At What Point?

Why does this need to be a true story?

Where did Jesus go?
^^^ As a professional militant atheist, it's more emotionally satisfying to Perry PhD to believe the disciples got together and conspired to lie their asses off about the resurrection, than it is to consider a rational and plausible medical explanation.

I very specifically wrote he might have been mortally wounded by the experience and would have died shortly thereafter.

^^^ As a professional militant atheist

The only person who has ever thought I was a militant atheist is you. I'm the guy on here who, unlike you, actually values the words of Jesus. Ironic, no?

, it's more emotionally satisfying to Perry PhD to believe the disciples got together and conspired to lie

I honestly don't know how many times I have to tell you but I did NOT call them liars. So far YOU are the ONLY PERSON to call them liars.

their asses off about the resurrection, than it is to consider a rational and plausible medical explanation.

Your hypothesis appears to be: JESUS WAS A SLINK OUT OF TOWN IN THE DARK OF NIGHT CON MAN. OR The disciples buried him later on and lied by not telling anyone.

I'm not entirely certain that's an "improvement" over what you think my position is.

I very specifically wrote he might have been mortally wounded by the experience and would have died shortly thereafter.

So why did no one record that?

Nope, instead they said he "disappeared" from in front of them. Presumably to go to Heaven.

So, at what point do we tell our children that there is no Santa Claus, no Easter Bunny, or that babies don’t come from storks?

Where do we start providing them with critical thinking skills where they can begin to separate fact from fiction?

That people really can’t walk on water, that one boat can’t fit all animals, that rainbows are from the refraction of light, that people aren’t resurrected?

Where do schools draw the line on perpetuating myths without being at risk for offending someone’s theology?
when you're ready to teach them that big pharma and media lie and that morality is rational.
:truestory:

The only person who has ever thought I was a militant atheist is you. I'm the guy on here who, unlike you, actually values the words of Jesus. Ironic, no?

I honestly don't know how many times I have to tell you but I did NOT call them liars. So far YOU are the ONLY PERSON to call them liars.

Your hypothesis appears to be: JESUS WAS A SLINK OUT OF TOWN IN THE DARK OF NIGHT CON MAN. OR The disciples buried him later on and lied by not telling anyone.

I'm not entirely certain that's an "improvement" over what you think my position is.

So why did no one record that?

Nope, instead they said he "disappeared" from in front of them. Presumably to go to Heaven.
Your free to believe in vast conspiracy and extensive webs of lies.

I'm considering a rational and scientific medical explanation.

You don't read Greek so you don't know what the New Testament actually says, and you have no training or skill to be able to discriminate historical data points from metaphor from poetic liscence

I NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT.

Why are you incapable of debating what someone ACTUALLY said?

As am I. You just don't like it. I can only imagine why.

You don't read Greek

Do you?

so you don't know what the New Testament actually says, and you have no training or skill to be able to discriminate historical data points from metaphor from poetic liscence

And you do? PLease, do tell, Wikipedia Scholar, what all do you know?

The Jewish historian Josephus wrote that he knew of two people who survived crucifixion.

In gospel of Mark, Pontius Pilate is surprised at how rapidly Jesus died on the cross. Only six hours. Death by crucifixion could sometimes take days.

A rationally credible and medically plausible explanation for the resurrection is that Jesus was only comatose and mortally wounded when he was taken off the cross, and recovering three days later - which might have seemed to him as if being resurrected from the dead.
That's insulting to every believer,and you'll pay for that disgusting remark!

^^^ As a professional militant atheist, it's more emotionally satisfying to Perry PhD to believe the disciples got together and conspired to lie their asses off about the resurrection, than it is to consider a rational and plausible medical explanation.

You are not an atheist, Sybil.

You have many religions, including the Church of Green, the Church of the Ozone Hole, the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Covid, the Church of Hate, the Church of No God, and of course the Church of Karl Marx.

The Democrat party is a conspiracy. No 'belief' is necessary.
You deny science, mathematics, logic, history, and the English language.
You don't read Greek so you don't know what the New Testament actually says, and you have no training or skill to be able to discriminate historical data points from metaphor from poetic liscence
Nope. You can't cancel the Bible that way!

Nothing personal Cypress just business ! And it's completely your choice whether you chose to be "tares" or "Wheat "
At the Harvest

It's hard to believe that Jerry Fallwell Jr. and Majorie Taylor Green get to go to paradise, while Ghandi and the Dali Lama are going to be roasted in hell.
I asked my mom something very similar when I was 9 or 10. She was a very devout Christian as well as a Sunday school teacher. Her answer is why I walked away and found a different path.

I asked my mom something very similar when I was 9 or 10. She was a very devout Christian as well as a Sunday school teacher. Her answer is why I walked away and found a different path.

John 14:6 is pretty clear. But it is highly unlikely any moderate Christian would be OK with consigning Ghandi to the flames of hell. So a new exegesis will some day arise and the faith will morph and evolve.

Religion always evolves to try to catch up with advances in our civilization as we learn that "other people" aren't necessarily ipso facto evil.

Back