APP - censure

And exactly what are you professing to believe that the specific words in this conversation mean?

As I said above...

"I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable". "

As I said above...

"I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable". "
Which equates to what in your mind?

Which equates to what in your mind?

Him appologizing for the substance of his words as well as the manor in which they were delivered. Do you not remember this discussion.

You argued that the apology was only about the manor the words were delivered. I said the apology covered both based on my reading of the words.

Him appologizing for the substance of his words as well as the manor in which they were delivered. Do you not remember this discussion.

You argued that the apology was only about the manor the words were delivered. I said the apology covered both based on my reading of the words.
In what manner? Do you think he believes the words to be factually incorrect?

no he did not. he still insisted obama misrepresented the facts....IOW...he still believes obama lied....

In what manner? Do you think he believes the words to be factually incorrect?

I think that the appology he issued illistrated a belife that the words were "inapproperate and regrettable", to me I can derive from that, that he professed a belife that the word "lie" was too strong. I also suspect that the apology did not convey his true feelings but merely was crafted to get out of a sticky situation. I do not know the guy so I take his words at face value, and that is that he belived the words to be "inaproperate and regrettable"!

To lie is to intentionally say something that is false. It must be an affirmative falsehood. Just because some illegal alens might commit fraud and get some healthcare does not mean that the healthcare bill provides for it!

no he did not. he still insisted obama misrepresented the facts....IOW...he still believes obama lied....

"To misrepresent" is not the same as "to lie", they are close but not exactly the same.

"To misrepresent" is not the same as "to lie", they are close but not exactly the same.

he did not apologize for the "lie" part....

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

he did not apologize for the "lie" part....

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

He called the words "you lie" inapproperate and regrettable, then appoligized for "this"!

He called the words "you lie" inapproperate and regrettable, then appoligized for "this"!

please point out specifically where he said "the words you lie" were innappropriate and regrettable.....

you can't....the text of his words show he still feels obama lied and apologized for the lack of civility, iow....he apologized for saying it during his speech....he never, ever said he was sorry for specifically calling him a liar....

please point out specifically where he said "the words you lie" were innappropriate and regrettable.....

you can't....the text of his words show he still feels obama lied and apologized for the lack of civility, iow....he apologized for saying it during his speech....he never, ever said he was sorry for specifically calling him a liar....

What other comments could he have been talking about?

What other comments could he have been calling inapproperate and regrettable?

No, words have meanings.... I am profesing that I can read words and see what the meaning of those words are.

What you really meant, was what you FEEL those words mean.
You wanted them to mean what you posted and your to full of yourself to ever see anything other then what you want to see.

As I said above...

And most people would KNOW that when someone says the number 57, they MEAN 57.

Seems clear to me he called the words, "you lie", dispicable an regrettable, then appologized for those comments.

Jarod's incessant and childish whining notwithstanding, a censure of Wilson by the House for telling the truth will increase his standing with the voters in his South Carolina district.

Back