasn't asking for pity. He was working damn hard. He took care of his responsibilities all his life. His soc sec would cover, but he wants to do more so he works hard to earn more money.

And you're telling him to rot in the ground?

That's why I figured you didn't read the entire article. This is a hard-working guy, worked hard all his life, didn't get a fat pension, isn't sitting around posting on message boards, he's still out there giving value.

He even says he could get by without working - but he's choosing to work.

No idea why you're pissed off at him.

Because he's a Boomer and they are all scum.

Actually I I didn't read the article and assumed based on kens title he was crying more crocodile "woe is me" tears.

a decent retirement is NOT an expensive one.

You people pretend this guy should have saved enough when he made 6 figures to retire at a 6 figure income

He should have.....the Dude said he did it with only a GED.....

and there you have it.

the right says fuck you to anyone who didn't correctly save the amount people need to fund an expensive retirement.

Finances are NOT taught to kids for some reason.

People are just supposed to know this by osmosis I guess.

Guess why pensions were designed the way they are designed?

Because MOST human beings will not properly fund their retirements on their own.

You people just say FUCK YOU if you didn't.

Its how you see your fellow man.

You don't care about them and would happily watch them starve in the streets while you mocked them.

That is the sociopathic outlook.

pretend its not.

It still is.

human behavior is a reality.

its not you excuse to say fuck you to people in need.

Its a reason to BETTER design our system in the reality of true human behavior.

Your the reason people hate this country.

You don't give a rats ass about anyone.

Why

haven't

you

died

already

?

This is the kind of crap I was decrying. He wasn't asking for pity. He was working damn hard. He took care of his responsibilities all his life. His soc sec would cover, but he wants to do more so he works hard to earn more money.

And you're telling him to rot in the ground?

That's why I figured you didn't read the entire article. This is a hard-working guy, worked hard all his life, didn't get a fat pension, isn't sitting around posting on message boards, he's still out there giving value.

He even says he could get by without working - but he's choosing to work.

No idea why you're pissed off at him.

Then why is he bitching and moaning about his situation??

I know of no one and have never known anyone in the 6 figure range that works for an hourly wage. As others have mentioned, there are too many unanswered questions here to draw any conclusions whatsoever. Except for one that is only relative to portions of this conversation. As a boomer there ain't nobody here that's had more fun, more opportunities given and failed and offered up again, more experience in life in more ways than I can remember, etc. I listen to the complaints of my kids, the ME generation, my grandkids, the X generation and the more recent millenials and to be quite frank, they completely bore me. None of them know much or care much about any quests for a good and exciting life.

Petula

We need to introduce you to Jarod, super attorney....he probably charges his clients about 300 or 400 dollars an hour to whatever the hell he convinces them he
does....

The typical attorney fees in my area, Mississippi, are $125 to $175 per hour. Other than super duper capital crime defense attorneys, I know of none that command such fees as you suggest.

Petula

The national average was around $284 per hour, probably more these days....so your getting a deal in Ole Miss.....

So you do know some in that 6 figure range that work for an hourly wage. Now you have to a little research on the wages paid in Washington DC.....
its not uncommon for some secretary's to make over 100 grand....as a matter of fact, I've got a friend that works for the ??? that will retire with a 6 figure retirement pay....

Most lawyers do not work for hourly wages. They work for hourly fees and those fees can be double, triple, quadruple and beyond in collective imbursement for simultaneous work performed. Lawyers that do work for an hourly wage are generally in the upper 5 figure and some lower 6 figure range. I know of at least 40 lawyers working for Federal Express that make less than $70,000 annual. Others make more than that but these lawyers are very happy to get what they get.

Petula

Most lawyers do not work for hourly wages. They work for hourly fees and those fees can be double, triple, quadruple and beyond in collective imbursement for simultaneous work performed. Lawyers that do work for an hourly wage are generally in the upper 5 figure and some lower 6 figure range. I know of at least 40 lawyers working for Federal Express that make less than $70,000 annual. Others make more than that but these lawyers are very happy to get what they get.

Petula

considering they don't have to pay rent or secretaries or subscriptions to Westlaw out of their fees, $70k isn't bad........

Back