Catholic Humor

Again, your claims are irrelevant because the crimes are much more heinous when the entire church organization was used to protect the pedophiles.

What is statistically probable is of no help to the tens of thousands of children betrayed by the one person who should have been their protector over all others outside their home. What is statistically likely is irrelevant when you look at the tens of thousands of lives destroyed, not just by being molested, but by being denied and called a liar by the catholic church. When it was the church who was lying.

The more you spout that vile defense, the more you are defending the indefensible destruction of people's lives. I cannot imagine why you would even attempt it.

Someone will have to respond to my post or quote me, if you want to see Southernman's next leap of illogic. He has lost the courage to debate me so he will only respond thru other people's posts.

Now THAT is what I call owning someone. lmao

Someone will have to respond to my post or quote me, if you want to see Southernman's next leap of illogic. He has lost the courage to debate me so he will only respond thru other people's posts.

Winterborn,

I think I have found his problem

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

* Glibness and Superficial Charm

* Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

* Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

* Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

* Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

* Incapacity for Love

* Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

* Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Need I say more!

Winterborn,

Profile of the Sociopath

This website summarizes some of the common features of descriptions of the behavior of sociopaths.

They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

* Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

* Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

* Incapacity for Love

* Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Need I say more!

Rana, I think you just posted his resume'. lol

Although Soc has posted some pretty valid psychological insights into him as well.

Rana, I think you just posted his resume'. lol

Although Soc has posted some pretty valid psychological insights into him as well.
Did it post twice and look at the time differences, that is odd, does it do that often? I didn't post it twice! weird!

Winterborn,

Profile of the Sociopath

* Pathological Lying

* Shallow Emotions

* Incapacity for Love

* Need for Stimulation

Need I say more!

Number these, lib-babe, and be specific on which ones describe me. :)

Profile of the Sociopath

1) * Glibness and Superficial Charm

2) * Manipulative and Conning

3) * Grandiose Sense of Self

4) * Pathological Lying

5) * Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

6) * Shallow Emotions

7) * Incapacity for Love

8) * Need for Stimulation

9) * Callousness/Lack of Empathy

10) * Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

11) * Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency

12) * Irresponsibility/Unreliability

13) * Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

14) * Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

15) * Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

[/quote]

I'd say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, and possibly 15 fit you.

Last edited:
Well, you could be right, we never see ourselves the way others see us!

I hope you don't think I was referring to you. I was answering SM's request to number them and say which apply to him.

I hope you don't think I was referring to you. I was answering SM's request to number them and say which apply to him.
I know that, I am just full of piss and vinegar! Is he talking, I can't hear him, I have to set boundaries and at this moment, I just can't handle his total disregard for others humans and his thinking that people less fortunate get what they deserve, or the mentality "why don't they just go out and buy it" duh! When I was a Catholic, we were taught to love and respect the poor and do for others. DY is one of the Catholics that made me run from the church, where are they on Monday, after Sunday's lesson? Anyway, it is Friday and life is good!

I know that, I am just full of piss and vinegar! Is he talking, I can't hear him, I have to set boundaries and at this moment, I just can't handle his total disregard for others humans and his thinking that people less fortunate get what they deserve, or the mentality "why don't they just go out and buy it" duh! When I was a Catholic, we were taught to love and respect the poor and do for others. DY is one of the Catholics that made me run from the church, where are they on Monday, after Sunday's lesson? Anyway, it is Friday and life is good!

Happy friday, Froggie! Enjoy the day.

The difference is that when schools catch pedophiles they do not send them to other schools in the district to molest again. The catholic church sent pedophile priests to other diocese after they received "treatment" at the Holy Servants of the Paraclete in Jemez Springs NM. Treatment that was called a resounding failure by other priests in the church. If you want a good read on this, and I know DY doesn't want to read anything that shatters the wall of denial he has put up, go to http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news/2002_08_15_Russell_CampPed.htm and read about Camp Ped, the failure of a treatment center set up by the Catholic Church to treat the untreatable. Orders to hide pedophiles came from the top and were followed without questions for decades. The church could have stopped the abuse of children but were more afraid of the hit their authority would take if it was discovered Priest were sexually abusing kids.

So here is my challenge DY, show me the studies that show there are more pedophile teachers than priests. I want per capita numbers because there are more teachers in the world than priests.

The difference is that when schools catch pedophiles they do not send them to other schools in the district to molest again. The catholic church sent pedophile priests to other diocese after they received "treatment" at the Holy Servants of the Paraclete in Jemez Springs NM. Treatment that was called a resounding failure by other priests in the church. If you want a good read on this, and I know DY doesn't want to read anything that shatters the wall of denial he has put up, go to http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news/2002_08_15_Russell_CampPed.htm and read about Camp Ped, the failure of a treatment center set up by the Catholic Church to treat the untreatable. Orders to hide pedophiles came from the top and were followed without questions for decades. The church could have stopped the abuse of children but were more afraid of the hit their authority would take if it was discovered Priest were sexually abusing kids.

So here is my challenge DY, show me the studies that show there are more pedophile teachers than priests. I want per capita numbers because there are more teachers in the world than priests.

Statistically, of all the professions, Christian clergy are least likely to offend. Doctors, Farmers and Teachers are the professions most likely to abuse children--not clergy.
Read more:

http://gkupsidedown.blogspot.com/2010/03/pedophile-priests.html

At least you tried. But the study that your pro-catholic site cites has several weaknesses. First, the author of the book Phillip Jenkins, only talks about one study done in one diocese, Chicago. The "study" was an internal study done by the diocese itself. Would you let the Democrats do an internal study of ethics inside their party and then believe them when they tell you they are ethical? Me thinks not. The authors "statistics" can be found at http://www.zenit.org/article-3922?l=english where he talks about the Chicago "self-study". The author then goes on to tell us that ONLY ONE of the priests was a pedophile and all the others just had sex with minors. He explains the difference and you can read it there. I guess any highschool teacher that wants to testify that they only had sex with 16 and 17 year old students can point back at this study to explain why it is different. Finally, while I agree with the fact that MOST priests do not offend, Mr. Jenkins does not call the church to the carpet for hiding these men from the authorities. Knowing that a priest or ANY adult committed a sexual act with a minor and not reporting it is in of itself a crime. The Catholic Church has been complicit in this cover up from the top down and until they come clean and give up all the names of all the offenders they are a criminal organization.

Back