Bill & Belinda?.. What's this about?

Well, because they never once attempted to run, nor even put forward a trial baloon about it? Come on you have to truly be deliberate in ignorance to even attempt to ask this question!

How do I know? Because of their action.

There werent' no call, from no quarter, for Barbara Bush to run for dog catcher.

But that had nothing to do with her lack of "ambition" right Damo?

I don't know, actually. It may be that it is the team that made the man... That it was one of the reasons that she stuck with him through it all, because the two of them together are far larger than either would ever be alone...

There werent' no call, from no quarter, for Barbara Bush to run for dog catcher.

But that had nothing to do with her lack of "ambition" right Damo?
Who knows what Barbara Bush could have done with her life had that been what she wanted? You assume because she didn't spend the time working towards that and is what she currently is that she never could have gone there?

I don't. I do know that she never once even showed an interest in that side of things. However, other women that have have also been promoted in this same way...

It seems that you keep missing my actual example of such so you can keep attempting to poke at Barbara... Ridiculous.

I don't even particularly like Hillary.

But, lets face it: she deserves to be there. She's one of the brightest and sharptest tools in the shed. A true policy wonk, and shrewd operator.

There are a LOT of dull-witted dunderheads in the senate. Hillary is head and shoulders above many of them.

Who knows what Barbara Bush could have done with her life had that been what she wanted? You assume because she didn't spend the time working towards that and is what she currently is that she never could have gone there?

I don't. I do know that she never once even showed an interest in that side of things. However, other women that have have also been promoted in this same way...

It seems that you keep missing my actual example of such so you can keep attempting to poke at Barbara... Ridiculous.

Barbara bush made different choices in life. Marriage, kids, and staying at home. Yeah, maybe she could have gone to harvard business school and been a star. But, she chose not to.

Hillary was alwasy on a rocket ship. She made choices in life, and was determined to succeed in the legal profession and the realm of public policy.

apples and oranges.

Barbara bush made different choices in life. Marriage, kids, and staying at home. Yeah, maybe she could have gone to harvard business school and been a star. But, she chose not to.

Hillary was alwasy on a rocket ship. She made choices in life, and was determined to succeed in the legal profession and the realm of public policy.

apples and oranges.
Exactly... Using tools to get where you want to go, such as marriage, is an age-old thing that can help you get where you want. That I personally don't think as highly as I do of those who get there without such won't likely change because people can bring up examples of others who have, or that somebody is real smart. So are many others.

I have been consistently against legacy families since you and I have first met, pretending otherwise so I can back-pat Hillary? I don't think so!

This is so Absurd Damo....

Hillary made it to running for president because she has a husband....

But all those MEN in Congress made it there WITHOUT the help of their wives.

And all of those other women senators made it there ONLY because of their HUSBANDS.....

good going damo...

your foot can't go much farther down that throat of yours.... ;)

care

Exactly... Using tools to get where you want to go, such as marriage, is an age-old thing that can help you get where you want. That I personally don't think as highly as I do of those who get there without such won't likely change because people can bring up examples of others who have, or that somebody is real smart. So are many others.

I have been consistently against legacy families since you and I have first met, pretending otherwise so I can back-pat Hillary? I don't think so!

So you really are against Bush then...?????

So you really are against Bush then...?????

If memory serves, I believe Damo voted for President Bush in 2000 but not in 2004....

I could be wrong, but he was a supporter of President Bush in the beginning and not a gore supporter.....

I don't know, actually. It may be that it is the team that made the man... That it was one of the reasons that she stuck with him through it all, because the two of them together are far larger than either would ever be alone...

Oh you think?

In which case, Hillary did not become Senator because of who she married, but rather her own talents and her own intellect played a huge role.

First of all I have no idea of what your "actual example" is Damo

Second of all, you make the ludicrous assumption that intellect plays no role in the existence and development of ambition. Does this mean that all ambitious people have superior intellects? No. But, most with superior intellects do have ambition to something more than motherhood.

Libbie Dole certainly had the ability... However, I would say much the same about her had she run...

Oh, Dole is your "example".

Your example of what? Don't you mean she's your further example of your incredible and, apparently unconcious, sexism?

Elizabeth Dole, a Duke and Harvard graduate, who also attended Oxford, was an extremely politically accomplished woman BEFORE she ever set eyes on Bob Dole, you incredible jackass.

She was an accomplished woman who met and married an accomplished man. She owes none of what she has or is to her husband.

Good God, I feel like throwing a shoe at you.

If memory serves, I believe Damo voted for President Bush in 2000 but not in 2004....

I could be wrong, but he was a supporter of President Bush in the beginning and not a gore supporter.....

Well, either he didn't ever vote for Bush and has "consistently" been against "legacy families." Or he did vote for Bush and has just recently become "consistently" against "legacy families." Or he doesn't consider the Bush family a "legacy family" becuase he thinks that unlike women who must always have the help of their husbands, Bush did everything he ever did without the help of his father, from acces to the Texas Air Natonal Guard during Vietnam, to his connections that allowed him to parlay a half -assed oil drilling company into an international conglomerate, to his work with this father's presidential campaigns and his work with his father during his father's administration. Or maybe he defines Legacy family in a way that makes it a female thing. He really hasn't defined it yet as far as I can tell.

In any event I think at this point it is incumbant on him to define what he means by "legacy family" maybe it only applies to married couples.

This is so Absurd Damo....

Hillary made it to running for president because she has a husband....

But all those MEN in Congress made it there WITHOUT the help of their wives.

