Behind the Roar of Political Debates, Whispers of Race Persist

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

By DAVID PAUL KUHN | 11/5/08 12:27 AM EDT

Text Size
-
+
reset

Barack Obama, who will be the nation’s first African-American president, won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976 amid a backdrop of economic anxiety unseen in at least a quarter-century, according to exit polls by The Associated Press and the major television networks.

Obama became the first Democrat to also win a majority since Jimmy Carter with the near-unanimous backing of blacks and the overwhelming support of youth as well as significant inroads with white men and strong support among Hispanics and educated voters.

The Illinois senator won 43 percent of white voters, 4 percentage points below Carter’s performance in 1976 and equal to what Bill Clinton won in the three-man race of 1996. Republican John McCain won 55 percent of the white vote.

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

saying your party is not racist when they cant even win 4% of the black vote is insane.

fuck you very much

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15297.html

By DAVID PAUL KUHN | 11/5/08 12:27 AM EDT

Text Size
-
+
reset

Barack Obama, who will be the nation’s first African-American president, won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976 amid a backdrop of economic anxiety unseen in at least a quarter-century, according to exit polls by The Associated Press and the major television networks.

Obama became the first Democrat to also win a majority since Jimmy Carter with the near-unanimous backing of blacks and the overwhelming support of youth as well as significant inroads with white men and strong support among Hispanics and educated voters.

The Illinois senator won 43 percent of white voters, 4 percentage points below Carter’s performance in 1976 and equal to what Bill Clinton won in the three-man race of 1996. Republican John McCain won 55 percent of the white vote.

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

poor racists are paying the price

saying your party is not racist when they cant even win 4% of the black vote is insane.

fuck you very much

Yet you as a white person will claim any black person that doesn't vote Democratic is not really black. Your game is very transparent. So yes fuck me very much.

fuck you very much

To the Republicans not being racist means not being 'black'. It is racist to choose not to be a redneck from Lyncher's Landing, obviously, or wear shoes!

" any black person that doesn't vote Democratic is not really black"

go get the quote you claim exists

" any black person that doesn't vote Democratic is not really black"

go get the quote you claim exists

First of all I'm not reading through your 35,000 post on this board. That might cause me to shoot myself. Secondly you know how you feel about black Republicans So don't act surprised at what I said.

Back