Best Type of Asian Cuisine

What Asian Cusine is Best?

• Total voters
Geez. Olive Garden... Tight? Just Geez. It's a one-size fits all churn and burn Italian restaurant.

It's good for a quick family gathering but "tight"?

Go to Maggioli's...
Considering that the nicest resturant I've ever dined at (3 times now) is Buca di Beppos, then yes, I would say that the Garden is pretty tight. Now, maybe if I had dined at at a fancy venue with filet mignon and bills running upwards of $1000, then I would think differently...

Look dipstick, my post was in response to a pair of posters calling someone a faggot for answering chinese.

Its called context. Perhaps you have heard of the concept?

Go back to explaining how dangerous the reptilian hybrids are, it suits you.

No stooge, you were needless explaining the obvious, similar to a way a moron would. Stop being so tedious.

I went to Olive Garden tonight because my roommate had a giftcard burning a hole in his pocket. Never been there before, but it is pretty tiight. The place was packed so we sat at the bar.

The Olive Garden is to Italian cooking what McDonalds is to French cuisine.

My wife made asian style oxtails the other day.

First she seasoned them and browned about 4lb of them in a pot. She then deglazed the pan with a little red wine, added some rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, beef broth, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, green onion and lemon grass. She then braised them for 3 hours. She then placed the oxtails in a casserole dish and strained the braising liquid to take out the solids and let that cool in the fridge till the fat congealed and removed it. She then poured the defatted liquid over the oxtails and added an 8 oz pack of shitake mushrooms and popped that in the oven for an hour at 350 F while spooning the broth over the oxtails about every 10 minutes.

She served it over Jasmine Thai rice (the broth became like a gelatin and was to die for) garnished with some green onion with some baby bock choy she broiled. My contribution was a German red wine (dornfeilder) and it was a little bit of heaven on earth.

Last edited:
My wife made asian style oxtails the other day.

First she seasoned them and browned about 4lb of them in a pot. She then deglazed the pan with a little red wine, added some rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, beef broth, garlic, ginger, green onion and lemon grass. She then braised them for 3 hours. She then placed the oxtails in a casserole dish and strained the braising liquid to take out the solids and let that cool in the fridge till the fat congealed and removed it. She then poured the defatted liquid over the oxtails and added an 8 oz pack of shitake mushrooms and popped that in the oven for an hour at 350 F while spooning the broth over the oxtails about every 10 minutes.

She served it over Jasmine Thai rice (the broth became like a gelatin and was to die for) garnished with some green onion with some baby bock choy she broiled. My contribution was a German red wine (dornfeilder) and it was a little bit of heaven on earth.

Wow. An oxtail has never sounded so good.

That's true.

It's kind of like what George Carlin said about pizza.

He said. "Pizza is like sex, when it's good it's very, very good and when it's bad, it's still pretty damned good!"
I agree pizza, which is the best food ever. And yes, my favorite is the product made by Pizza Hut. When it comes to food I am not a snob at all. Beer is a different matter. I was aghast that the Olive Garden bar had, of three beers on tap, Blue Moon in-between Bud and Bud Lighter. Absolutely criminal! and the one thing about them that was not tight.

I could probably find Thai food if I bothered to drive down to Biloxi or Gulfport. I've never even eaten at an Asian restaurant before. I just don't feel like it. I've got McDonald's like five miles away.

All American boy. Just likes burger and Freedom Fries.
And maybe a synthetic Shake.
:usflag:

Back