Boycott Barilla?

You write well, which is why a lot of people think you're intelligent (and why I did for awhile). And writing well does speak to a certain kind of intelligence.

But on general issues, you're a dope of epic proportions.

Yeah I know, I was really smart till the day I disagreed with you.

You're turned your hurt feelings into some sort of profound epiphany about my intelligence and believe you've birthed a movement in support of poor misunderstood white guys.

Deep.

Yeah I know, I was really smart till the day I disagreed with you.

You're turned your hurt feelings into some sort of profound epiphany about my intelligence and believe you've birthed a movement in support of poor misunderstood white guys.

Deep.

I think you meant to say "you've turned."

Companies that are more LGBT friendly:
http://www.glaad.org/blog/keeping-homophobia-table

Kraft Macaroni & Cheese - Kraft Foods Inc. is a long-time supporter of the LGBT community. For example, they're the company behind 2012's Oreo Pride ad. To satisfy some of your pasta needs, whip up some infamous Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. Tip: Grab some Oscar Meyer wieners, owned by Kraft, while you're at it. My mom would often top off mac and cheese with hot dog pennies when I was growing up, and it was awesome.

Pillsbury Crescent Rolls – Add some flakey, buttery elegance to your meal while giving yourself an excuse to giggle infectiously a la everyone's favorite doughboy. If you're not in the mood for pasta, Pillsbury also makes a variety of pizza crust dough products if you're looking to have a make-your-own pizza night.

Cascadian Farms – Like Pillsbury, organic Cascadian Farms is owned by General Mills, a company that supports marriage equality and has opposed anti-marriage campaigns in the past. They even made the hate group National Organization for Marriage angry as a result. Green Giant is also in the same LGBT-inclusive family, should you be looking for additional veggie options.

Hidden Valley – Summer's over, so we can all (thankfully) give up on eating dry salads. But assuming you're still down for a pre-dinner salad bowl, Hidden Valley, a brand of Clorox, has a smooth track recording of supporting equality. They even have a line of hate-free pasta salads. For the main course, KC Masterpiece (another Clorox brand) barbecue sauces, marinades, and seasonings ought to do the trick.

Pasta – Just in case you're really jonesing for a pasta night—or just need a quick and easy dinner—HRC has listed a few LGBT-friendly alternatives, including Target's Market Pantry brand, Chef Boyardee, DeBolles, Rosetta, and General Mills' Macaroni Grill line. When it comes to sauce and other fixings, Bertolli's got you covered. They did what Barilla's chairman refuses to do years ago: featuring gay couples in their ads since 2009. [embed video?]

Aquafina – The bottled water, as well as Naked juice, Tropicana, Gatorade, SoBe Life Water, and Lipton (just to name a few), are under the parent company PepsiCo. Pepsi has been a strong supporter for advocacy groups like Human Rights Campaign and PFLAG.

Dasani – If you're more loyal to Coca-Cola, that's okay, too. The beverage brand, which includes vitaminwater, Odwalla, POWERade, Hi-C, Sprite, and Seagram's Ginger Ale, also maintains excellent relationships with its LGBT employees and consumers.

Ben & Jerry's – Treat yourself: it should come as no surprise that Ben & Jerry's has been a long, strong supporter of marriage equality—and just an all-around dependable pick-me up after a long day. Breyers Ice Cream and Popsicle are other brands belonging to Ben & Jerry's parent company Unilever, another high-scorer on workplace equality.

As for where to pick up these LGBT-friendly noms, Safeway and Target are both strong supporters of LGBT equality. Don't let Guido Barilla's hateful comments get you down. Serve up a loving meal, and—to quote a great queen-- "make them eat it."

See article for links

When it's not a white straight christian man complaining, you know the complainer MUST be hypersensitive. How dare women, minorities, LGBT people possibly get offended when their way of life is denigrated? it's all their fault for not being white straight men.

Of course, that has to be it. No one is really all that sensitive - going through life offended is a great way to go.

You're smarter when you're calling people racists and telling them they have to prove otherwise.

This stuff gets so out of hand. Gay groups are calling for a boycott on Barilla because their chairman said this:

""I would never do (a commercial) with a homosexual family, not for lack of respect but because we don't agree with them. Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role"

Such incendiary comments. And in the same interview, he said he supported gay marriage.

what do they not agree with?

don't they know gays include women?

You write well, which is why a lot of people think you're intelligent (and why I did for awhile). And writing well does speak to a certain kind of intelligence.

But on general issues, you're a dope of epic proportions.

