Bama is going all the way

We need to learn to score touchdowns from the red zone again. It's gotten ridiculous, our FG kicker is about to break a freakin school record, because we can't find the end zone. The past two weeks should have been blowouts, but we had to settle for 3 instead of 7 so many times, it allowed the other team to stay in the game. Allow Florida or LSU to stay in the game, and it's over.

I've said all along, I think this is Alabama's year, and we could win a NC. I still hope we can, but we have some problems that need to be corrected for that to happen, I think. So far, we are really lucky to be undefeated. We've just managed to have some great player step up and make a huge play (or two) and seal the win. I think our gameplan against UT sucked, we were dominating with the run, then we abandoned it to pass! WTF? If they can't stop it, why abandon it? Julio looks like a wash for this season, he has been double and triple covered all year, but that means a couple of players have no coverage, and we should be exploiting that more. God love our field goal kicker, but why can't he kickoff to the end zone? It's embarrassing... I've seen longer kickoffs in high school! You'd think someone on the team could kick the ball to the goal line?

Anyway, enough of my rant. We're winning, and that is all that really counts at the end of the day, I guess I shouldn't complain.

~~ROLL TIDE!

It's never as bad as it feels after a bad game, and you guys didn't even lose.
It takes a little luck to win a NC and you got a triple dose from the idiots at Tenn sat.
Saban will keep the D bad ass, and the throwing will be back for LSU.

I don't get into what if's too much, way too much season left.
The big ten doesn't get and doesn't deserve 10% of the respect that the SEC gets.
Showing teams beat with wins is comical, where they against the likes of High school teams USC plays ie the bottom half of the big ten?
Ohio Slow is going to expose Iowa in my opinion.
At least LSU controls it's own destiny.
Hmmm I sense a little bias. Pretty bold words from people who are too scared to play outside their back yard or in less than 60 deg weather. Right now Iowa is the best team in the country and judging from the level of play this season the SEC grit munchers aint matching up to these midwestern corn feds.

The biggest problem with your "what if" scenarios is that LSU has to come to Tuscaloosa and play Bama. And Bama will have had two weeks to get ready. Smart money would be on Bama in that game. And the rest of our schedule is going to fall our way. MS State is run oriented, and that won't happen against us.

Our passing offense is a joke. But with an extra week to recover and regroup, Saban will have the offense clicking enough to win out the remainder of our schedule.

And our defense can stop anybody out there as long as we don't leave them on the field for 45 mins of the game.

This game was our stumbling, as most teams have. The upside is that we didn't lose.

I see Bama facing Texas, Iowa, or even USC in the NC game.
Oh yea that's a real big if. It's the only real obstacles in Bama's way to a NCG other than Florida and, to a lesser extent Aubron. Anyone else would be a major, major upset. Having said that. If Bama brings their B game against LSU like they did against the Vols, they will lose.

Hmmm I sense a little bias. Pretty bold words from people who are too scared to play outside their back yard or in less than 60 deg weather. Right now Iowa is the best team in the country and judging from the level of play this season the SEC grit munchers aint matching up to these midwestern corn feds.

I'm a big Iowa fan, met a bunch of em at the Capital One Bowl when they pulled the miracle play vs LSU.

Who have they beaten the paper tigers at Penn State???
They prob don't even play Mich, if they get by Ohio Slow then they could be #4. LSU went as far as we could go you little girl, and we beat the team that beat mighty USC.

Dude put down the crack pipe.
Here me know believe me later. LSU wins out it's who's playing LSU in the championship game.
That's just simply not true. If Texas, Iowa or USC win out they would all be placed in the BCS poll ahead of LSWho even if LSWho wins out LSWho will need to have all three of those teams lose to get a NCG bid. But what the hell, that's pretty much what happened two years ago. I can pretty much guarentee this too. If the only undefeated teams at the end of the season are Cincinatti, TCU and Boise, then either TCU or Cincinnati will play in the NCS game either against the Pac 10 or SEC champ.

That's just simply not true. If Texas, Iowa or USC win out they would all be placed in the BCS poll ahead of LSWho even if LSWho wins out LSWho will need to have all three of those teams lose to get a NCG bid. But what the hell, that's pretty much what happened two years ago. I can pretty much guarentee this too. If the only undefeated teams at the end of the season are Cincinatti, TCU and Boise, then either TCU or Cincinnati will play in the NCS game either against the Pac 10 or SEC champ.

I don't really like what if's, but you insist on playing. Please read a little big slow fan. If LSU wins out, that means they beat #2, and #1 in the BCS with only a loss to then #1. No way we are kept out, you can argue who deserve's to play us. I'm telling you we win out we're in. Boise state can go get beat by 50 like Hawaii did. Cincinati is for real but from a joke conference and so is TCU. They might get BCS games, just not the NC game.

We need to learn to score touchdowns from the red zone again. It's gotten ridiculous, our FG kicker is about to break a freakin school record, because we can't find the end zone. The past two weeks should have been blowouts, but we had to settle for 3 instead of 7 so many times, it allowed the other team to stay in the game. Allow Florida or LSU to stay in the game, and it's over.

