Burgers!

I cook my short ribs in a pressure cooker with water and onions for 20 minutes.. Then run them under the broiler for 6 minutes. They are wonderful.
That sounds good and easy---I'll have to drag out the pressure cooker...thanks!

I cook my short ribs in a pressure cooker with water and onions for 20 minutes.. Then run them under the broiler for 6 minutes. They are wonderful.

Short ribs are excellent just seared.

I happen to like chewy meats...so I do not mind what some might call tough. I've pan seared short ribs in a dutch oven...and then put a cover over for a short while...and eat 'em like that. I've nuclear seared chuck steaks...and enjoyed the hell out of 'em.

I don't even over cook my regular baby back ribs. Don't want them "falling off the bone."

Here are some I cooked during the winter in the oven: (click to enlarge)

100_2158 - Copy.jpg

Nice salad:

100_2219.jpg

And some French fries:

100_2159.jpg

That sounds good and easy---I'll have to drag out the pressure cooker...thanks!

They are fragrant and tender.. When you take them out of the cooking water, boil is down furiously to concentrate and pour a little of the liquid over the platter of finished short ribs.

I use to work with farmers and lived in dairy country. Those images of white plastic huts haunt me.

Ever seen a cow farm in Central California? They are basically in a standing cage with their head poking through bars to get their food and water.

Now the central coast is much better, they roam free like the old days.

The meat tastes a little different, but really hard to tell. If I was blind folded I'm not sure I could tell the difference. However, the cow lived a happier life before becoming my dinner, so I feel better..... Right?

Ever seen massive chicken farms? I almost went veggie after seeing a documentary on it.

I try my best to buy local because the animals aren't treated that way, but not always possible and for those without a good income, it is probably not affordable. Which really makes no sense because it is local,yet costs more.

Ever seen a cow farm in Central California? They are basically in a standing cage with their head poking through bars to get their food and water.

Now the central coast is much better, they roam free like the old days.

The meat tastes a little different, but really hard to tell. If I was blind folded I'm not sure I could tell the difference. However, the cow lived a happier life before becoming my dinner, so I feel better..... Right?

Ever seen massive chicken farms? I almost went veggie after seeing a documentary on it.

I try my best to buy local because the animals aren't treated that way, but not always possible and for those without a good income, it is probably not affordable. Which really makes no sense because it is local,yet costs more.

Lots of chicken farms here. They are in long barns, start off on one end and they move in large groups incrementally towards the far end, shit cleaned up with each move.

Lately I've been buying cage free, then free range eggs. Huge difference in taste.

I have done that with an Instant Pot. The results were excellent. Surprise rain taught me a new trick.

Back