One would think that such a unilateral statement to be the least bit meaningful would require and include at least one example of what you are talking about. Since you have no such evidence we can only conclude that your comment represents sour grapes, or is the result of unrequited love!

It's a business decision, probably a smart one for advertising at this time.

it was a dumb statement.

Just IMO.

One would think that such a unilateral statement to be the least bit meaningful would require and include at least one example of what you are talking about. Since you have no such evidence we can only conclude that your comment represents sour grapes, or is the result of unrequited love!

Evidence of what? How dopey she is?

Take a look at this thread. America isn't hypersensitive? Really? Or, maybe her position supporting the dramatic cutting of emissions, which even AGW scientists say won't affect the environment one iota, but which will cost millions of jobs. Or maybe thinking that it's okay to call anyone who thought the Zimmerman verdict wasn't a travesty a member of the KKK. Or maybe thinking that Social Security is sustainable with just a few "tweaks."

I actually can't remember a Darla position that was sound & well-informed. Her best contribution on the board consists of lame one-liners.

America isn't hypersensitive? Really? Or, maybe her position supporting the dramatic cutting of emissions, which even AGW scientists say won't affect the environment one iota, but which will cost millions of jobs. Or maybe thinking that it's okay to call anyone who thought the Zimmerman verdict wasn't a travesty a member of the KKK. Or maybe thinking that Social Security is sustainable with just a few "tweaks."

Nope, America isn't hypersensitive.

Yes, we have to cut emissions, even if it takes years to have an impact; and they WON'T cost millions of jobs

Yes, the Zimmerman verdict was a travesty -and she never called you a member of the KKK, we just all pointed out your racist sentiments (now who is being hypersensitive? oh right when it's a white man it's ok)

And yes, Soc Sec is sustainable with a few tweaks.

Darla - smart. You - getting dumber.

Nope, America isn't hypersensitive.

Yes, we have to cut emissions, even if it takes years to have an impact; and they WON'T cost millions of jobs

Yes, the Zimmerman verdict was a travesty -and she never called you a member of the KKK, we just all pointed out your racist sentiments (now who is being hypersensitive? oh right when it's a white man it's ok)

And yes, Soc Sec is sustainable with a few tweaks.

Darla - smart. You - getting dumber.

Well, allow me to retort.

America IS hypersensitive, whether it's reacting to the Dixie Chicks or Paula Deen. On both sides of the fence - people are afraid to speak. If you can't see that, you are truly blind.

I'm all for transitioning to green energy, but not at the expense of jobs. The Clinton admin determined that even a SMALL cut in emissions, if implemented too rapidly, would cost 900,000 jobs. And the recent AGW report said that even if we go COLD TURKEY today, it will still be centuries before any difference is achieved. Oh - what's your factual evidence, tekky?

Darla thanked a poster for saying I was in the KKK.

SS is going to be bankrupt by 2037, tweaks or no tweaks. Again - where is your factual evidence? You're just saying stuff. Have you studied it at all?

"Darla thanked a poster for saying I was in the KKK"

Jesus Christ I told you I hadn't even noticed that part of the post, I stated outright several times on the thread that I didn't think you were a racist, BAC outright called you a racist scumbag, among other names, throughout the entire thread, you called a truce with him and have been crying about my thanking a post for months.

There's something seriously wrong with you, and at this point it's just funny. YOu know who left the board because I thanked a post? YURT! Hilarious. You better get someone to rub some diaper rash cream on your butt Onceler.

What a display.

As far as SS goes, you've been schooled too many times to count, by myself, by DH, and probably by others, with plenty of facts. YOu've completely ignored them, put your hands over your ears, sang "olallalallalalalalal I can't heearrr youuuuu" and in a pale imitation of Tom's imitation Rainman said over and over "nope, it's running out, period".

You're a fucking moron on SS, always were. A actual out and out retard. You're a waste of time because you are impervious to fact.

Last edited:
Evidence of what? How dopey she is?

Take a look at this thread. America isn't hypersensitive? Really? Or, maybe her position supporting the dramatic cutting of emissions, which even AGW scientists say won't affect the environment one iota, but which will cost millions of jobs. Or maybe thinking that it's okay to call anyone who thought the Zimmerman verdict wasn't a travesty a member of the KKK. Or maybe thinking that Social Security is sustainable with just a few "tweaks."

I actually can't remember a Darla position that was sound & well-informed. Her best contribution on the board consists of lame one-liners.

She must have dumped you hard, huh? If these are actually representations of your positions then I would say everything you are saying about her here is nothing more than projection.

Back