Catholic Humor

The Pope refused to kiss the tarmac when he arrived at Edinburgh airport because it was over eight years old.

The Pope is teaching his young nephew how to wank. "This is great" said the nephew. The pope replied "Wait until you're 13, you'll then be able to use your own cock!"

The Catholic Church so deserves it! What they did is an apostacy, pure and simple!
You don't know the whole story just bits of what you read in the papers yet you and SocTeaser. The fact is that other denominations have been just as or more problematic, and the public school system by a huge margin, yet you don't bash them.

You don't know the whole story just bits of what you read in the papers yet you and SocTeaser. The fact is that other denominations have been just as or more problematic, and the public school system by a huge margin, yet you don't bash them.
I was a member of a congregation that complained about Monsenior Murphy. He was abusing boys and he was also embezzling from our parish. They moved him from Anchorage to Missouri and put him in alcohol treatment. There were all kinds of needless tragedies tied to this man's action and how our diocese covered up his actions, even the embezzlement, so I know only too well what happens.

Growing up I was also giggled on a priest lap when he use to come to dinner at our home after Sunday mass. I got off and would never approach him, again. My cousin was not so lucky and I never told my mom, but my cousin told hers and she did not believe the story, I only found all this out a couple of years ago, I now wish I had said something to my parents, I did finally say something to my mother and this is how I found all this out! His name was Fr. Hanshack and he was a Dominican priest and he wasn't getting boys, he was getting girls and he was never brought to justice, either!

There are more stories in my personal lives that deal with priests and how they affected friends, but I won't bore you.

I was a cradle Catholic for 40 years and finally had had enough. I am free now and guilt free, it is wonderful! It was not easy at first, all those years of indoctrination, but now, I am free.

I was a member of a congregation that complained about Monsenior Murphy. He was abusing boys and he was also embezzling from our parish. They moved him from Anchorage to Missouri and put him in alcohol treatment. There were all kinds of needless tragedies tied to this man's action and how our diocese covered up his actions, even the embezzlement, so I know only too well what happens.

Growing up I was also giggled on a priest lap when he use to come to dinner at our home after Sunday mass. I got off and would never approach him, again. My cousin was not so lucky and I never told my mom, but my cousin told hers and she did not believe the story, I only found all this out a couple of years ago, I now wish I had said something to my parents, I did finally say something to my mother and this is how I found all this out! His name was Fr. Hanshack and he was a Dominican priest and he wasn't getting boys, he was getting girls and he was never brought to justice, either!

There are more stories in my personal lives that deal with priests and how they affected friends, but I won't bore you.

I was a cradle Catholic for 40 years and finally had had enough. I am free now and guilt free, it is wonderful! It was not easy at first, all those years of indoctrination, but now, I am free.

I'm sorry for your personal bad experiences, but for every Catholic priest that molested a child there's the same or more percentage of ministers from other denominations and 100 school teachers. That's a fact so if you want to bash Catholics you should bash these other as well or worse.

Why? They've gone well past humor and into the bashing territory.

Yes, it is bashing. But is it bashing the catholic church for its faith? For its dogma or doctrines?

No, it is bashing the church for molesting children and, especially, for the coverup and enabling of molesting children.

When it happens in public schools, the administrations fire the teacher. Only VERY rarely do they not.

Your defense of the church's acts by saying "other people do it too!" is pitiful.

Besides, those jokes were FUNNY!!! Well done, Soc.

Yes, it is bashing. But is it bashing the catholic church for its faith? For its dogma or doctrines?

No, it is bashing the church for molesting children and, especially, for the coverup and enabling of molesting children.

When it happens in public schools, the administrations fire the teacher. Only VERY rarely do they not.

Your defense of the church's acts by saying "other people do it too!" is pitiful.

Besides, those jokes were FUNNY!!! Well done, Soc.
The school districts also have to bring the police into the matter, whether they wish to or not! It is the law! The Protestants also fire their bad apples, but I could be wrong! If they don't, I will start slamming them!

The school districts also have to bring the police into the matter, whether they wish to or not! It is the law! The Protestants also fire their bad apples, but I could be wrong! If they don't, I will start slamming them!

I am sure you could find isolated cases in which the molester was not turned in to police. But they would be rare.

But the catholic church had a policy (from the top) to move pedophiles around and hinder prosecution of them. They enabled these freaks to continue destroying childrens lives for years.

You can list them until your little fingers bleed. But it does not change what the catholic church did one iota.

And every time someone bashes the catholic church for its documented protection of pedophiles, you scream bloody murder about public schools yada yada yada.

If you had spent one-tenth the energy condemning the catholic church that you did defending it with this "other places are worse" bullshit, you might have a point.

But you defended them. you supported them. You enabled them. Its this "other places are worse" nonsense that allowed the church to continue to destroy lives for decades. What should have been a sanctuary became a nightmare because the pedophiles were protected. You post a link showing someone said it might have been 100? The best estimates are that the cathjolic church knew about tens of thousands of molestations being reported all over the globe, and didn't do one damn thing to prevent or stop them.

You can list them until your little fingers bleed. But it does not change what the catholic church did one iota.

And every time someone bashes the catholic church for its documented protection of pedophiles, you scream bloody murder about public schools yada yada yada.

If you had spent one-tenth the energy condemning the catholic church that you did defending it with this "other places are worse" bullshit, you might have a point.

But you defended them. you supported them. You enabled them. Its this "other places are worse" nonsense that allowed the church to continue to destroy lives for decades. What should have been a sanctuary became a nightmare because the pedophiles were protected. You post a link showing someone said it might have been 100? The best estimates are that the cathjolic church knew about tens of thousands of molestations being reported all over the globe, and didn't do one damn thing to prevent or stop them.
There has been no institution that can compare, not event the Boy Scouts, we never claimed other organizations didn't do it, we just claim the Catholic Church is the worst of the lot with a long standing record, probably over centuries and not just decades if the truth be recognized. The Pope was right, the disease is within and DY is one of the sinners for not recognizing this scandal for what it is! The worst!

Irrelevant. What is relevant is that none of those professions had protection from the highest levels. None of those professions had the very top echelon shuffling people and denying allegations and even causing more harm.

The catholic church is in a league all its own. Not for the numbers of pedophiles, but for the protections and enabling done by the organization itself.

...we just claim the Catholic Church is the worst of the lot with a long standing record, probably over centuries and not just decades if the truth be recognized

Again:
Statistically, of all the professions, Christian clergy are least likely to offend. Doctors, Farmers and Teachers are the professions most likely to abuse children--not clergy

Back