Best Album of The 80's

You all know you were thinking it, you were just too ashamed to admit it...

Twisted Sister - Love is For Suckers!

Distantly behind any U2 is the Police - Synchronisity, Home by the Sea

Also Sting - The Dream of the Blue Turtle, Russians

You know which metal hair-band sounds really dated and cheesy today?

POISON. They sound horrible today. Cheese factor to "eleven". And back in the 80s everyone thought they were the bomb. ....Except me: I was into Iron Maiden and Motorhead ;)

Motorhead rocks my socks.

Hey one thing we pretty much agree on WM :clink:

I don't know why, but as soon as we hit the 80's all music became an overproduced pile of shit and people started to dress the ugliest I've ever seen human's dress. I'm amazed at how much better things were in the 70's, really. A terriffic fall from the 60's, all of it. But then came the 90's, which were mediocre... and the 00's, which is like living the 90's a second time...

Seriously, all rock in the 80's was power chords and long, annoyingly distorted guitar solos. All of the singers just sounded weird, like they were trying way too hard.

I don't know why, but as soon as we hit the 80's all music became an overproduced pile of shit and people started to dress the ugliest I've ever seen human's dress. I'm amazed at how much better things were in the 70's, really. A terriffic fall from the 60's, all of it. But then came the 90's, which were mediocre... and the 00's, which is like living the 90's a second time...

Seriously, all rock in the 80's was power chords and long, annoyingly distorted guitar solos. All of the singers just sounded weird, like they were trying way too hard.

"as soon as we hit the 80's....people started to dress the ugliest I've ever seen human's dress. I'm amazed at how much better things were in the 70's, really."

I take it you're unfamiliar with the concept of polyester pants, leisure suits, and platform shoes?

70s clothes were a nightmare, kid.

You've gone completely insane. The 70's were probably the coolest decade ever. Butterfly collars, aviator sunglasses, unbittoned shirts with jewelry....

Way cooler than anything the world has seen before or since.

You've gone completely insane. The 70's were probably the coolest decade ever. Butterfly collars, aviator sunglasses, unbittoned shirts with jewelry....

Way cooler than anything the world has seen before or since.

How old are you beefy?

Did you ever actually have to wear polyester?

How old are you beefy?

Did you ever actually have to wear polyester?

I'm 31, and I did have poyester suspenders that my mom gave me when I was 2. And I'll tell you what, I just felt cool.; Never like that since.

"as soon as we hit the 80's....people started to dress the ugliest I've ever seen human's dress. I'm amazed at how much better things were in the 70's, really."

I take it you're unfamiliar with the concept of polyester pants, leisure suits, and platform shoes?

I stated that the sixties was probably the best decade. The seventies was as good, but it was fucking heaven compared to the eighties. The fact that the nighties ranks above the eighties in my opinion is a rather signifigant fact.

And why hasn't the 00's changed anything? The 00's is a new 90's! I may have grown up in the ugliest generation ever, but I've certainly grown up in the most boring.

Off the top of my head:

-Disintegration: The Cure

-In My Tribe: 10,000 Maniacs (Natalie Merchant – best female vocalist ever)

-Back in Black: AC/DC

-The Unforgettable Fire: U2

-Fables of the Reconstruction: REM

-Ghost in the Machine: The Police

-Pretenders: The Pretenders (Chrissy Hynde – second best female vocalist ever)

-Appetite for Destruction: Guns and Roses

Major, major oversight:

Billy Idol: Rebel Yell.

You can't even think of the 1980s, without recalling that song "Rebel Yell".

Cypress...Best ALBUM of the 80's.

I can name a hundred great songs of The 80's who came from artists who do not belong in this list.

Two examples:

1) Come On Eileen
2) (I Just) Died In Your Arms

Both are AMAZING songs, but do not rate mention in a best ALBUM discussion

Back