Challenging Hume to a Debate #2 - Physics of the Global Warming Faith : Is Greenhouse Effect Even Possible?

It's clearly false. The atmosphere already changes temperatures on Earth.
The atmosphere cannot change the temperature of the Earth, Void. You are ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics again. You can't create energy out of nothing.

Without the atmosphere, the high temps would be 100+ degrees higher and the low temperatures would be 100+ degrees lower.
Not the temperature of the Earth, Void. You are making up numbers as well. Argument from randU fallacy. Attempted proof by contrivance.

The atmosphere is not a thermostat, Void. It has no capability to warm the Earth.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You are ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics again.
You're welcome to deny all the science you want.....

The atmosphere impacts temperatures on Earth. Period. No amount of your denial and tap dancing will change that.

You're welcome to deny all the science you want.....
You are describing yourself, Void. DON'T TRY TO BLAME YOUR PROBLEM ON ME OR ANYBODY ELSE!
The atmosphere impacts temperatures on Earth. Period. No amount of your denial and tap dancing will change that.
You are ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics again. The denial of science is YOURS. DON'T TRY TO BLAME YOUR PROBLEM ON ANYBODY ELSE!

You are describing yourself, Void. DON'T TRY TO BLAME YOUR PROBLEM ON ME OR ANYBODY ELSE!

You are ignoring the 1st law of thermodynamics again. The denial of science is YOURS. DON'T TRY TO BLAME YOUR PROBLEM ON ANYBODY ELSE!
You realize that the existence, or non-existence, of an atmosphere changes nothing regarding the energy coming from the Sun, don't you?

Really.....you just can't be this obtuse.

Last edited:
I'm not claiming the atmosphere warms the Earth. YOU ARE.
I’m claiming what is known to be true - the atmosphere keeps high temps lower and low temps higher. It does this day after day, regardless of any sun energy variations and regardless of your word games, dishonesty, avoiding etc.

Back