"Can't Take It Anymore": Residents of Springfield Ohio Beg for Help After 20,000 Haitians Overwhelm City, Eat Local Wildlife

I just remembered the one my brain was grasping for: shared psychosis.

It is sublime. I figured the day after the debate, the Trumpers here would be embarrassed and say something like 'well, he didn't actually mean it'. But no, they went with the 'eating the dogs, eating the cats' narrative. Even Vance admitted that 'maybe it isn't true but....' It's just completely bizarre.

It is sublime. I figured the day after the debate, the Trumpers here would be embarrassed and say something like 'well, he didn't actually mean it'. But no, they went with the 'eating the dogs, eating the cats' narrative. Even Vance admitted that 'maybe it isn't true but....' It's just completely bizarre.
You would think that after four years of Haitians getting temporary asylum, there would have been multiple news stories about pet eating yet there was nothing. It's strange that those Springfieldians who "saw" it never reported it. Now they're coming out of the woodwork.

You would think that after four years of Haitians getting temporary asylum, there would have been multiple news stories about pet eating yet there was nothing. It's strange that those Springfieldians who "saw" it never reported it. Now they're coming out of the woodwork.
Or it was covered up and now it is finally coming out.

Exactly. It is the 2024 version of the caravan. It will work out exactly as it did then. Not only that, it appears they may shut down the government. You can't make this shit up. I have never seen a party self destruct over the worship of a man. I think we are going to have a rout election.

The women who first reported the cat story is regretting it.

FWIW, I don't fault her. Silly people post stupid shit on FB all the time. It's those political leaders who take obscure FB posts and blow them up into a racist national issue that are to blame. In this case, Trump and Vance. If anyone is harmed, it is they who will be to blame, not some poor woman posting about a lost cat.

Woman whose post ignited false Springfield cat claim says it was based on rumor​

The woman whose social media post helped ignite false claims of pets being eaten in Springfield, Ohio, said Friday the post was based on a rumor and that she feels remorse for the Haitian immigrants.

Erika Lee, a Springfield resident, recently authored a post on Facebook, saying that her neighbor’s cat was lost and she was told it was because the pet was attacked by a Haitian immigrant.

Kimberly Newton, Lee’s neighbor, acknowledged this week to NewsGuard, “I don’t actually know the person who lost the cat.” Newton added that the cat’s owner was “an acquaintance of a friend.”

Now, Lee, has said she was sorry about the way the events unfolded, with the unfounded conspiracy theories about Haitian immigrants amplified by both former President Trump and his vice presidential pick, Ohio Sen. JD Vance (R).

“It just exploded into something I didn’t mean to happen,” Lee said in an interview with NBC News on Friday.

Lee, whose Facebook post has been deleted, stated she did not expect that local gossip would spiral into a national story.

Back