Boston Legal was cancelled

Anyway seen Raising the Bar? Anyway, the best show on tv right now is House.

I know it's just based on a character that's a huge exaggeration of the worn out "Dr. Jerk" TV trope, but I do love House. It just goes to show you that you can make something unoriginal entertaining if you do it well enough.

The only regular programing I watch is Scrubs reruns.

That show is funny shit.
South Park and House. I like those, Scrubs is cool too but that last season it got to be all girly weird for a comedy.

And the History Channel, Sci-Fi channel, Discovery, TLC....

I'm a TV geek. If I'm not learning something cool I get bored.

South Park and House. I like those, Scrubs is cool too but that last season it got to be all girly weird for a comedy.

Have you watched anything on the DYI network yet? Some of it is pretty good. If we could just get these folks (HGTV included) to stop performing and do what we're watching them to do!

Have you watched anything on the DYI network yet? Some of it is pretty good. If we could just get these folks (HGTV included) to stop performing and do what we're watching them to do!
No, I'll have to add that to my favorites list and give it a test run.

They're probably all caught up in the awesome power of the fishing channel and the way they posture in desperation for an audience...

I never watched it in anything but reruns.

I love the humor and human sentiment in it , its a perfect mix for me.

It took me a year to figure out the past and present and I found that even fun, like little mysteries for me to figure out.

Otherwise its stuff like the daily show and Colbert, Reno 911 reruns and the History,science and REAL crime and police shows.

Oh yeah and Bill Marh.

I am forced to watch Mixed Marshal Arts alot.

I never watched it in anything but reruns.

I love the humor and human sentiment in it , its a perfect mix for me.

It took me a year to figure out the past and present and I found that even fun, like little mysteries for me to figure out.

Otherwise its stuff like the daily show and Colbert, Reno 911 reruns and the History,science and REAL crime and police shows.

Oh yeah and Bill Marh.

I am forced to watch Mixed Marshal Arts alot.
I get annoyed by the MMA, they won't let them use much of the stuff I know and I get annoyed by the "helpless" positions they get in when there is sooo much they could do to pWn from even what appears to be a hopeless situation.

My guys like it. My son got into it so my husband purposely took an interst in it.

I have to admitt it can be very entertaining.

Its really interesting when you know the peoples abilities better and you can talk about how this one and that one would fight if paired up.

This one can take a hit and is a real good ground pounder and that one cant really do a standing game but is a killer at getting at submission and is like a master exscape artist.

Not my favorite thing to watch but can be interesting.

I get annoyed by the MMA, they won't let them use much of the stuff I know and I get annoyed by the "helpless" positions they get in when there is sooo much they could do to pWn from even what appears to be a hopeless situation.

Well Damo, it's often easier to criticize than to do. People who are watching others are extremely critical of what they do and think it's the easiest thing in the world, but when they actually get out and do it they find out it's not so easy.

I once saw a cartoon about this: a guy was sitting on a couch, watching a massive muscly man struggle to pick up a huge amount of weights, and he had an idea bubble in his head that pictured his scrawny frame easily being able to do it.

I absolutely hate South Park, and I am not a fan of Scrubs. House, on the other hand, is the epitome of tv greatness. As Watermark said, it may not be original, but it sure is entertaining.

Well Damo, it's often easier to criticize than to do. People who are watching others are extremely critical of what they do and think it's the easiest thing in the world, but when they actually get out and do it they find out it's not so easy.

I once saw a cartoon about this: a guy was sitting on a couch, watching a massive muscly man struggle to pick up a huge amount of weights, and he had an idea bubble in his head that pictured his scrawny frame easily being able to do it.
The difference here, Watermark, is years upon years of martial arts training behind what I can picture myself doing.

Your silly analogy is worthless and based on willful ignorance as I have stated many times before that I do martial arts training.

The difference here, Watermark, is years upon years of martial arts training behind what I can picture myself doing.

Your silly analogy is worthless and based on willful ignorance as I have stated many times before that I do martial arts training.

Which one/s? Bo Tai, Judo, Karate?

Cool, that's a nice mix there.
They are all very different and each took some getting used to. While they often can't be said to "compliment" each other, they each add something. TKD adds speed in reaction, KF speed to target, Haikido adds timing, Ninjitsu balance and anatomical knowledge...

They are all very different and each took some getting used to. While they often can't be said to "compliment" each other, they each add something. TKD adds speed in reaction, KF speed to target, Haikido adds timing, Ninjitsu balance and anatomical knowledge...

And "gun" pretty much defeats all of that.

Well, if you were to be in MMA, you would definitely need the jujitzu for fighting on the ground, so its a must. Its sad going to a semipro MMA tournament (okay, I've only been to one so far) and watching boxers and karate fighters dominate the upper level only to fail miserably at getting a submission and either lose by points or finally get reversed and submitted.

People seem to think all they need is a 3-second shoulder blade pin, such as in wrestling, which is what I did in middle school and have some knowledge of.

Well, if you were to be in MMA, you would definitely need the jujitzu for fighting on the ground, so its a must. Its sad going to a semipro MMA tournament (okay, I've only been to one so far) and watching boxers and karate fighters dominate the upper level only to fail miserably at getting a submission and either lose by points or finally get reversed and submitted.

People seem to think all they need is a 3-second shoulder blade pin, such as in wrestling, which is what I did in middle school and have some knowledge of.
Many of the things in Ninjitsu that would get you out of most of the submission moves are not allowed. It irritates me. I have just begun the Jujitsu and Kenpo, so I have yet to see what they will add. Throughout it all, Kung-Fu is the one I have most consistently stuck with.

Back