APP - censure

Jarod's incessant and childish whining notwithstanding, a censure of Wilson by the House for telling the truth will increase his standing with the voters in his South Carolina district.

Glad to know I have any power over the voters of SC.

Donald Rumsfeld uses a standing office and I did think of trying it once, but the thought of building tall legs for my desk, drafting table and side table was a bit overwhelming.

*folds arms and adopts disapproving manner*

Well, if you're not going to answer the question we can continue with this for at least another 20 pages.

*folds arms and adopts disapproving manner*

Well, if you're not going to answer the question we can continue with this for at least another 20 pages.
Perhaps if you'd write in English instead of Cockney I'd understand your question better.

What?!?!

Even Google drew a blank on this.

I guess you have to be English like Charver to understand it without explanation. I was basically pointing out the ludicrous stereotype, much loved by certain Americans, that most English have Cockney accents and sound like Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Charver lives in Cumbria which is a lot nearer to Scotland than London.

Last edited:
Not at all. South Carolinians hate a large central government as much as the Founders did.

I thought Southerners were noted for their courtesy and good manners. Joe must be a carpetbagger.

Well, what do you know?

"Joseph C. Wilson, IV, was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1949 to Joseph Charles Wilson, III, and Phyllis (Finnell) Wilson; he grew up in California and Europe (Wilson, The Politics of Truth 32–33)."

Last edited:
I guess you have to be English like Charver to understand it without explanation. I was basically pointing out the ludicrous stereotype, much loved by certain Americans, that most English have Cockney accents and sound like Dick van Dyke in the Mary Poppins. Charver live in Cumbria which is a lot nearer to Scotland than London.

The penny finally dropped!

Note the "English" part.

Never accept counterfeit goods.

My ideal woman is probably English, because I love the accent. Its a great start, and then from there, we would move toward Scarlett Johannson looks...

I mean, how bad could it be if a woman with such a voice became angry or just wanted to nag?

:clink:

I thought Southerners were noted for their courtesy and good manners. Joe must be a carpetbagger.

Well, what do you know?

"Joseph C. Wilson, IV, was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut in 1949 to Joseph Charles Wilson, III, and Phyllis (Finnell) Wilson; he grew up in California and Europe (Wilson, The Politics of Truth 32–33)."
Like me, Joe may have been born and raised elsewhere, but he's a true Southerner.

Back