Catholic Humor

At least you tried. But the study that your pro-catholic site cites has several weaknesses. First, the author of the book Phillip Jenkins, only talks about one study done in one diocese, Chicago. The "study" was an internal study done by the diocese itself. Would you let the Democrats do an internal study of ethics inside their party and then believe them when they tell you they are ethical? Me thinks not. The authors "statistics" can be found at http://www.zenit.org/article-3922?l=english where he talks about the Chicago "self-study". The author then goes on to tell us that ONLY ONE of the priests was a pedophile and all the others just had sex with minors. He explains the difference and you can read it there. I guess any highschool teacher that wants to testify that they only had sex with 16 and 17 year old students can point back at this study to explain why it is different. Finally, while I agree with the fact that MOST priests do not offend, Mr. Jenkins does not call the church to the carpet for hiding these men from the authorities. Knowing that a priest or ANY adult committed a sexual act with a minor and not reporting it is in of itself a crime. The Catholic Church has been complicit in this cover up from the top down and until they come clean and give up all the names of all the offenders they are a criminal organization.

The real problem here is not The Church, but a group of homosexuals within The Church structure. This group has become very powerful,and just like all gay activists, they protect their own.

One of the most notorious homosexual priests in the Boston child-molester scandal is the Rev. Paul Shanley, who allegedly has been molesting teenage boys for decades but has been protected by the church hierarchy. Records just released by the Archdiocese of Boston provide damning evidence that Shanley was at the founding meeting of the North American Man-Boy Love Association in the late 1970s. He was at this meeting representing the "sexual-minorities" outreach program of the archdiocese.

Shanley has been an open advocate of the homosexual molestation of boys for decades. He eventually moved to California, where he opened up a homosexual bed-and-breakfast resort in Palm Springs with a fellow homosexual priest.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_20_18/ai_87460045/?tag=content;col1

The real problem here is not The Church, but a group of homosexuals within The Church structure. This group has become very powerful,and just like all gay activists, they protect their own.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_20_18/ai_87460045/?tag=content;col1

Bullshit. The church heirachy has protected these pedophiles for decades. And in so doing, has damaged thousands of innocent children. And it is nonsense like you are posting that has made it possible.

Gay lobby within the church. There's a shortage of priests, and if a huge number quit en masse, there's a problem.
Yes I am certain his holiness felt quite pressured by homosexuals in his church. The whole "gay is a sin" thing probably was much less a problem than queers quitting in mass from the church. Strike one, try again.

Yes I am certain his holiness felt quite pressured by homosexuals in his church. The whole "gay is a sin" thing probably was much less a problem than queers quitting in mass from the church. Strike one, try again.
Also, what about the pedophiles that assaulted girls?

The church covered up all the priest sex. With children, with adults with everyone. One of the chief requirements of being a priest is no nooky. How this never amounted to priests getting the boot is beyond me. But the fact that the church hid CRIMES from the authorities is what gets me the most. Apologists don't get this. They just continue with the "we're not as bad as others" excuse. Clean your own fucking house and let other people worry about the filth in theirs.

Jesus was walking along one day, when He came upon a group of people surrounding a lady of ill repute. It was obvious that the crowd was preparing to stone her, so Jesus made His now-famous statement, "Let the person who has no sin cast the first stone."

The crowd was shamed and one by one began to turn away. All of a sudden, a lovely little woman made her way through the crowd. Finally getting to the front, she throws a rock at the woman.

Jesus looks over and says, "I really hate it when you do that, Mom."

Jesus was walking along one day, when He came upon a group of people surrounding a lady of ill repute. It was obvious that the crowd was preparing to stone her, so Jesus made His now-famous statement, "Let the person who has no sin cast the first stone."

The crowd was shamed and one by one began to turn away. All of a sudden, a lovely little woman made her way through the crowd. Finally getting to the front, she throws a rock at the woman.

Jesus looks over and says, "I really hate it when you do that, Mom."

:D Good one!

Homosexuals have infiltrated the priesthood and the Church leadership. The Pope doesn't have the power to fire anyone he wants.

Back