Beckham

If sports are considered a negative then why do communities fight so hard for funding the kids teams? You must not have played many sports because youth sports teach all kinds of life lessons; leadership, teamwork, sacrifice etc. that one might never learn sitting in a classroom. That's not to say youth sports are perfect but the idea that they take away from kids is far off base.

:)
A lot of that is for the parents competetion not the childrens.....

Any you must be in England. Soccor does not get over miniscule tv ratings in the us. Totally a fringe sport for small boys who don't develop properly

But outside the small pond of US sport, football is huge. Even the Australians and the Chinese have the bug, only the US prefers its own sports..

As for development, come off it, baseball is essentially rounders, a game played in back yards by little girls everywhere else in the world, and probably the most boring spectator sport on the planet.

Gridiron or whatever it is called, as I said, essentially fat lads who crash into each other wearing padding, have a break for five minutes, then do it again???
This from the people who give us Cricket, where people seem to randomly run back and forth between sticks that they call "wickets" after hitting a ball that was "bowled" at them. Games can last days. Yes people, I am not kidding days. And in the middle they break for tea.

Then there is this group to your north that created this other game where people hit a small ball around then walk after it in an attempt to be first to get it into a small hole. They also brought us the haunting tones of bagpipes, but that is a different subject.

Other "sports" brought to you by the famously "sporting" Brits would be Croquet and for those who couldn't handle those pads that the American's use as weapons in real football they created "Rugby" where people randomly pick up or drop a ball on the ground while running around then taking breaks before picking that ball back up again then dropping it while others cheer at random moments when nothing is happening....

Yeah, the Brits have real room to talk about "boring" sports.

And I dare any rugby player to stand and be hit by those pads that Football players wear, they have a hard surface and provide them the ability to hit much harder without self-injury while pressing the most damage to the target.

A poncey footballer (what you call Soccer player)...

He was captain of England, played for Manchester United and Real Madrid, now he has moved to the LA Galaxy in a bid to convince you Merkins to join in the World's football frenzy...

Married to the thing formerly known as Posh Spice, who was in a band called the Spice Girls that were supposed to take over the US in Beatles fashion back in the 90's...

Arrived the other day to much Merkin press attention, 5000 fans turned up just to see him sign for the club...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/14/ap/entertainment/main3057873.shtml?source=search_story

Give it six months and you'll all stop playing rounders and padded rugby and be dribbling footballs with your feet like the rest of us.... lol

NEVER!

I am THE EMPEROR!

Victoria Beckham's US media blitz backfires
Jul 17 05:57 AM US/Eastern

Victoria Beckham's attempts to woo the US media since arriving in Los Angeles soccer star husband David appear to have backfired, with critics savaging a reality show she has appeared in.

"Victoria Beckham: Coming to America," was originally intended as a mini-series, but trimmed to a one hour special by the NBC network.

Billed as a revealing special that "delves into Victoria's larger-than-life world to reveal, among other things, her wicked sense of humor and style," the show failed to impress the mainstream media.

The New York Post gave the show a damning zero-star review, slamming the pop-star turned fashion figure as "relentlessly self-promoting" with "vapid, condescending behavior" in a show described as "an orgy of self-indulgence."

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070717095703.m5v18dk0&show_article=1

And I dare any rugby player to stand and be hit by those pads that Football players wear, they have a hard surface and provide them the ability to hit much harder without self-injury while pressing the most damage to the target.

If the rugby player wasn't also wearing pads, you might have a point... Have you seen how hard rugby players hit each other without pads?

As for cricket, I agree that it is dull to watch, almost as dull as rounders (sorry baseball) but it seems to be popular across the world, as does rugby.

Croquet isn't a sport, it is a pastime.

Of the sports that are extant at the minute, British invented sport is predominant across the world. Even US sports are based on them, baseball - rounders, US football - rugby etc

But football still reigns supreme, it is the world's game. Only the US resists it....

we don't care outside our country anyold, we are the greatest sports country by 1,000 fold

Ha ha ha ha!
Well, considering most of the nation cares little about the sport yet Americans did so well against a tough group in the World Cup Tournament...

It may very well be a sign that Americans really are teh sheeezy!

You guys are so funny! Hello, all sports are bo-ring.

No wondere Duhla is manless!!!

some of us men feel the same way. I would not care if all pro sports suddenly ended and the money and energy was directed to something more productive.
Just think if all money directed at only pro football was directed towards education....

Well, considering most of the nation cares little about the sport yet Americans did so well against a tough group in the World Cup Tournament...

What have you won exactly?

Where's the smilie with two thumbs pointing at itself?....

Hmmm....

That's because I'm not joking. No wonder I have never been able to get a man interested in me. I know nothing about Derek Jeter except that he has a nice ass. I can't tell you how many times I've been sitting somewhere, and a man has looked me up and down, and then asked if he can buy me a drink. And I've said yes, and then the first question they always ask is "so, what do you know about baseball?" And then i say, well, nothing. And then they always get up and leave with a disgusted look.

I expect that by this time tomorrow I will have bagged myself a real live man. You'll see.

Back