Christmas Dinner

maineman

Banned
Tonight, my wife and I will have my 34 year old son and his new girlfriend, my 22 year old son and his girlfriend, and my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend all join us for Christmas dinner. The menu:

Standing rib roast encrusted with a garlic/horseradish paste
roasted new potatoes and brussel sprouts
garlic baguette
bibb lettuce/candied pecan/pear/bleu cheese salad
warm dark chocolate tortes

Merry Christmas to all!!

My wife and daughter and I just finished Xmas dinner.

The turkey was seasoned to perfection with a crispy skin.

Mashed potatos, fried okra, collard greens (her family tradition), the best giblet gravy ever, and a tossed salad.

Being the proper southern family, we all had sweet tea as well.

Man I'm so full, shouldn't be talking about food. Burp. Salad, Ribeye roast, roasted potatoes, garlic roasted asparagus, baked apples, and cheesecake. I only ate half of the apple and skipped the cheesecake, I'm still comatosed.

Merry Christmas folks.

I had a new recipe for sweet potatoes (not the same thing as potatoes, I"m not allergic to them) this year that was very "cinnamony" according to my daughter. Of course it was, there was cinnamon in the recipe.

We went for the standard this year rather than my usual fare. We had turkey and ham (for the meat eaters), mac and cheese, caulimash, sweet potatoes, I made mashed taters for the folks who are not allergic and who don't mind the carbs, and an eggplant parmesan for us vegetarians...

I cooked for about 45 people over at my sister's place.

Cajun-style fried turkey, my mom's incomparable dressing (with giblet gravy) and 'Senator Russell' sweet potato casserole, my sister's green bean casserole, mac & cheese, cranberry sauce, yeast rolls, sweet tea... oh, and cherry cheesecake and pecan pie.

Merry Christmas to all, from Dixie.

I let the kids decide, ham or steak, and they chose steak. :)

Also my wife's sweet potato pie and a bottle of bubbly.

I am still bloated and do not expect to recover till next year.

been raining for days here, nothing to do but loaf and eat :D

Had Turkey last night and ham on Christmas eve. The guys live for the sandwiches afterwards. I always end up making turkey enchiladas at some point. They are my favorite part. I have candy coming out of my ears and am thiking of freezing some and pulling it out for my superbowl party.

The rest of the house is still asleep. I just finished two turkey sandwiches on wheat. Mmmm

There is something about cold turkey on a sandwich that is manna from heaven.

Turkey sandwiches are a yummy thing for sure.

Soft wheat bread, salt and lots of miracle whip.

Turkey sandwiches are a yummy thing for sure.

Soft wheat bread, salt and lots of miracle whip.

Desh, you just described my breakfast! (and a cup of strong black coffee to wash it down)

Make turkey noodle soup.

Use the ham in clam chowder.

I love soups , my knuckleheads not so much.

They like this ham and rice dish I make and my hubby lives for spiral sliced ham sandwiches.

The turkey is easy because we all love the sandwiches and then the enchiladas use up a good deal. My dog loves it too. My silly little hound is not a pork eater. I think maybe she came from a Jewish family?:cof1:

I can pretty much make anything that is a soup or a sauce. I can cook anything at all well, but I am what some call an artist at soups and sauces...

I love soups , my knuckleheads not so much.

They like this ham and rice dish I make and my hubby lives for spiral sliced ham sandwiches.

The turkey is easy because we all love the sandwiches and then the enchiladas use up a good deal. My dog loves it too. My silly little hound is not a pork eater. I think maybe she came from a Jewish family?:cof1:

Our little beast had his first taste of turkey last night. He was shaking he was so excited.

Being a 9 week old puppy, he sleeps a lot. He was half asleep in my daughter's hands when I stuck my fingers under his nose (I had been stripping the meat off the turkey). He woke up and turned into the ferocious little thing he was bred to be. No teeth, but he would have licked the skin off my fingers if I had let him.

I can pretty much make anything that is a soup or a sauce. I can cook anything at all well, but I am what some call an artist at soups and sauces...

They are so fun too, its like a tastebud driven science experiment.

I love them but they just think its a waste of the left overs.

Our little beast had his first taste of turkey last night. He was shaking he was so excited.

Being a 9 week old puppy, he sleeps a lot. He was half asleep in my daughter's hands when I stuck my fingers under his nose (I had been stripping the meat off the turkey). He woke up and turned into the ferocious little thing he was bred to be. No teeth, but he would have licked the skin off my fingers if I had let him.

There is something about turkey that they all just love.

My old boy (whos gone now) Hank would spend the whole turkey cooking time wandering the house sniffing the air. He was sooooo cute. I envy you , I havent had a puppy in so long.

Did some shopping today and came home to enjoy some drinking chocolate. It has been a LONG time since I have had drinking chocolate (as opposed to instant hot cocoa)

Tonight, my wife and I will have my 34 year old son and his new girlfriend, my 22 year old son and his girlfriend, and my 19 year old daughter and her boyfriend all join us for Christmas dinner. The menu:

Standing rib roast encrusted with a garlic/horseradish paste
roasted new potatoes and brussel sprouts
garlic baguette
bibb lettuce/candied pecan/pear/bleu cheese salad
warm dark chocolate tortes

Merry Christmas to all!!

Went to the daughters house for Christmas dinner...she had rib roast and Ham with pineapple...mashed taters,gravy,green beans with Mushroom & onion topping(casserole)sweet potatoes,heineken beer,hot buttered rolls and apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert...was great to not have to cook for the flock for once...had a great Christmas!:)

Back