"Can't Take It Anymore": Residents of Springfield Ohio Beg for Help After 20,000 Haitians Overwhelm City, Eat Local Wildlife

BREAKING: SPRINGFIELD, OHIO UPDATE

American veteran DENIED Medicaid and forced to pay out of his own pocket while long lines of Haitian immigrants get in line to receive Child Care, Cash, SNAP, Medicaid, and other FREE benefits paid for you by you:the American taxpayer.

The security guard estimates a 9:1 ratio of Haitians to Springfield locals waiting in line for their benefits. Local welfare recipients are now forced to wait in line for hours at a time to accommodate the language barriers and lack of paperwork the Haitians bring with them.

I asked this veteran if he thinks the city is putting the American people first-- He said "Hell no."

BREAKING: SPRINGFIELD, OHIO UPDATE

American veteran DENIED Medicaid and forced to pay out of his own pocket while long lines of Haitian immigrants get in line to receive Child Care, Cash, SNAP, Medicaid, and other FREE benefits paid for you by you:the American taxpayer.

The security guard estimates a 9:1 ratio of Haitians to Springfield locals waiting in line for their benefits. Local welfare recipients are now forced to wait in line for hours at a time to accommodate the language barriers and lack of paperwork the Haitians bring with them.

I asked this veteran if he thinks the city is putting the American people first-- He said "Hell no."

The city of Springfield, Ohio - population 60,000, has been overwhelmed by roughly 20,000 Haitian illegal migrants, who flocked to the city - exacerbating a 'significant housing crisis' according to city officials, and eating pets and wildlife according to locals.

During an Aug. 27 City Commission meeting, one local resident said that Haitians were "in the park grabbing ducks, cutting the heads off, and eating them."

Another local resident posted to a Facebook group that their neighbor had a cat go missing - only to see it "hanging from a branch, like you'd do a deer for butchering, & they [the Haitians] were carving it up to eat."
While the cat claim has been refuted by as racist fear-mongering, others have provided receipts showing that cats are indeed part of Haitian cuisine.
Awesome, Legina!

Well, if Springfield is in such awful shape Let's just get a couple of buses and move all the Haitians just NE of Columbus to a much nicer area... They'd be welcomed, right ? With open arms... Springfield doesn't want them or need them...
Who cares what a bunch of Hillbillies want, they are here legally and it’s a free country. If the Hillbillies don’t like it well then it’s because they don’t understand or respect Ohio traditional egalitarian values where your judged by your character and actions and not where you come from. So if the Hillbillies of Springfield don’t like it let them move to Mississippi where they belong because they’re butternuts and not true Buckeyes and don’t belong in Ohio if they don’t believe in good old fashioned Buckeye values.

Who cares what a bunch of Hillbillies want, they are here legally and it’s a free country. If the Hillbillies don’t like it well then it’s because they don’t understand or respect Ohio traditional egalitarian values where your judged by your character and actions and not where you come from. So if the Hillbillies of Springfield don’t like it let them move to Mississippi where they belong because they’re butternuts and not true Buckeyes and don’t belong in Ohio if they don’t believe in good old fashioned Buckeye values
Ok... My best friend's dad was superintendent of Schools there for a long time. So I look at the situation a bit differently... But you're entitled to your opinion... If you're concerned about their Buckeye acceptance , perhaps invite them to D- town , where they would be more welcomed according to you... Because we do agree on at least one thing. There's nothing like old-fashioned.
Buckeye values...

Trump campaign and JD Vance promote false rumors about Haitian immigrants eating pets​

Several prominent Republicans, including the party’s vice presidential nominee Sen. JD Vance, promoted false claims on Monday that Haitian migrants in Ohio are killing and eating family pets.

It’s the latest turn in a campaign that has increasingly embraced race-baiting messaging, questioning Vice President Kamala Harris’ racial identity while seeking to undermine her immigration policies.

The rumors center on the Ohio city of Springfield, which has experienced a surge in recent migration from Haitians seeking to escape a Caribbean country that has been rocked from years of natural disasters, political assassinations and gang rule.

A post in a Springfield Facebook group recently claimed a neighbor’s daughter’s friend found their missing cat hanging from a branch at a Haitian neighbor’s home, and it was being prepped to be eaten, according to the Springfield News-Sun. Those rumors were picked up by conservative media and then spread on X, where they gained widespread traction on Monday.

“President Trump will deport migrants who eat pets,” a Trump campaign account posted to X. “Kamala Harris will send them to your town next. Make your choice, America.”

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz posted a meme showing two kittens embracing. Text overlaid on the image reads: “Please vote for Trump so Haitian immigrants don’t eat us.”

Vance posted a video of himself discussing migration to Ohio at a recent hearing. “Reports now show that people have had their pets abducted and eaten by people who shouldn’t be in this country. Where is our border czar?” Some accounts shared AI-generated pictures of Trump holding a cat in his hands while being chased by crowds of Black men.

The unsubstantiated claims appear to be the result of an unwieldy game of telephone that began as a rumor in a local Facebook group before spiraling to reach the highest echelons of conservative media and the Republican Party. They spread widely on X, whose owner, Elon Musk, has embraced the false rumors and posted several memes that promoted them.

Vance has no room to talk. Middletown is even worse than even Springfield for the social ills that these hillbillies bring into our State and their inability to adapt to Ohio’s values. As I’ve stated before if a wall needs to be built anywhere in the U.S. it needs to be built on the North Shore of the Ohio River to keep these Hillbillies and their huge social ills and self fulfilling cycle of poverty they bring with them out of our State. Let Kentucky tax payers pay their welfare.

Ok... My best friend's dad was superintendent of Schools there for a long time. So I look at the situation a bit differently... But you're entitled to your opinion... If you're concerned about their Buckeye acceptance , perhaps invite them to D- town , where they would be more welcomed according to you... Because we do agree on at least one thing. There's nothing like old-fashioned.
Buckeye values...
My impressions are based on the time I’ve spent in Springfield working on projects there. These immigrants have little to nothing with the major decline in Springfield and many of the folks I worked with were Hilljacks who didn’t like me not because of anything I did but because I’m a garden variety Buckeye. So their bitching about any immigrants falls on deaf ears as far as I’m concerned as those immigrants represent far less social ills for Springfield then these hilljacks do.

Buckeye values...
Which in your case equate to hate, fear, prejudice, bigotry, and xenophobia. Your SFEO doesn't pan out. Your alleged best friend is probably around our age -- 70 or so. Which would make her father in his late 90s or over 100. Odds are quite high that he retired long before these immigrants arrived, but served during the economic collapse Mott mentioned in the 70s, when the town was virtually all white.

If these LEGAL immigrants had been from a "white" nation like Slovenia or Estonia or Albania, this thread and its haters like you wouldn't exist.

Back