"Can't Take It Anymore": Residents of Springfield Ohio Beg for Help After 20,000 Haitians Overwhelm City, Eat Local Wildlife

I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to be you and to live in your fear- and hate-filled world. The rest of us don't live there and want nothing to do with it. I'm so sorry for you.
JD Vance actually agrees with you:

That same month, Vance wrote on Twitter: “Trump makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc. Because of this I find him reprehensible. God wants better of us.”

JD Vance actually agrees with you:

That same month, Vance wrote on Twitter: “Trump makes people I care about afraid. Immigrants, Muslims, etc. Because of this I find him reprehensible. God wants better of us.”

"God wants better of us."

I'll keep saying it & saying it. The right is supposedly "Christian," but give me a break. Jesus Christ would NEVER be down w/ what they are doing to the Haitian community right now.

If you were to ask what caused me to change my tune about President Trump from 2016 to 2020, I could give you a few reasons. But what we're seeing in Springfield really drives it home.

Housing costs skyrocketing. Communicable diseases on the rise. Car accidents, crime, and insurance premiums moving up. Citizens complaining for months (or longer) and mostly ignored.

But it's not just what's happening, it's the way our leadership responds to it. Confronted with many of their citizens begging for relief, our broken elites offer only scorn.

"It is racist," they tell us, to get angry at being unable to afford a home, or to complain about being unable to drive a car safely down the streets paved by your neighbors, or to call 911 because strangers are slaughtering geese in a public park. They have ignored this town's problems for years. Now, they pay attention--not to focus their considerable wealth and power on helping their fellow citizens.

But to use their platform as a weapon against those who dare to notice that their lives have gotten worse.

"They are here legally," they tell us. Yes, they are here legally because Kamala Harris granted Temporary Protective Status to 100,000 Haitians. But Kamala Harris waving the magic amnesty wand is not a justification for the presence of 20,000 newcomers in Springfield. It is an indictment of her despicable open border.

Nothing justifies violence or the threat of violence levied against Springfield or its residents. We condemn both. But the existence of threats doesn't justify silencing those who wish to petition their leadership for a better life. There is no heckler's veto in our country. Donald Trump was shot in the head, and yet they still call him a "threat to democracy."

Yet it is Kamala Harris who is a threat to democracy. It is Kamala Harris who would rather import new voters than persuade the ones who are already here. It is Kamala Harris who would rather ignore the citizens of Springfield than undo the policies that hurt them. It is Kamala Harris who would rather censor her fellow Americans than listen to them.

What we are seeing from Kamala Harris and her enablers in the media is disgusting.

And there is only one person who has consistently stood up to Kamala Harris and the entire corrupt system she represents. There is only one person who has consistently fought for the people Kamala Harris laughs at or ignores.

Donald J. Trump for President.

Explosion of newcomers in dying Ohio city boosts its economy after decades of shrinking population - but not everyone's happy about it​

Japanese vehicle parts maker Topre was one of the first to arrive in 2017, followed by a microchip manufacturer, a logistics company, and many more.

About 8,000 new jobs were created by 2020, and they have only increased since then. But there were not enough workers to fill them.

Then Haitian immigrants elsewhere in the US, who were in the country legally, heard Springfield needed workers.

Willing to do the blue-collar jobs locals were unenthusiastic about and keen to pay lower rent than in big cities, they arrived in droves.

And there's the reality of the situation. MAGA mooks like Ziggy are STILL doubling down on the PATENTED DEBUNKED LIE about Haitians eating pets and such. All one has to do is look at his source material to know how absurd it is. The Orange Oaf is such a preposterous figure whether posting or doing live addresses, only a cult member or die-hard partisan, no rational person can take him seriously.

Our resident MAGA mooks are just besides themselves with the approaching realization that their Orange God is being exposed for the fraudulent con man and rapidly deteriorating sociopath that he is. Racists/white supremacists/christo-fascist and general political grifters are running the GOP...and the majority population is catching on ... so much to the point where all the gerry-mandering and voter suppression tactics of red state governors won't help. All the old stand by revisionist rhetoric and lies won't cut it anymore, either.

The popular vote in this country can only be over-ridden by the electoral vote so many times before THE PEOPLE say, "ENOUGH!" and take action.

You've got all types of right wing wonks and their political allies giving vague threats of a civil war if they don't get their way come November.

I say, be careful what you wish for.

If you were to ask what caused me to change my tune about President Trump from 2016 to 2020, I could give you a few reasons. But what we're seeing in Springfield really drives it home.

Housing costs skyrocketing. Communicable diseases on the rise. Car accidents, crime, and insurance premiums moving up. Citizens complaining for months (or longer) and mostly ignored.

But it's not just what's happening, it's the way our leadership responds to it. Confronted with many of their citizens begging for relief, our broken elites offer only scorn.

"It is racist," they tell us, to get angry at being unable to afford a home, or to complain about being unable to drive a car safely down the streets paved by your neighbors, or to call 911 because strangers are slaughtering geese in a public park. They have ignored this town's problems for years. Now, they pay attention--not to focus their considerable wealth and power on helping their fellow citizens.

But to use their platform as a weapon against those who dare to notice that their lives have gotten worse.

"They are here legally," they tell us. Yes, they are here legally because Kamala Harris granted Temporary Protective Status to 100,000 Haitians. But Kamala Harris waving the magic amnesty wand is not a justification for the presence of 20,000 newcomers in Springfield. It is an indictment of her despicable open border.

Nothing justifies violence or the threat of violence levied against Springfield or its residents. We condemn both. But the existence of threats doesn't justify silencing those who wish to petition their leadership for a better life. There is no heckler's veto in our country. Donald Trump was shot in the head, and yet they still call him a "threat to democracy."

Yet it is Kamala Harris who is a threat to democracy. It is Kamala Harris who would rather import new voters than persuade the ones who are already here. It is Kamala Harris who would rather ignore the citizens of Springfield than undo the policies that hurt them. It is Kamala Harris who would rather censor her fellow Americans than listen to them.

What we are seeing from Kamala Harris and her enablers in the media is disgusting.

And there is only one person who has consistently stood up to Kamala Harris and the entire corrupt system she represents. There is only one person who has consistently fought for the people Kamala Harris laughs at or ignores.

:ROFLMAO::beam:

The woman behind an early Facebook post spreading a harmful and baseless claim about Haitian immigrants eating local pets that helped thrust a small Ohio city into the national spotlight says she had no firsthand knowledge of any such incident and is now filled with regret and fear as a result of the ensuing fallout.

“It just exploded into something I didn’t mean to happen,” Erika Lee, a Springfield resident, told NBC News on Friday.

Other posts have also contributed to the false allegations, including a photo of a man holding a dead goose that was taken in Columbus, Ohio, but was spread by some online as evidence of the claims about Springfield. Graphic video of a woman who allegedly killed and tried to eat a cat was also found not to have originated in Springfield but in Canton, Ohio, and does not have any connection to the Haitian community.

Local police and city officials have repeatedly said there is no evidence of such crimes in Springfield, but that hasn’t stopped the lies from spreading across the country and igniting a national frenzy that landed on the presidential debate stage this week. Former President Donald Trump and his running mate Ohio Sen. JD Vance, who was born less than an hour away from Springfield, have repeated the baseless allegations.

www.nbcnews.com

'It just exploded': Springfield woman claims she never meant to spark false rumors about Haitians

The woman behind an early Facebook post that helped spark baseless rumors about Haitians eating pets told NBC News that she feels for the immigrant community.
www.nbcnews.com
www.nbcnews.com

Back