I've said all along, I think this is Alabama's year, and we could win a NC. I still hope we can, but we have some problems that need to be corrected for that to happen, I think. So far, we are really lucky to be undefeated. We've just managed to have some great player step up and make a huge play (or two) and seal the win. I think our gameplan against UT sucked, we were dominating with the run, then we abandoned it to pass! WTF? If they can't stop it, why abandon it? Julio looks like a wash for this season, he has been double and triple covered all year, but that means a couple of players have no coverage, and we should be exploiting that more. God love our field goal kicker, but why can't he kickoff to the end zone? It's embarrassing... I've seen longer kickoffs in high school! You'd think someone on the team could kick the ball to the goal line?

Anyway, enough of my rant. We're winning, and that is all that really counts at the end of the day, I guess I shouldn't complain.

~~ROLL TIDE!
I can't disagree with you Dix. I think Bama and Iowa are the best two teams in the country right now.

Do ya'll play LSWho away or at home?

I'm a big Iowa fan, met a bunch of em at the Capital One Bowl when they pulled the miracle play vs LSU.

Who have they beaten the paper tigers at Penn State???
They prob don't even play Mich, if they get by Ohio Slow then they could be #4. LSU went as far as we could go you little girl, and we beat the team that beat mighty USC.
Dude, go check the numbers. The Hawkeyes have played the toughest schedule of any team in the top 10. How many undefeated teams has LSWho beaten this year? LSWho has only played two teams with better than 5 wins and they lost one of those. There's probably not a single team in the SEC who could have won that game, under those conditions, at Happy Valley that night, so put up or shut up! LOL

BTW, Iowa has beaten Michigan and PSU and MSU and the Cheeseheads. If they beat OSU this year, it's arguably the best team in Hawkeye history and one of the best teams in Big 10 history.

I'm still rooting for LSU to be the BCS busters this year! :good4u:

Look I'm just pointing out where your wrong. Your jumping on LSU is your good team envy and looking at Ohio Slow I can see why.
You were the one saying LSU winning out not me.

Penn State is the only good team Iowa has beaten, if they beat you then they are prob in. wher is that game?

Look I'm just pointing out where your wrong. Your jumping on LSU is your good team envy and looking at Ohio Slow I can see why.
You were the one saying LSU winning out not me.

Penn State is the only good team Iowa has beaten, if they beat you then they are prob in. wher is that game?
By that standard LSWho hasn't beaten a good team.

I'll put money on it right now, Cinci, TCU and Boise will not play in the NCS game. At the end of the day, that damn computer somehow finds a way to pick the two most attractive fan draws among the contenders. I don't know what formula is used, but watch and see. It won't be some rinky-dink, it will be two top tier schools for the NC. My guess now is Alabama/Texas.

BAMA vs LSU is in BAMA
Again Mott, I've been modest with my lsu expectations all year. Your turning me laughing at Ohio Slow into something more than LSU being the team that put you into the current tailspin.

I'll put money on it right now, Cinci, TCU and Boise will not play in the NCS game. At the end of the day, that damn computer somehow finds a way to pick the two most attractive fan draws among the contenders. I don't know what formula is used, but watch and see. It won't be some rinky-dink, it will be two top tier schools for the NC. My guess now is Alabama/Texas.
Well I was making that comment on the basis that between now and then FL, Bama, TX and IA all suffer a loss. In which case, considering all the poltics and possible legislation the BCS wants to avoid, I'd say there's a good shot that TCU or Cincy would get a shot at the title. But that's a big if. I tend to agree with you though. If I was a betting man I'd say that it's going to be Bama vs IA or Texas.

BAMA vs LSU is in BAMA
Again Mott, I've been modest with my lsu expectations all year. Your turning me laughing at Ohio Slow into something more than LSU being the team that put you into the current tailspin.
Tailspin? Dude, we lost a handfull of games. We won 10 games last year and are on track to win 10 games this year. If that's a tailspin, I'm all for tailspining.

In away, I don't blame the SEC from being chicken shit. Considering how the BCS works, it's not in your interest to play a tough non-conf schedule. Look at what Florida is getting away with. Bama is the only SEC team with the balls to play a top tier non-conf team and that's why they or Iowa should be #1 and not Florida.

Tailspin? Dude, we lost a handfull of games. We won 10 games last year and are on track to win 10 games this year. If that's a tailspin, I'm all for tailspining.

In away, I don't blame the SEC from being chicken shit. Considering how the BCS works, it's not in your interest to play a tough non-conf schedule. Look at what Florida is getting away with. Bama is the only SEC team with the balls to play a top tier non-conf team and that's why they or Iowa should be #1 and not Florida.

yeah against light house of the blind and little sisters of the poor.
You played legit USC, and the handed you your ass twice, once at home.
We pounded you into oblivion.
If the SEC needed stregnth of schedule it would go outside, and the cycle will eventually turn. But for the last couple decades the SEC has been head and shoulders above no 2 conf big 12, no3 Pac ten and no 5 big ten:clink:

yeah against light house of the blind and little sisters of the poor.
You played legit USC, and the handed you your ass twice, once at home.
We pounded you into oblivion.
If the SEC needed stregnth of schedule it would go outside, and the cycle will eventually turn. But for the last couple decades the SEC has been head and shoulders above no 2 conf big 12, no3 Pac ten and no 5 big ten:clink:
Yes, we know. Legends in your own minds. That's probably why most SEC fans don't want a play off.

Back