BABY BACK RIBS, TOO!

Just rub your ribs with your favorite dry rub and let them sit in the fridge over night. Then place them in a roasting rack and pop them in the oven at 250 deg F for about 2.5 to 4 hours (175 - 180 deg f internal temp). Take them out and let them rest about 20 minutes. Coat them generously with your favorite sauce. Pop them back in the oven directly under the broiler and cook till sauce begins to carmalize, turn and cook till carmalized. Repeat with a second coating.

These will be as good as anything you’ll try at a BBQ Competition except it lacks the smoky flavor.

Now don’t get me I love the smoky flavor but it’s a lot of trouble and effort to do right. Cooking them low and slow in your oven is a lot easier and it’s 95% as good as what you get out of smoker. Don’t get me wrong that last 5% is worth the effort if you really want that smokehouse flavor but it’s not absolutely necessary to make great ribs quick and easy.

Mott!!

Thank you for these instructions.

I used a basic SGP (4:2:1) dry rub on pork brisket rib tips and followed your instructions above and Oh My....they were delicious. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce, un-doctored. The meat was tender with a wee bit of chewy, perfect. In other words, the meat did not fall off the bones, as it shouldn't. The dry rub gave it a nice flavor to compliment the sauce. I've copied and saved the instructions for future use. Thanks again, Mott.

Back