APP - censure

Not true, he appologised for his comments by saying they were inappropriate and regrettable.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill, While I disagree with the President's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."
No. Again, actually read the portion that is an apology. "I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

He said the statement was inappropriate and regrettable but apologized only for the lack of civility. And inappropriate does not equal "untrue".

He was sorry he was rude.

Okay well, maybe depending on how you stretch the apology you could make that argument... I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable".

No. Again, actually read the portion that is an apology. "I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility."

He said the statement was inappropriate and regrettable but apologized only for the lack of civility. And inappropriate does not equal "untrue".

He was sorry he was rude.

Odd how President Obama has accepted the apology; but the Democratic representatives and the liberals on this board, are unable to follow their leaders example.

Okay well, maybe depending on how you stretch the apology you could make that argument... I would maintain that the "this" in, "this lack of civility" was refering to the comments that he had just called "inappropriate and regrettable"!

Regardless he called his comments... "inappropriate and regrettable", he did not call the way he delivered his comments "inappropriate and regrettable".

That would depend on what meaning of "this" this is!!

Odd how President Obama has accepted the apology; but the Democratic representatives and the liberals on this board, are unable to follow their leaders example.

Open your eyes and read... its not my appology to accept, but I belive the issue is over, I am merely discussing what was intended by the words of the appology.

This is why liberals can't trust a repub apology, because "apologies" like Wilson's are phony and self-serving.

I do not agree, his apology was not self serving or phony, others are merely trying to change the meaning of the apology to suit other interests or to say he was not really apologizing.

This is why liberals can't trust a repub apology, because "apologies" like Wilson's are phony and self-serving.

Sen. Hillary Clinton quickly apologized Friday after citing the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in defending her decision to keep running for the Democratic presidential nomination despite increasingly long odds.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24796393/

Not odd at all, as they are vindictive. Which reminds me, why didn't the Dems demand an apology from Pete Stark when he called Bush a liar from the floor? Hypocrites, you say?

what most of you are overlooking is that wilson needs to apologize to his colleges for being uncivil to the congress which was in joint session

his outburst was not only rude and uncivil, but also untrue

while nothing in the proposed legislation would prevent an illegal alien (from any nation, there are illegals from more than mexico and central america) from buying non-government subsidized health insurance (in fact, illegals buy health insurance now, from insirance companies that are glad to have their business)

what the legislation does not allow is for an illegal to buy government subsudized health insurance

i am rather curious what happens to the money illegals pay to
fica and medicare since they cannot collect the benefits

Open your eyes and read... its not my appology to accept, but I belive the issue is over, I am merely discussing what was intended by the words of the appology.

And now you are professing that you can read minds and see into another person's meaning!!

Back