Black Pill Wrongness: Getting yours and letting it burn is wrong.

Ask me how I know you don't go grocery shopping ever.

I go all the time. At least once a week, and usually twice or more.

There's still food, but it's going to get worse.

Two years ago, things were bad. But even then, there was enough food to eat. We just could not get all the types of food we wanted. Right now, things are fine, at least where I live.

I have noticed that the alt right constantly makes wild predictions, and then treats those predictions as evidence. You predict there will be food shortages in the future, and then demand we elect the only president to cause real food shortages in recent history. You demand we treat your prediction as more important than actual events that happened.

I'm sure Walmart will post record profits for the quarter

Walmart has been hit hard by Amazon. There is a social divide, where the more affluent half of America goes with Amazon, leaving the rest to Walmart. It is not doing badly, but is not growing. It is just sort of sitting there.

Ones that actually have cashiers would be good.

I am in that in-between age where I sometimes miss cashiers, but often prefer to convenience of just getting what I want.

Apparently so many people were that that slogan is commonly put on placards as light humor in the home.
You have been talking a lot about violence, so not light. And there does not seem to be much humor in your posts.

He claims to be a pacifist but hate like his often leads to violence. Hence my ranking him on JPP's Top 10 most probable suicide bombers.

Some people are very unhappy and want to blame others for their unhappiness.

Part of the problem is many people no longer want to be content. They want to be ecstatic 24/7. It is not healthy.

When you see someone so happy they are crying, they are so happy it is actually hurting them. It is something to be avoided if possible. Take small doses of happiness over a long time, rather than sudden huge doses of happiness all at once.

Part of the problem is many people no longer want to be content. They want to be ecstatic 24/7. It is not healthy.

When you see someone so happy they are crying, they are so happy it is actually hurting them. It is something to be avoided if possible. Take small doses of happiness over a long time, rather than sudden huge doses of happiness all at once.
Interesting observation. Agreed it wouldn’t be healthy. Also not fullfilling.

Microdosing happiness? Good concept. Agreed on a steady state of bliss.

Interesting observation. Agreed it wouldn’t be healthy. Also not fullfilling.

Microdosing happiness? Good concept. Agreed on a steady state of bliss.

Good term for it. I am going to steal your term, thank you.

I have successfully microdosed happiness in my family life, but not so much in my financial life. Though I live well below my means, so am not a complete failure in microdosing financial success.

Good term for it. I am going to steal your term, thank you.

I have successfully microdosed happiness in my family life, but not so much in my financial life. Though I live well below my means, so am not a complete failure in microdosing financial success.

I treated my savings like ammunition and going on a long mission where I never knew if that ammunition was going to be enough. Therefore I conserved it as much as possible until retirement. Now, my house is paid for, my pension and SS are predictable and it's easier to see how much I'll need in the future.

I’ll take both! You need those big doses of happiness, too, like when grandchildren are born! I’m so happy I cry, and then they bring me small doses.

I treated my savings like ammunition and going on a long mission where I never knew if that ammunition was going to be enough. Therefore I conserved it as much as possible until retirement. Now, my house is paid for, my pension and SS are predictable and it's easier to see how much I'll need in the future.

Yes, I too have become fanatical about saving. There seems to be a lot of people like us, and a lot of people the exact opposite of us.

I’ll take both! You need those big doses of happiness, too, like when grandchildren are born! I’m so happy I cry, and then they bring me small doses.

I certainly would never want to win the lottery. You have a ten times greater chance of going bankrupt after winning it big. Everyone is gunning for you, because they think you did not earn the money. You are basically more miserable.

Yes, I too have become fanatical about saving. There seems to be a lot of people like us, and a lot of people the exact opposite of us.

I read a study once that people tend to carry the same percentage of debt in their lives. While it's possible for them to change, it takes time.

An example would be those who win large Lottos and suddenly have millions of dollars. As the link below states, 70% go broke in seven years. Some, as the link goes onto explain, meet worse ends. People are funny and I confess I don't understand why they do such things.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/curse-of-the-lottery-the-tragic-stories-of-big-jackpot-winners
Curse of the lottery: The tragic stories of big jackpot winners
According to the New York Daily News, 70 percent of lottery winners end up broke within seven years. Even worse, several winners have died horribly or witnessed those close to them suffer....

...According to the Houston Press, shortly before his death, Harrell Jr. confided to a financial adviser: "Winning the lottery is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." - Commander Spock, "Amok Time"

I certainly would never want to win the lottery. You have a ten times greater chance of going bankrupt after winning it big. Everyone is gunning for you, because they think you did not earn the money. You are basically more miserable.

GMTA. See previous post.

TBH, I doubt you or I would be among the 70%.

I read a study once that people tend to carry the same percentage of debt in their lives. While it's possible for them to change, it takes time.

That sounds about right. I see a surprising number of people with high six figure incomes who have maxed out credit cards, and they tend to be the same people who had maxed out credit cards when they were in college and making closer to minimum wage.

An example would be those who win large Lottos and suddenly have millions of dollars. As the link below states, 70% go broke in seven years. Some, as the link goes onto explain, meet worse ends. People are funny and I confess I don't understand why they do such things.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/curse-of-the-lottery-the-tragic-stories-of-big-jackpot-winners
Curse of the lottery: The tragic stories of big jackpot winners
According to the New York Daily News, 70 percent of lottery winners end up broke within seven years. Even worse, several winners have died horribly or witnessed those close to them suffer....

...According to the Houston Press, shortly before his death, Harrell Jr. confided to a financial adviser: "Winning the lottery is the worst thing that ever happened to me."

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." - Commander Spock, "Amok Time"

Lots of very rich people go broke, which always seemed weird to me. The psychology of money is very odd.

My wife is trying to get me to spend a bit more. I don't know.

GMTA. See previous post.

TBH, I doubt you or I would be among the 70%.

I think we would be targets of people around us. They would say we did nothing to earn the money, so why do we deserve the money more than they do? Why not give the money to them?

And then there is the violent crimes. Everyone who is looking for easy money will learn you made easy money. They might kidnap your family members.

One piece of advise is to take the money and run. Some people, your family, you take with you, but you never have contact with everyone else again. I could never follow that advice.

I am a little paranoid about it all. I recently had a neighbor offer me a job for $20 an hour, not realizing that I make a lot more than that. I keep my finances secret from my neighbors.

Back