And all of those other women senators made it there ONLY because of their HUSBANDS.....

good going damo...

your foot can't go much farther down that throat of yours.... ;)

care
Read again, Care. I am more impressed by those who make it with their own work rather than that of others. Hillary is Senator in a state that wouldn't have voted her for Senator and speculation of running for President began before she even ran for Senator. This would not have happened without her husband. Period. And we are talking specifically of this one person, not of all women, etc.

You keep passing by my actual comments to throw up this strawman.

I will ask you one more time, Care...

Would Hillary be the Senator of New York State, as a carpetbagger coming from Arkansas (or let's assume Illinois as that is where she originally is from) without first being the first lady to Clinton? Really look within and actually honestly answer that question...

Do I think it would be possible for her to become a Senator? Sure I do... But with early speculation of Presidential runs? Before she actually ran for Senate even? No. As the Senate Seat being her very first elected position in government? Nope. Would it be in New York just after moving there? No fricking way....

Do you see where I am going here, Care? Attempting to say she used none of the benefit of the name of her husband is ridiculous, totally and unequivocally she did... Is it my opinion that she stayed with a cuckholding husband to keep that benefit? Yes, it is. Do I think less of her for it? You bet I do. Do I want my girls to emulate her? Hell, no!

Read again, Care. I am more impressed by those who make it with their own work rather than that of others. Hillary is Senator in a state that wouldn't have voted her for Senator and speculation of running for President began before she even ran for Senator. This would not have happened without her husband. Period. And we are talking specifically of this one person, not of all women, etc.

You keep passing by my actual comments to throw up this strawman.

I will ask you one more time, Care...

Would Hillary be the Senator of New York State, as a carpetbagger coming from Arkansas (or let's assume Illinois as that is where she originally is from) without first being the first lady to Clinton? Really look within and actually honestly answer that question...

Do I think it would be possible for her to become a Senator? Sure I do... But with early speculation of Presidential runs? Before she actually ran for Senate even? No. As the Senate Seat being her very first elected position in government? Nope. Would it be in New York just after moving there? No fricking way....

Do you see where I am going here, Care? Attempting to say she used none of the benefit of the name of her husband is ridiculous, totally and unequivocally she did... Is it my opinion that she stayed with a cuckholding husband to keep that benefit? Yes, it is. Do I think less of her for it? You bet I do. Do I want my girls to emulate her? Hell, no!

Anyone else could write this same form of tirade against our currrent occupant of the White House George Bush. Yet you don't. You say you have been "consistently" against "legacy families." How do you define legacy families? If you had sons would you want them to emulate George Bush?

And if so why?

Until Bill was elected President, Hillary was in many ways more accomplished than her husband:

-Staff attorney for Watergate Impeachment
-Staff Attorney of Children's Defense Fund
-Faculty member of Univ. of Arkansas Law School
-Appointed by President Carter to Board Member of Congressional Legal Services Corporation
-First female partner of Rose Law Firm
-Twice named by National Law Journal, as one of American's top 100 lawyers
-Served as Board Member for numerous multi-billion dollar Corporations

All before Bill was even elected president.

Yeah, I'd love it if my daugher in law emulated her.

Anyone else could write this same form of tirade against our currrent occupant of the White House George Bush. Yet you don't. You say you have been "consistently" against "legacy families." How do you define legacy families? If you had sons would you want them to emulate George Bush?

And if so why?
Yet I do. You haven't read the thread... You make assumptions again? Man, you are a glutton for abuse. I do not like Bush and have stated that I have the same dislike for the way he got there, IN THIS VERY THREAD!

Until Bill was elected President, Hillary was in many ways more accomplished than her husband:

-Staff attorney for Watergate Impeachment
-Staff Attorney of Children's Defense Fund
-Faculty member of Univ. of Arkansas Law School
-Appointed by President Carter to Board Member of Congressional Legal Services Corporation
-First female partner of Rose Law Firm
-Twice named by National Law Journal, as one of American's top 100 lawyers
-Served as Board Member for numerous multi-billion dollar Corporations

All before Bill was even elected president.

Yeah, I'd love it if my daugher in law emulated her.
At least before she got cuckholded and held on to it regardless for the name...

I would not want my daughter to emulate those actions. I would love for my daughter to become a Senator, just not at the cost she paid.

Oh, Dole is your "example".

Your example of what? Don't you mean she's your further example of your incredible and, apparently unconcious, sexism?

Elizabeth Dole, a Duke and Harvard graduate, who also attended Oxford, was an extremely politically accomplished woman BEFORE she ever set eyes on Bob Dole, you incredible jackass.

She was an accomplished woman who met and married an accomplished man. She owes none of what she has or is to her husband.

Good God, I feel like throwing a shoe at you.
What a looney. Dole is an example of an accomplished woman who was put forward to run for President because of the name of her husband. Ignoring her accomplishments because it doesn't fit well with your argument isn't very becoming.

Well, either he didn't ever vote for Bush and has "consistently" been against "legacy families." Or he did vote for Bush and has just recently become "consistently" against "legacy families." Or he doesn't consider the Bush family a "legacy family" becuase he thinks that unlike women who must always have the help of their husbands, Bush did everything he ever did without the help of his father, from acces to the Texas Air Natonal Guard during Vietnam, to his connections that allowed him to parlay a half -assed oil drilling company into an international conglomerate, to his work with this father's presidential campaigns and his work with his father during his father's administration. Or maybe he defines Legacy family in a way that makes it a female thing. He really hasn't defined it yet as far as I can tell.

In any event I think at this point it is incumbant on him to define what he means by "legacy family" maybe it only applies to married couples.

:)

Back