Beckham

He the new PM ? I do not really have an opinion on him if that is who you are talking about.
Of course if he is a Bush Bud then he drops to the bottom in my opinion.

A poncey footballer (what you call Soccer player)...

He was captain of England, played for Manchester United and Real Madrid, now he has moved to the LA Galaxy in a bid to convince you Merkins to join in the World's football frenzy...

Married to the thing formerly known as Posh Spice, who was in a band called the Spice Girls that were supposed to take over the US in Beatles fashion back in the 90's...

Arrived the other day to much Merkin press attention, 5000 fans turned up just to see him sign for the club...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/14/ap/entertainment/main3057873.shtml?source=search_story

Give it six months and you'll all stop playing rounders and padded rugby and be dribbling footballs with your feet like the rest of us.... lol

A poncey footballer (what you call Soccer player)...

He was captain of England, played for Manchester United and Real Madrid, now he has moved to the LA Galaxy in a bid to convince you Merkins to join in the World's football frenzy...

Married to the thing formerly known as Posh Spice, who was in a band called the Spice Girls that were supposed to take over the US in Beatles fashion back in the 90's...

Arrived the other day to much Merkin press attention, 5000 fans turned up just to see him sign for the club...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/14/ap/entertainment/main3057873.shtml?source=search_story

Give it six months and you'll all stop playing rounders and padded rugby and be dribbling footballs with your feet like the rest of us.... lol

Oh, well, I've heard of the Spice Girls at least, but his arrival has gone unnoticed by me.

Oh, well, I've heard of the Spice Girls at least, but his arrival has gone unnoticed by me.

His departure would have gone unnoticed by me, if our press didn't inform us everytime the guy farts....

On the plus side, if you get to hear him say anything, that should keep you entertained, he sounds like Mickey Mouse....

Like Darla I have heard of the spice girls. But I have no interest in the local US sports, let alone Soccer. The resulting riots can be interesting though ;)

His departure would have gone unnoticed by me, if our press didn't inform us everytime the guy farts....

On the plus side, if you get to hear him say anything, that should keep you entertained, he sounds like Mickey Mouse....

LOL. Ok, I'll keep an ear out.

The resulting riots can be interesting though

It takes years of ingrained tribalism between teams for you to get the full effect of football hooliganism, I doubt you'll be lucky enough to get them for many years...

Can't see the NY Cosmos fans kicking off with LA Galaxy fans in the stands for a while...

Maybe you guys could organise something as a halftime show, until hooliganism officially builds up a head of steam....

I think Beckham will be disappointed in the average American's lack of care about his sport.

The Galaxy are paying him the equivilent of a small country's GDP, I doubt he'll be that bothered.... lol

On the other hand, football does seem to be gaining ground in the US....

I think Beckham will be disappointed in the average American's lack of care about his sport.

The Galaxy are paying him the equivilent of a small country's GDP, I doubt he'll be that bothered.... lol

Probably 95% illegal immigrant support.

There's a chance, but maybe cos the US national team isn't shite anymore, and kids are being brought up with it now....

I have no problem with soccer gaining ground here, but it's always going to be soccer to us. We have football.

There's a chance, but maybe cos the US national team isn't shite anymore, and kids are being brought up with it now....
It was tongue in cheek. I personally love the sport.

And yes, we finally can make a showing. We pulled a draw with this past World Cup winner....

Fricking divers.

I have no problem with soccer gaining ground here, but it's always going to be soccer to us. We have football.

Don't mean to point out the obvious but surely football should entail using a foot and ball? lol

And yes, we finally can make a showing. We pulled a draw with this past World Cup winner....

Yup, the US team looks better every WC, but to be up there with the European and South American national teams on a regular basis you need a strong and competitive national league like the English Premiership or the Italian La Liga...

Back